• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 truelife

truelife

Hocker

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:23 AM

We have all these lists for NY - venues..

Do you have any cool dating ideas - things to do, see.. activities, nice spaces..., venues... in Jerusalem or if it's really fun in fact anywhere in Israel. Please share..
Thanks.

#2 nondenom

nondenom

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:03 PM

t'mol shilshom in yerushalaim

#3 shaya_getzl

shaya_getzl

Duogenarian ventriloquist

• Members
  • 7,858 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:11 PM

We have all these lists for NY - venues..

Do you have any cool dating ideas - things to do, see.. activities, nice spaces..., venues... in Jerusalem or if it's really fun in fact anywhere in Israel.  Please share..
Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Toire veYere
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."
"I am, like, kinda retarded. In a good sense of the word" ~ Brianna

#4 skifree

skifree

smoothie queen

• Members
  • 3,440 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:14 PM

Massive -shwarma place in tachane marchasie
zoo
I am sigless and smoothieless thanks to the mods

#5 enigma

enigma

רבנית

• Members
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:28 PM

zoo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You would go on a date to Massov? Or for that matter, anywhere in the Tachana HaMerkazit? Massov is generally overrun by immature shana alef boys, and the Tachana is so incredibly public that you're bound to run into at least ten people you know. But hey, if those things don't bother you....

Personally, I'd recommend Rosemary/רוזמרין which is a very nice restaurant but more out of the way. It's on Rechov Shlomtzion HaMalka (I think, it's either that or Rechov David HaMelech) about a block or two up from the King Solomon. Gan HaPaamon is only a couple blocks away, too, so you could go walking after dinner. :)
אין הדבר תלוי אלא בי

"Have you seen H&M this season? It looks like the 70's threw up on the 80's." ~holy

#6 Bluelaptop

Bluelaptop

Blackliner

• Members
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:31 PM

Sleeping Beauty came at 4
Her eyes were filled with tears.
"Oh my," she said, "I overslept
About a hundred years."

(Mr. Cuckoo's Clock Shop)

#7 skifree

skifree

smoothie queen

• Members
  • 3,440 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:36 PM

zoo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You would go on a date to Massov? Or for that matter, anywhere in the Tachana HaMerkazit? Massov is generally overrun by immature shana alef boys, and the Tachana is so incredibly public that you're bound to run into at least ten people you know. But hey, if those things don't bother you....

Personally, I'd recommend Rosemary/רוזמרין which is a very nice restaurant but more out of the way. It's on Rechov Shlomtzion HaMalka (I think, it's either that or Rechov David HaMelech) about a block or two up from the King Solomon. Gan HaPaamon is only a couple blocks away, too, so you could go walking after dinner. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I loved it in sem. I know it is not good for a first date. Maybe when you know eachother. They make the best stuff.
I am sigless and smoothieless thanks to the mods

#8 Torn

Torn

Every day is a gift

• Members
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:46 PM

What's wrong with ben Yehuda?
Fear is Temporary, Regret is Forever

It’s kind of fun to do the impossible -Walt Disney

#9 stav12121212

stav12121212

Gabbai

• Banned
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:05 PM

t'mol shilshom in yerushalaim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that was the first place that came to my mind....its great and quite and they brought Yoram Yovel once!!!
i'm not brainwashed.
my rabbi said.

#10 gumby

gumby

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 05:49 PM

Rosemary is a really good milchig restaurant. Its actually has the best and freshest fish in Yerushalyim( that Ive had so far) Its on Rehov Mapu, but like the other guy said up the block from the King Solomon and the King David.

#11 comeon

comeon

Shtark

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 12:53 PM

rose garden (park)
botanical gardens

#12 bigtoe

bigtoe

๙b๚nt๚

• Members
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 02:39 PM

• take the back alleys of the Old City. get to know the kids there. a breath of fresh air.

• Gardens near Knesset (huge public park with rolling hills and flowers/waterfall.) so peaceful there on shabbos

• Muskat (or Mooskat, as the Israeli's say it) on Kanfei Nesharim (near Har Nof) spacious (two levels?) italian food. their fettuccine rocks.

• Mama Mia (when it was around) was delightful. right off king george, yet in it's own stone..courtyard of sorts with gardens..(they were filming a food show last time I went. was pretty cool)

• the Betzalel Art school has a gallery (free and normal stuff), plus it's enclosed in a meanderin s tone wall all around..cute and quiet places to sit

• saunter down through the back streets of Rechavia & Shaarei Chesed. Quaint houses, nice artisan touches, quiet streets, blooming trees and warm Israeli sun on your back..

• The OU Center (on Keren Hayesod/King G), lots to do. tiny cafe to eat in (basement). speeches. trips. activities.
Forget science, I'm donating my body to magic

-Erin Brown/Threadless

#13 p_almonius

p_almonius

Minister of silly davening

• Members
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 03:21 PM

Eluna is a site that lists and reviews kosher restaurants througout Israel. You may find someplace there that is what you are looking for, read the reviews to see what fits the atmosphere that you would like (and the price range you're interested in).

Do not use the discount coupons from the site on a date.
I am DEMANDING that the Rabbonim start screaming about this.

#14 lyric

lyric

grannylicious

• Members
  • 7,872 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 06:52 PM

• saunter down through the back streets of Rechavia & Shaarei Chesed. Quaint houses, nice artisan touches, quiet streets, blooming trees and warm Israeli sun on your back..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Our house is in Shaarei Chessed. Also there is Medrash Shmuel Yeshiva so beware of bumping into a familiar bochur or two, including my son :) You are welcome to enjoy our lemon tree though; this year we picked over 200 lemons and distributed them around Shaarei Chessed (after maysering them).
Seen on News Billboard: Osama bin Laden is dead. What Kate was wearing when she heard the news...

#15 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 01:46 AM

Proud member of the "I don't always wait until I finish reading the thread to respond" club.

Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not; and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad. ~ Robert C. Savage

#16 Rikal

Rikal

Halavai Benoni

• Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 11:52 AM

zoo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also the bathroom is filthy. Something a girl wouldn't appreciate.

#17 Rikal

Rikal

Halavai Benoni

• Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 11:57 AM

I second Muscat.

The tayelet w/picnic lunch. Once a guy took me to the kotel to daven, we walked the tayelet, sat at a picnic table and made the lunch I prepared. This was not a 1st or 2nd date.

#18 somethinghiding

somethinghiding

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 06:14 PM

Gan Sakker... ;)

And if you're looking for an all night place, cafe rimon.

Also, Atara restaurant on yafo is nice.

Or even just going to the old city and sitting and chatting...

#19 chiloni

chiloni

Gabbai

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:21 PM

Holyland cafe at the bottom of bayit vegan is quite nice, but it's a bit out of the way.
"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones you need to concentrate on."
"I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah."
- George W. Bush

#20 Daniel

Daniel

Gabbai

• Members
  • 785 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:43 PM

More, more.

I might this information soon, iy'h.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users