• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 somethinghiding

somethinghiding

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:21 PM

Anyone know about the college/school for post high school girls in Ofakim, Israel?

Any information you could give me would be appreciated.

#2 pleats

pleats

Rebbetzin Doctor

• Members
  • 3,649 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:59 PM

#3 bigtoe

bigtoe

ùbúntú

• Members
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 03:10 PM

Good program. Good kids. If you need more info after pleats, lemme know.
Forget science, I'm donating my body to magic

-Erin Brown/Threadless

#4 greentiger

greentiger

look here!

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:11 PM

Don't tell me you're considering Ofakim :blink: Gosh, you really changed since the last time I saw you...
PM me if you have any questions about Ofakim or if you're interested in meeting anyone who learned there. Come to think of it, you already know someone, whatever, get in touch with me...
Treat each day as your last; one day you will be right

If a man stands in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

#5 somethinghiding

somethinghiding

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 01:47 PM

Don't tell me you're considering Ofakim :blink: Gosh, you really changed since the last time I saw you...
PM me if you have any questions about Ofakim or if you're interested in meeting anyone who learned there. Come to think of it, you already know someone, whatever, get in touch with me...

I am considering ofakim. Do I know you, greentiger? Who are you? PM me with info about who you are. I have changed, people tell me.
I have questions about ofakim- is it a seminary? College? School that gives a certificate for something?
What type of girls go there?
Anyone with info, either PM me or reply in this thread. Pleats, BigToe, AND Greentiger.

#6 Guest_melech_*

Guest_melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2006 - 01:54 PM

#7 somethinghiding

somethinghiding

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:02 PM

Its a teaching school? B.Ed. is Bachelors of education? Is it an american or an israeli school?

Is it lubavitch?

#8 Guest_melech_*

Guest_melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:37 PM

#9 greentiger

greentiger

look here!

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:40 PM

It's Seminary and College, they have quite alot of options for the chol but you need to learn teaching. The kodesh is said to be very good, maybe you can go for a shabbos to check it out.
Treat each day as your last; one day you will be right

If a man stands in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

#10 JeremyRuben

JeremyRuben

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:43 PM

I think my uncle taught there many years ago but sorry I don't have any good information.
Please say Tehillim for my brother - Avraham Yeshuah Ben Yochana Margolit.
And my grandmother - Mira Bas Raizel

#11 stav12121212

stav12121212

Gabbai

• Banned
  • 456 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:59 PM

I know a lot of ppl who went there.it's very charedi though i heard that they treat the non-isralis diffrently .
I also heard that it changed a lot in the past few years and became even more charedi so don't count too much on opinions of former students the past.
I know a few ppl - American Israeli- that are there now and enjoy it a lot .it was hard for them in the begining but they enjoy it now.
I don't know ,I wouldn't go there -way too frum and closed-minded for me( and i'm very frum).it's just that i can't take rules about dressing and thinking.I always feel like I can't be myself in these kind of places.

The degree they give you is not the best...so if you go there for the degree- think again.
It's also far away from everything...when they want to go out they go shopping for food...if you can live like this...

Bottom line- you have to be a certain type of a person to enjoy it , very normal.
i'm not brainwashed.
my rabbi said.

#12 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:06 PM

You need to forget this education/seminary nonsense and get married and start having kids..........
[/flirting]

#13 somethinghiding

somethinghiding

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:31 PM

You need to forget this education/seminary nonsense and get married and start having kids..........

Tell that to my mom and dad. They dont want me to get married and not get a degree. So even if its a bad degree, stav, its not what matters. As long as its some degree they're fine with it.

It might be closedminded and very strict, but thats the kind of place I want.

#14 glockenspiel

glockenspiel

Gabbai

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:33 PM

Tell that to my mom and dad. They dont want me to get married and not get a degree. So even if its a bad degree, stav, its not what matters. As long as its some degree they're fine with it.

It might be closedminded and very strict, but thats the kind of place I want.

Degree? Pfft. Your parents just mystify me.

#15 pleats

pleats

Rebbetzin Doctor

• Members
  • 3,649 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:13 PM

#16 somethinghiding

somethinghiding

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:17 PM

Might I ask why? Haven't you posted that you like the seminary that you're in because of it's openmindedness?

That is true. But my definition of openminded is quite different from others. I think my seminary is openminded, yet most people think its closedminded. So I would assume that makes me closedminded and I would probably be happy in a place that others call closedminded- because I would call it openminded.

Then again, what was good for me this year isnt what I neccesarily want for next year. I happen to think my sem is a little too openminded, but it was what I needed to get me to where I am now. I dont neccesarily want a place like where I am now for next year.

#17 pleats

pleats

Rebbetzin Doctor

• Members
  • 3,649 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:19 PM

#18 bruriaheww

bruriaheww

Masmid

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:18 PM

Where are you this year?
*ezehu ashir,hasamayach bichelko*

#19 brianna

brianna

Sanctimonious Pleasure Seeker

• Members
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:20 PM

Where are you this year?

I think the prudent question is where have you been?

Nice to meet you by the way.
Certainly there is no shortage of married, left-wing harlots who do not cover their hair. Although, they're probably busy sacrificing their children to Ba‛al and filing divorce papers. ~ Milton

"Are you including as shomer negiya someone who is sleeping with his girlfriend but not shaking hands with the car dealer?" ~ Moshi

"Some people like their corn flakes soggy, other people get off on repression and guilt." ~ Sweet

Notice of New Policy: I now ask people permission before using their quotes.

#20 somethinghiding

somethinghiding

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:35 PM

I don't think your first paragraph is that logical.

Why? I happen to find myself most comfortable in places labeled "closedminded". I don't see them as such, but others do. Consequently, I probably would appreciate a place labeled as "closedminded". Get it now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users