• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 int

int

• Members
  • 7,388 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:01 AM

[Inspired by the Moussaoui thread]

So solitary confinement for life just goes to show you that there are punishments far worse than death.

The question is ... what is the worst possible punishment possible (in this world)?

I'm thinking it's the following:

Strap a person to a bed, such that he can't move his arms or legs [this prevents any suicide attempt]. Connect him to an IV supply of food (so that he doesn't have to use his hands to eat, and so he can't refuse to eat). Then inflict the worst kind of pain possible (I'm not gonna write it here directly, but you're free to use your imagination) every day, 24 hours, seven days a week, 365 days a year, for life. The pain should be of a kind that is non-fatal, so this poor person can live for another...say...40 years in constant pain.

I think that's about the worst you can do in this world..Anyone have better ideas?

#2 glockenspiel

glockenspiel

Gabbai

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:04 AM

So solitary confinement for life just goes to show you that there are punishments far worse than death.

The question is ... what is the worst possible punishment possible (in this world)?

Strap a person to a bed, such that he can't move his arms or legs [this prevents any suicide attempt]. Connect him to an IV supply of food (so that he doesn't have to use his hands to eat, and so he can't refuse to eat). Then inflict the worst kind of pain possible (I'm not gonna write it here directly, but you're free to use your imagination) every day, 24 hours, seven days a week, 365 days a year, for life. The pain should be of a kind that is non-fatal, so this poor person can live for another...say...40 years in constant pain.

I think that's about the worst you can do in this world..Anyone have better ideas?

I just read Hannibal. Im not in the right state of mind to answer that. Think Pigs.

#3 TOMBOY

TOMBOY

טיזער

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:05 AM

Have you been reading Les 120 journées de Sodome lately?

Man, I have to rethink this bless't union.

[ps. subjecting the person to watch his children undergo the above is worse, IMO]

#4 int

int

• Members
  • 7,388 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:09 AM

Have you been reading Les 120 journées de Sodome lately?

Man, I have to rethink this bless't union.

It's all hypothetical m'dear. No worries ;)

[ps. subjecting the person to watch his children undergo the above is worse, IMO]

I don't think so. It may be at first, but physical pain gets to you. Just a fact of life.

#5 TOMBOY

TOMBOY

טיזער

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:11 AM

It's all hypothetical m'dear. No worries ;)
I don't think so. It may be at first, but physical pain gets to you. Just a fact of life.

Still worried.
and excited

Children are your flesh and blood. Hence, it's physical. Ask Mindy.

#6 myaccountname

myaccountname

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 11:37 AM

after a certain point pain itself can be fatal
Thats why there is caramel and vanilla...

#7 accolade

accolade

probably doesn't care

• Members
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:15 PM

You've completely left out psychological pain. I imagine the worst punishment possible would include a hefty dose of each.

That's one way of inflicting psychological pain.
דעלך סני לחברך לא תעביד

#8 Liorah-Lleucu

Liorah-Lleucu

talmidah chachamah

• Members
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:00 PM

living is a punishment itself
my blogs - Walking On Fire, Contemplating Sefer HaBahir, Craftwork Of A Jewitch
Jewitchery On The Edge Webring - find out more here

#9 Pure Myrrh

Pure Myrrh

Newbie Emeritus

• Members
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:54 PM

Yes...same as your idea only put out a gourmet smorgasboard right next to his bed.
Do you love the IRS? If so please do NOT support the FairTax proposal!

#10 int

int

• Members
  • 7,388 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 03:15 PM

Yes...same as your idea only put out a gourmet smorgasboard right next to his bed.

But the smorgasboard will be the last thing on his mind...

#11 accolade

accolade

probably doesn't care

• Members
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:09 PM

But the smorgasboard will be the last thing on his mind...

Tsk. You underestimate psychological pain.

Not only would I put a smorgasbord out, I'd...

Well yeah.
דעלך סני לחברך לא תעביד

#12 Pure Myrrh

Pure Myrrh

Newbie Emeritus

• Members
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:14 PM

Tsk. You underestimate psychological pain.

Not only would I put a smorgasbord out, I'd...

Well yeah.

....have him get non-stop lapdances? Now that's just plain inhumane.
Do you love the IRS? If so please do NOT support the FairTax proposal!

#13 girlontheroof

girlontheroof

Gabbai

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:15 PM

faucet dripping 24 hours/ day, cold showers, induce vomit and make him eat it, cage with rats, let him walk out of the prison and then shoot him in the leg or electrocute... let's see... whatelsewhatelse...

hide a key behind his eye socket and force him to dig out his own eye to get the key or else a trap is going to close on him forever. (borrowed).

#14 Short

Short

Humanistic Misanthrope

• Members
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 12:05 AM

Girl, read one too many horror novels. :ph34r:

Constant repetitive pain tends to grow duller with time. I suggest that in addition to all the aforementioned punishments, the punishments be started and stopped at random intervals, so the prisoner will not get used to it, and will look forward with dread for the torture to restart at any given moment. That's psychological pain.
Ask a seismologist why there was a tsunami, don't ask a rabbi. - Moshi

#15 mendelbaum666

mendelbaum666

Culinary Director of the Madhouse

• Members
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 12:08 AM

I just read Hannibal. Im not in the right state of mind to answer that. Think Pigs.

the lambs keeping you up at night Clarece?

make him attend some college classes on anger management taught by the teacher from Ferris Bueler's Day Off -- "anyone? , anyone?"
"all that hates gonna burn you up inside, boy it keeps me warm at night " ~Full Metal Jacket
"these are Hanes 32, mine are boxer shorts."
Malcolm Crowe: How do you draw now?
Cole Sear: Draw... people smiling, dogs running, rainbows. They don't have meetings about rainbows.

#16 accolade

accolade

probably doesn't care

• Members
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 12:09 AM

Constant repetitive pain tends to grow duller with time. I suggest that in addition to all the aforementioned punishments, the punishments be started and stopped at random intervals, so the prisoner will not get used to it, and will look forward with dread for the torture to restart at any given moment. That's psychological pain.

You remind me of my dentist's drill. :ph34r:
דעלך סני לחברך לא תעביד

#17 mendelbaum666

mendelbaum666

Culinary Director of the Madhouse

• Members
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 12:11 AM

sounds like college or even yeshiva food (not the stuff I make)
"all that hates gonna burn you up inside, boy it keeps me warm at night " ~Full Metal Jacket
"these are Hanes 32, mine are boxer shorts."
Malcolm Crowe: How do you draw now?
Cole Sear: Draw... people smiling, dogs running, rainbows. They don't have meetings about rainbows.

#18 TOMBOY

TOMBOY

טיזער

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 12:20 AM

hide a key behind his eye socket and force him to dig out his own eye to get the key

You're bad. Very bad.

#19 Moshi

Moshi

Little Reb Sunshine

• Members
  • 21,046 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 12:34 AM

Plant a bamboo. Place the top of bamboo into subject's anus. Tie subject to keep him in place. Water bamboo to accelerate growth.
The L-rd may not come when you call, but He's always on time. -Lemon Andersen

Kabel et ha-emet mi-mi she-omro.

"All is by the hand of Heaven, except colds and fevers" -Ketubot 30a.

~My Blog~

#20 TOMBOY

TOMBOY

טיזער

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 12:35 AM

MODS!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users