Anyway, the following guidelines are now in place:
- BBcode is allowed
- 500 character limit - this INCLUDES BBcode
- No HTML
- Nothing flashy/annoying
- Please keep text to standard or near-standard size (this means size 1 or 2) and color
- Images can be a maximum of 60 pixels in height. Width doesn't matter as much, just make sure that it doesn't create floodlines. And remember, if its very wide, it'll look stupid. And if it looks very bad, we'll just remove it.
- Images can not have any moving parts. So static JPEG's only. Again, nothing moving.
- Signature have to also comply with the regular board guidelines.
- Quoting other members in a signature is OK, as long as it is also OK with the quoted member.
- Finally, and most importantly, the moderators use their best judgment to enforce these guidelines. They will use their discretion to decide what is acceptable and what isn't. Decisions are near-always made after a group consultation and consensus: no one mod will pick on you out of his or her personal gripes.
Please make sure that your signatures fit in with the above guidelines. Failure to do so will result in the moderators completely removing the signature and replacing it with something snarky.