Deli Roll And Rugelach

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 avigail

avigail

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:26 PM

Need recips for these 2 foods, and anything else you'd like to add.

#2 mendelbaum666

mendelbaum666

Culinary Director of the Madhouse

• Members
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:46 PM

quick rugalech recipe...
take a pie crust, roll it out on a little flour, shmear some melted margarine on it, mix some sugar, cinnamon, raisins and ground walnuts in a bowl and then genoursly sprinkle all over then cut the dough in to small triangles and then rol them up and bake till golden brown

quicker deli roll

take flaky dough, shmear some mustard or ketchup on the dough, put some of your favorite deli meat on top 3 or 4 slices at most , some people put in some chicken breast (2 inch piece) that was marinated in bbq sauce or anything you enjoy, roll it all up or fold in a triangle and bake untill done
"all that hates gonna burn you up inside, boy it keeps me warm at night " ~Full Metal Jacket
"these are Hanes 32, mine are boxer shorts."
Malcolm Crowe: How do you draw now?
Cole Sear: Draw... people smiling, dogs running, rainbows. They don't have meetings about rainbows.

#3 Torn

Torn

Every day is a gift

• Members
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:01 PM

take flaky dough, shmear some mustard or ketchup on the dough, put some of your favorite deli meat on top 3 or 4 slices at most , some people put in some chicken breast (2 inch piece) that was marinated in bbq sauce or anything you enjoy, roll it all up or fold in a triangle and bake untill done

Yum
Fear is Temporary, Regret is Forever

Itís kind of fun to do the impossible -Walt Disney

#4 mendelbaum666

mendelbaum666

Culinary Director of the Madhouse

• Members
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:05 PM

Yum

served warm with a nice honey mustard sauce double yummmmm
"all that hates gonna burn you up inside, boy it keeps me warm at night " ~Full Metal Jacket
"these are Hanes 32, mine are boxer shorts."
Malcolm Crowe: How do you draw now?
Cole Sear: Draw... people smiling, dogs running, rainbows. They don't have meetings about rainbows.

#5 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:56 PM

Rugeluch: Make whats on the back of Domino's DARK brown sugar box, but skip the part about the sauce at the bottom and the whole pecans. Just make the dough/filling part and bake.

Deli Roll:
Get a Peppridge Farm Puff Pastry dough, let thaw enough to open up the folds. On middle third, shmear mayo and mustard. Layer about 1/4 to 1/2 pound of deli on top. Fold right third on top of that. Shmear with mayo and mustard, layer another 1/4 to 1/2 pound deli. Fold over with left third. Shmear with egg and sprinkle sesame (just for prettiness, nothing to do with taste.) Bake at 350&#F until it looks pretty, about 45 minutes.
Many people wish they could change their life, when all they really need to do is change their attitude towards life. - Sharon

#6 agent220

agent220

Mommy

• Members
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:06 PM

Shmear with egg and sprinkle sesame (just for prettiness, nothing to do with taste.) Bake at 350&#F until it looks pretty, about 45 minutes.

Actually, it makes it crispy which makes it yummy, and it adds calcium and protein ;)
When you try to make a statement, all you're really doing is raising questions.

#7 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:28 PM

You can also do a puff pastry dough/pie filling kind of thing. Bake and then shmear with a confectioner's sugar frosting.

Let me know if you want the exact recipe; it's quite good!
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users