Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:53 AM

#2 existwhere?

existwhere?

חסד ואמת

• Members
  • 11,354 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:56 PM

Inflation?
"If they would allow one dead soul to visit an assembly of philosophers, that would be the end of all their teachings." -R' Nachman

This Is All You're Missing!!! (4,17)
5 Kislev, 5770

#3 Nooch

Nooch

Dark Lord of The Sith

• Members
  • 5,376 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:35 PM

I think that many of us would think that if we find money in our pockets on shabbat we basically would shake out the pocket, let the money fall to the ground, and that's that. However, I think it's interesting that the Tur doesn't seem to entertain that possibility - he discusses whether to leave it with a nonJew, on a donkey, with a cheresh/shoteh/katan, walking less than 4 amot at a time, but at no point does he suggest just leaving the money.

Those who come by their money with hard work and honesty do not let it go so easily. Think Yaakov Avinu and the pachim k'tanim.

"What we do in life, echos in eternity"
--------------
"You underestimate the power of the dark side!"-Lord Vader
"I find your lack of faith disturbing!"-Lord Vader
To the Mods: "Dont be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."-Lord Vader

#4 WaldoinGalus

WaldoinGalus

Hocker

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:54 AM

this past Shabbos I realized upon walking to my Friday night seudah that I forgot to put my car keys in my shtender at Mincha, and felt them in my pocket. Not sure what to do I decided to not touch that pocket for the Shabbos. I was pretty embarrassed and my Rav was out of town. I live in a community with a reliable eiruv, so carrying wasn't the issue, nor simply just the key, the issue was my possession of the electronic key fob with attached keys on Shabbos.

Any insight or comments welcome to know for next time.

#5 doodlehead

doodlehead

cute little fluttery butterfly

• Members
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:40 PM

I think that many of us would think that if we find money in our pockets on shabbat we basically would shake out the pocket, let the money fall to the ground, and that's that.

Would all of us do that if we had a huge wad of hundreds in our pocket?

"Eat. Spit. Be Happy." -Davids
"Who is wise? he who can learn from every man. can be applied here, getting 'inspiration' from a one eyed whacko."
- soapmaker
" He who stands on toilet is high on pot" -Confucius
" When life gives you lemons make lemonade..... but if life gives you a handful of [email protected], dont try making anything out of it, trust me on that one. -Dahlai Lama
" I love Jews." -Somebody must have said it, somewhere
"A good friend will come and bail you out of jail................. but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "[email protected] that was fun".
Traveling the world in search of the truth.
Make aliyah, or aliyah will make you.
Author of the 1,234,567th post on Hashkafah.com!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users