• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 doodlehead

doodlehead

cute little fluttery butterfly

• Members
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:26 PM

Traditionally, women have looked toward men for financial support when choosing a mate.

Was that always the way it worked?

"Eat. Spit. Be Happy." -Davids
"Who is wise? he who can learn from every man. can be applied here, getting 'inspiration' from a one eyed whacko."
- soapmaker
" He who stands on toilet is high on pot" -Confucius
" When life gives you lemons make lemonade..... but if life gives you a handful of [email protected], dont try making anything out of it, trust me on that one. -Dahlai Lama
" I love Jews." -Somebody must have said it, somewhere
"A good friend will come and bail you out of jail................. but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "[email protected] that was fun".
Traveling the world in search of the truth.
Make aliyah, or aliyah will make you.
Author of the 1,234,567th post on Hashkafah.com!!

#42 brianna

brianna

Sanctimonious Pleasure Seeker

• Members
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:28 PM

Was that always the way it worked?

Food, a place to live and protection. Nowadays that translates into money (and sometimes muscle).
Certainly there is no shortage of married, left-wing harlots who do not cover their hair. Although, they're probably busy sacrificing their children to Ba‛al and filing divorce papers. ~ Milton

"Are you including as shomer negiya someone who is sleeping with his girlfriend but not shaking hands with the car dealer?" ~ Moshi

"Some people like their corn flakes soggy, other people get off on repression and guilt." ~ Sweet

Notice of New Policy: I now ask people permission before using their quotes.

#43 doodlehead

doodlehead

• Members
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:29 PM

Food, a place to live and protection. Nowadays that translates into money (and sometimes muscle).

Yeah. So teddys tznius rule would apply to mens bodies.

"Who is wise? he who can learn from every man. can be applied here, getting 'inspiration' from a one eyed whacko."
- soapmaker
" When life gives you lemons make lemonade..... but if life gives you a handful of [email protected], dont try making anything out of it, trust me on that one. -Dahlai Lama
"A good friend will come and bail you out of jail................. but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "[email protected] that was fun".

#44 brianna

brianna

• Members
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:32 PM

Yeah. So teddys tznius rule would apply to mens bodies.

To a much lesser extent than women's bodies.

By the way, there are women out there who will date a guy primarily for his body. Having kids with him is another story though.
Certainly there is no shortage of married, left-wing harlots who do not cover their hair. Although, they're probably busy sacrificing their children to Ba‛al and filing divorce papers. ~ Milton

"Are you including as shomer negiya someone who is sleeping with his girlfriend but not shaking hands with the car dealer?" ~ Moshi

"Some people like their corn flakes soggy, other people get off on repression and guilt." ~ Sweet

#45 doodlehead

doodlehead

• Members
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:33 PM

By the way, there are women out there who will date a guy primarily for his body. Having kids with him is another story though.

Whys that?

- soapmaker

#46 brianna

brianna

• Members
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:34 PM

Whys that?

It's possibly instinctual.

#47 doodlehead

doodlehead

• Members
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:37 PM

It's possibly instinctual.

Men with good bodies cant be good fathers?

- soapmaker

#48 brianna

brianna

• Members
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:39 PM

Men with good bodies cant be good fathers?

Oh they can. It's just that having a good body is not nearly enough.

#49 Savannah

Savannah

~*~ pixie smile ~*~

• Members
  • 20,505 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:44 PM

:rofl:

I think this line of reasoning should be sent to Brad and Angelina for comment.

#50 brianna

brianna

• Members
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:46 PM

I think this line of reasoning should be sent to Brad and Angelina for comment.

Those two have more in common than being good looking. They are considered major sex symbols, are huge movie stars and have ridiculous amounts of money.

#51 doodlehead

doodlehead

• Members
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:47 PM

So why would a woman want to only date men with good bodies, but not have kids with them?

- soapmaker

#52 brianna

brianna

• Members
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:48 PM

So why would a woman want to only date men with good bodies, but not have kids with them?

It's called having fun before you intend to settle down.

#53 Savannah

Savannah

~*~ pixie smile ~*~

• Members
  • 20,505 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:49 PM

Those two have more in common than being good looking. They are considered major sex symbols, are huge movie stars and have ridiculous amounts of money.

Er, so what?

This is a bunch of hooey. You're conflating a himbo with a guy who's well built.

#54 doodlehead

doodlehead

• Members
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:49 PM

It's called having fun before you intend to settle down.

So why did you say it was 'possibly instinctual'?

- soapmaker

#55 Darkness Within

Darkness Within

Shtark

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:41 AM

Yah. :rolleyes:
the real modest thing to do is walk by jumping with ones legs together as a pair- this prevents any complications of leg seperation...

But then there would be bounceage which would probably be even worse. The real modest thing to do is get around by rolling with your knees tucked under your chin and a large dress to hide buttage.

Since a woman's physical sensuality is her primary means of attracting a mate, this becomes ervah. A man's physical body isn't as much the central attractive force for women. So for a man to show off his thick wallet is not tznius, but pants are OK.

If he keeps his wallet in his back pocket and his pants are tight enough, you might be able to discern it's thickness. One may be able to argue though that since we have credit cards, thickness of said wallet is not enough evidence of wealth, so it's ok.
:wavey:
We pass the time of day to forget that time passes.

"Discussion is the pickaxe which uncovers the Truth from the mountain of error under which it is buried."

#56 lyric

lyric

grannylicious

• Members
  • 7,872 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:37 AM

True, whenever the pants are even a bit tight on the man, or if the man is a bit overweight and there is some pulling of the fabric, it's easy to see the outline of the man's crotch in pants.

When I was young I met a boy who told me his pants were so tight you could see what religion he was.
Seen on News Billboard: Osama bin Laden is dead. What Kate was wearing when she heard the news...

#57 Jewcepticon

Jewcepticon

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:52 AM

their was at least one posek(whos name i cant recollect but it was eithern in iraq or yemen) who ruled that pants are beged isha, in the middle east you can see even the most "frum" muslim women wear pants while guys traditionally have worn long jalabiyas called thobes (the new shorter kind originated in central asia and pakistan/India)

#58 YoelYitzchak

YoelYitzchak

Gabbai

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:25 PM

True, whenever the pants are even a bit tight on the man, or if the man is a bit overweight and there is some pulling of the fabric, it's easy to see the outline of the man's crotch in pants.

Why do you look, then? :p

I think pants on men are much more immodest since you can check out a guy's crotch. With a woman's crotch, there's not much to see. They're all the same, and you know what's underneath there.

Ya, right. Ever hear of "camel toe"? It tends to occur when a woman's pants are too tight.

And I don't know about the crotch area specifically, but I can tell you that many men do find women wearing pants to be quite sexy, especially considering the current styles of pants that are in fashion.

Glad I'm not one of those "many men" you speak of. Is that just for Canada? I will say that some of my jeans are a bit...snug, but I always get the next size up for my work BDUs because there's nothing worse than having to do a use of force with pants that limit your movement or split on you! And if my dress pants are too snug, I wear a long shirt or sports jacket.

Regardless, I find dresses or skirts to be much more...inticing than a woman wearing low rider pants.

Maybe men should just be assured from wearing spandex.

When I was student teaching it was when wearing bike shorts (spandex) were getting popular. The school had to make a rule that the girls had to wear a skirt over them & boys weren't allowed to wear them at all. [Ever see a 6 y.o. in those? It shows everything!]

My bro does bike marathons so he has a legit reason for wearing them (he actually has a full "tunic") but he always wears baggy shorts over it.
As for me, well, I do own a "utilakilt" and have worn it (learned why women flatten the back of dresses when they sit, darn that was cold!), but only to events (non-religious) where it was OK - like when the Scots hold their competition :biggrin:

When I was young I met a boy who told me his pants were so tight you could see what religion he was.

I remember that saying being poopular in the 1970's.....sometimes I am just too :saruman:

Once, many moons ago when morals still existed.... - TDP

B'chol dor v'dor, omdim aleinu l'chaloseinu v'HKBH matzileinu miyadam

#59 Jewcepticon

Jewcepticon

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:59 PM

???

thats actually an interesting question, traditionally in the middle east Men have worn Long kaftans with loose short pants (their version of underwear) under them, this in hebrew was called Haloq & garbaya,so in the middle east it was the man that wore the "dress"

Posted Image the ancient jewish version of this had a wide sash as a belt, and a tallis over the head covering the back and sholders, and some of the halouqs where also tallises (like a large tallit qatan)
Posted Image

women on the other hand wore loose baggy pants which led for at least one ME posek (dont remember who) to label pants beged ISHA

it wasnt untill turkish rule that in the mideast Pants (the baggy Mc hammer pants of women) became acceptable for MEN to wear

#60 Guest_Shuli_*

Guest_Shuli_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:20 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users