• Guests

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:53 PM

#2 Yehudi

Yehudi

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:36 PM

The tzitzit are supposed to be the same color as the beged according to the Rambam. Is that a problem for people with those colored talliyot or is it that it just has to be the same color as that little square in the corner which is kept white?
Also, if a person holds by techeilet, and it's not really techeilet, is that a problem with respect to this halachah of the tzitzit being the same color of the beged [presumably the one exception would be for real techeilet]?

It is just the corner.

I don't think the halacha follows the Rambam...
One Nation - One Land - One Torah

#3 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:40 PM

I don't think the halacha follows the Rambam...

It doesn't, but I HAVE seen people with "colored" tzitzis to match the beged.......
[/flirting]

#4 Yosef ben moshe

Yosef ben moshe

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:33 PM

the rema hold the custom of the ashkenazim is to always where white strings on a beged. R. Yosef karo and the rambam on the other hand hold that the tzitzitot are to be the same color as the beged. tekhelet can be put on any colored beged but one must be very careful from who he buys it from because the gemara in bava metzia says "God said: I have distinguished in Egypt between the drop of [semen that was to become] a firstborn and that of a non-firstborn, I will exact retribution from he who attaches kela ilan to his cloth and claims it is tekhelet (Baba Metzia 61b)."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users