• Guests

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:40 AM

#2 doodlehead

doodlehead

cute little fluttery butterfly

• Members
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:21 AM

The Tur links RCh with Purim with regard to eating, and links both to simchat YT.
Does that mean that those who hold one needs bread and/or meat at the Purim se'udah hold the same way for the RCh meal?

What do you mean needs bread? How do you have a seuda without bread?

"Eat. Spit. Be Happy." -Davids
"Who is wise? he who can learn from every man. can be applied here, getting 'inspiration' from a one eyed whacko."
- soapmaker
" He who stands on toilet is high on pot" -Confucius
" When life gives you lemons make lemonade..... but if life gives you a handful of [email protected], dont try making anything out of it, trust me on that one. -Dahlai Lama
" I love Jews." -Somebody must have said it, somewhere
"A good friend will come and bail you out of jail................. but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "[email protected] that was fun".
Traveling the world in search of the truth.
Make aliyah, or aliyah will make you.
Author of the 1,234,567th post on Hashkafah.com!!

#3 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:17 AM

#4 Mimi

Mimi

Gabbai

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:10 AM

Does that mean that those who hold one needs bread and/or meat at the Purim se'udah hold the same way for the RCh meal?

I'm not sure about the interconnection, but I was always taught one has to have fleishige seudah (with bread) on Purim, and on Rosh Chodesh as well (+ fish).

#5 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:18 AM

#6 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:38 AM

#7 Mimi

Mimi

Gabbai

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:45 AM

And Mimi, did the religious instructors who told you there's an obligation to have a bread meal on Rosh Chodesh also tell you to repeat birkat hamazon if you forget ya'aleh ve-yavo? Because one follows from the others.

The point is, it's nice to promulgate these fluffy practices, but there are often halachic implications and confusing a feel good practice with a halachic obligation can lead to an issur d'orayta of a berachah le-vatalah if you actually believe those teachers.

I see your point, interesting (and actually no, I was taught not to repeat birkas hamazon...). But in the OP you said that there are "those who hold" that it is indeed an obligation...

#8 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:51 AM

#9 Mimi

Mimi

Gabbai

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:04 AM

Right, I think most will hold it's an obligation to eat bread on Purim. I think.
On Rosh Chodesh we don't repeat bentching because even though there's a halachic issur to fast, I don't think there's an actual halachic obligation to have a bread seudah.

But on Purim we also don't repeat Birkas Hamazon if we forget Al Hanissim, or am I mixing everything up?

#10 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:05 AM

#11 Yosef ben moshe

Yosef ben moshe

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:27 PM

The Tur links RCh with Purim with regard to eating, and links both to simchat YT.

I am only aware of eating a special treat or something that one would normally have on YT, or shbbbat on RH, but a big meal

#12 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:19 AM

Right - Maerbe b'seudah k'tzaaas.
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users