Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#3 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:36 AM

The Tur fails to mention that the atbash rule holds to the seventh day of pesach, that the seventh day of pesach [counting backwards from ta'v you arrive at ayi'n] is always the same day of the week as Yom Ha'atzma'ut of Medinat Yisrael Reishit Tzemichat Ge'ulateinu.

May we all see the complete redemption speedily in our days.

And with that, I'm done with this project. I don't plan on covering hilchot eiruvin and techumin because it's too hard for me. Unless I screwed up, we have covered every other siman in Orach Chaim, which makes 697 simanim, less 69 simanim in eiruvin and techumim, which makes 628 simanim since 19 Av 5766.
Thank you to everyone who supported and participated in and facilitated this project, including TRA who was the proximate cause and of course SilentJ who is the ba'al ha-bayit. May you all go from chayil to chayil.

Wasn't the Tur written before Israel became it's own state? (also when addressing an envelope to Israel, instead of writing Israel at the bottom do you right MYRTG?)

MAZEL TOV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why no hilchos eiruv/techumin? These are both very practical concepts.
Many people wish they could change their life, when all they really need to do is change their attitude towards life. - Sharon

#4 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:39 AM

Wasn't the Tur written before Israel became it's own state?

Whoosh......
[/flirting]

#5 Moshi

Moshi

Little Reb Sunshine

• Members
  • 21,046 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:58 AM

Wow shkoyach!

What's next? Here's hoping for another project.
The L-rd may not come when you call, but He's always on time. -Lemon Andersen

Kabel et ha-emet mi-mi she-omro.

"All is by the hand of Heaven, except colds and fevers" -Ketubot 30a.

~My Blog~

#6 Yehudi

Yehudi

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:24 PM

And with that, I'm done with this project. I don't plan on covering hilchot eiruvin and techumin because it's too hard for me. Unless I screwed up, we have covered every other siman in Orach Chaim, which makes 697 simanim, less 69 simanim in eiruvin and techumim, which makes 628 simanim since 19 Av 5766.
Thank you to everyone who supported and participated in and facilitated this project, including TRA who was the proximate cause and of course SilentJ who is the ba'al ha-bayit. May you all go from chayil to chayil.

:guitar: Mazal Tov! Mazal tov! may this be just the beginning of many more endeavors like it.

The merit of all those who added even just a bit of learning because of these threads are upon you.

...Now that we got out the preliminaries out of the way......when and where is the party?
One Nation - One Land - One Torah

#7 existwhere?

existwhere?

חסד ואמת

• Members
  • 11,354 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:46 PM

The Tur fails to mention that the atbash rule holds to the seventh day of pesach, that the seventh day of pesach [counting backwards from ta'v you arrive at ayi'n] is always the same day of the week as Yom Ha'atzma'ut of Medinat Yisrael Reishit Tzemichat Ge'ulateinu.

Amen v'chein la-mar!

Thank you so much! I've learned so much from this project.

May you continue being, and strengthen as, a conduit of Torah to the world.
"If they would allow one dead soul to visit an assembly of philosophers, that would be the end of all their teachings." -R' Nachman

This Is All You're Missing!!! (4,17)
5 Kislev , 5770

#8 doodlehead

doodlehead

cute little fluttery butterfly

• Members
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:55 PM

Where oh where is melech? :bigcry:

"Eat. Spit. Be Happy." -Davids
"Who is wise? he who can learn from every man. can be applied here, getting 'inspiration' from a one eyed whacko."
- soapmaker
" He who stands on toilet is high on pot" -Confucius
" When life gives you lemons make lemonade..... but if life gives you a handful of cr@p, dont try making anything out of it, trust me on that one. -Dahlai Lama
" I love Jews." -Somebody must have said it, somewhere
"A good friend will come and bail you out of jail................. but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "d@mn that was fun".
Traveling the world in search of the truth.
Make aliyah, or aliyah will make you.
Author of the 1,234,567th post on Hashkafah.com!!

#9 existwhere?

existwhere?

חסד ואמת

• Members
  • 11,354 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:37 AM

"If they would allow one dead soul to visit an assembly of philosophers, that would be the end of all their teachings." -R' Nachman

This Is All You're Missing!!! (4,17)
5 Kislev , 5770

#10 doodlehead

doodlehead

cute little fluttery butterfly

• Members
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:55 AM

Yes?

"Eat. Spit. Be Happy." -Davids
"Who is wise? he who can learn from every man. can be applied here, getting 'inspiration' from a one eyed whacko."
- soapmaker
" He who stands on toilet is high on pot" -Confucius
" When life gives you lemons make lemonade..... but if life gives you a handful of cr@p, dont try making anything out of it, trust me on that one. -Dahlai Lama
" I love Jews." -Somebody must have said it, somewhere
"A good friend will come and bail you out of jail................. but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "d@mn that was fun".
Traveling the world in search of the truth.
Make aliyah, or aliyah will make you.
Author of the 1,234,567th post on Hashkafah.com!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users