• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 accolade

accolade

probably doesn't care

• Members
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:46 AM

So request that such posts count towards total posts to allow such posters a chance to stay here and be a member

Hence my original question to admin.
דעלך סני לחברך לא תעביד

#22 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:48 AM

i think if ppl log in and want to lurk, that's their own business. if they never log in, that's something else.
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#23 accolade

accolade

probably doesn't care

• Members
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:50 AM

i think if ppl log in and want to lurk, that's their own business. if they never log in, that's something else.

That's fair. I think it would have been fairer to delete the members who have not logged in in the past [time period] AND have never posted in any forum.
דעלך סני לחברך לא תעביד

#24 palindrome

palindrome

Gabbai

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:18 AM

That's fair. I think it would have been fairer to delete the members who have not logged in in the past [time period] AND have never posted in any forum.

Agree.
דעו מאביכם כי לא בוש אבוש שוב אשוב אליכם כי בא מועד

#25 Red Hare

Red Hare

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:27 AM

when we have our own board..... :)
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

#26 existwhere?

existwhere?

חסד ואמת

• Members
  • 11,354 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:33 AM

What's done is done, you can't undelete members.
"If they would allow one dead soul to visit an assembly of philosophers, that would be the end of all their teachings." -R' Nachman

This Is All You're Missing!!! (4,17)
5 Kislev , 5770

#27 palindrome

palindrome

Gabbai

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:44 AM

Ah alas.... :bigcry:

#28 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:43 PM

Clickable Ninja has unlimited power.....

Ah alas.... :bigcry:

Why, what was YOUR old SN???? :rolleyes:
[/flirting]

#29 palindrome

palindrome

Gabbai

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:50 PM

Why, what was YOUR old SN???? :rolleyes:

You seem determined to convince me that I'm not a new member.... :unsure:

#30 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:50 PM

The fact is there are tons of backups and they could always restore the members from those. It's not like clickable ninja even needs to use his superpowers.

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#31 Red Hare

Red Hare

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:18 PM

IF these people complain. IF is a big word in this case. If it were me, i'd just reregister i guess.

#32 Elana

Elana

Godol Hador

• Banned
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:59 PM

i think if ppl log in and want to lurk, that's their own business.

i don't like this. they want to lurk? let them, as guests. they want the benefits of seeing the member's corner without posting? not fair.

what accolade said about some post not showing has its merit. the admin can probably see if the members posted
anywhere besides the countable subforums.

(hi, cholentpot :) )

#33 mendelbaum666

mendelbaum666

Culinary Director of the Madhouse

• Members
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:36 PM

WB Cholent!!

good thing I logged in today , first time in months, this site has its ebbs and flows and can get boring and repeticious some times, no wonder there were so many users who dropped off
"all that hates gonna burn you up inside, boy it keeps me warm at night " ~Full Metal Jacket
"these are Hanes 32, mine are boxer shorts."
Malcolm Crowe: How do you draw now?
Cole Sear: Draw... people smiling, dogs running, rainbows. They don't have meetings about rainbows.

#34 Savannah

Savannah

~*~ pixie smile ~*~

• Members
  • 20,505 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:46 PM

good thing I logged in today , first time in months, this site has its ebbs and flows and can get boring and repeticious some times, no wonder there were so many users who dropped off

As if the rest of us are here to entertain you? If you're finding threads uninteresting, instead of dropping out, why not start some interesting ones of your own?

#35 mendelbaum666

mendelbaum666

Culinary Director of the Madhouse

• Members
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:01 PM

As if the rest of us are here to entertain you? If you're threads uninteresting, instead of dropping out, why not start some interesting ones of your own?

Yes that is exactly how I see this site and the rest of the world come to think of it, a souurce of entertainment for me as I laugh at the world just waiting for it to finially come to an end, which according to Al Gore is just about any day now.
all the really interesting topics have already been hashed out, so as the the good book says nothin' new under the sun
"all that hates gonna burn you up inside, boy it keeps me warm at night " ~Full Metal Jacket
"these are Hanes 32, mine are boxer shorts."
Malcolm Crowe: How do you draw now?
Cole Sear: Draw... people smiling, dogs running, rainbows. They don't have meetings about rainbows.

#36 justbatya

justbatya

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:12 PM

all the really interesting topics have already been hashed out, so as the the good book says nothin' new under the sun

I don't think that's correct.

My poor SO still thinks that a Batya is a what, and not a who.

Soda-Club Home Soda Makers
Blog-o-rama

#37 Red Hare

Red Hare

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:32 AM

Oh, I see what you mean Elana. Are there sections that are available to logged in members only? Aren't member sections only if you hve a certain post count ?

#38 Elana

Elana

Godol Hador

• Banned
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:34 AM

Oh, I see what you mean Elana. Are there sections that are available to logged in members only? Aren't member sections only if you hve a certain post count ?

afaik, once you are a registered member, even with 0 posts, you can see the "member's corner" or whatever it's called.

#39 Red Hare

Red Hare

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:21 AM

Ah, I see - and the Member's section is a good section .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users