Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:11 PM
1. AT&T Full Time Retail Sales Consultant, NYC, NY, World Financial Ctr - Kiosk Requisition Number:158918 Functional Area:Sales - Retail Location: NY0294 New York 250 Vesey St. For sales positions the actual employment location may vary based on market/location needs. Position Description: AT&T is at the center of the communication revolution. We are the number one wireless company in America and the largest telecommunications and entertainment company in the universe! You're part geek, part social butterfly. You are made for AT&T. You're outgoing. You have amazing energy. You love to talk about cool technology. Well, we have customers waiting to speak with you. As a Retail Sales Consultant you'll get to know our communication and entertainment technology inside and out. And you'll be the one everyone else looks to when it comes to what's next in wireless and wired technology solutions. It's good to be the guru. We offer: Exciting career paths that lead to new opportunities and financial rewards Competitive pay (bonus plus commission) hourly base pay Excellent benefits (401k, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, medical/dental.And of course free phone service.) Top-notch on-going training on the latest technology A fun, fast paced work environment Position Qualifications: If you enjoy Using your competitive spirit to achieving sales goals Staying up-to-date on the latest data/entertainment technology and devices, such as Wi-Fi, data devices, TV entertainment tools Understanding customers' data/entertainment and communication needs and helping them discover how our products meet those needs Multi-tasking in a fast paced team environment Working a variety of hours including weekends, evenings and holidays Educating and engaging customers through product demonstrations Interacting with customers and providing prompt and courteous customer service to all customers Then this may be the job for you. Apply today at: www.att.com/careers
2. Senior Business Analyst requirement!!! Must have 8+ yrs of exp with ATLEAT 3-5 YEARS OF AUTO FINANCE EXPERIENCE. Please contact Tim [email protected]: "tmalik@eteaminc. com" (DONOT SEND RESUME'S WITHOUT AUTO INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE EG FORD, GM, BMW) Req. ID: Req-9513 - Senior Business Analyst Description: A Senior Business Analyst / Domain expert with 8-10 Years of Industry experience . Minimum 3-5 years experience working in Automotive Captive finance domain and Industry best practices . Deep Exposure to various Auto Finance functional areas such as: o loan and lease servicing processes (Customer Service, Collections, Re-Marketing) o lending and leasing domain o General financial services as relevant to Auto-Finance o Wholesale finance / dealer relationship management . Significant prior consulting/professi onal services and business analysis experience . Excellent verbal/written communication and organization skills with ability to facilitate requirement workshops, gather/document requirements . CRM Implementation experience for any Auto/captive Finance will be a big-plus Rate: Open, Job Type: Contract, Start Date: asap, Duration: 6 Months, Number Of Openings: 1, Location: Los Angeles Please respond with Resume, Rate and Phone numbers of the Consultant. Make sure the Consultant's skills match the requirement. I will contact you, if I need more information. Regards, Tim Malik eTeam, Inc. 1001 Durham Avenue, Suite 201 South Plainfield, NJ 07080 P: 732-248-1900 x207 F: 908-757-0800 mailto:[email protected] www.eteaminc.com
3. Computer Programming /Office Applications Instructor Bramson ORT College, a Brooklyn campus, is seeking a results-oriented person for the following: Bramson ORT College - Brooklyn, NY Responsibilities: Bramson ORT College, Brooklyn campus seeks candidates for part-time faculty positions in Computer Programming /Office Applications courses. Qualified candidates should have the terminal degree or its equivalent, in Computer Science, as well as college-level teaching experience. The college seeks educators who will encourage innovation and process development while teaching practical concepts of the computer/software development as a constant element. Candidates should be flexible computer applications/software development educators who are able to teach a variety of subjects and levels. Foundations courses include Introduction to Computer Programming, Introduction to Data Processing, Data Base Design, Object oriented programming, Software Application Training Courses. Candidates should be specialists who are able to teach undergraduate and graduate levels of computer applications and software development courses on a Windows/Linux platform using MS Office, MS- SQL, Oracle, Java/J-Builder, Visual Studio.NET, C/C++. Requirements: · At Least a Bachelor of Science Degree, MS preferable · A minimum 2 years experience teaching computer applications/software development · Ability to apply diverse teaching methods to students of various ages and learning styles · Excellent customer service, organizational and motivational skills · Strong team orientation Contact: [email protected]
4. UBS Title Product Controller - Jr. Job Reference # 44905BR Location United States - New York City New York (Home Office) Function Category Financial Controlling & Accounting Business Group Investment Bank Job Type Full Time About UBS UBS is a leading global financial services firm. Our Investment Bank is one of the world's top global investment banking and securities firms, providing a full spectrum of products to institutional and corporate clients, intermediaries, government and hedge funds worldwide. By combining your talent and our strengths, we can achieve great results. Description UBS Investment Bank is seeking a product controller to work as part of the Investment Banking Division Business Unit Control Team. The role requires a detail-oriented individual with a solid accounting background and strong communications skills. This role is part of a team responsible for: Verifying, analyzing and reporting daily P&L for the Investment Banking division Regular interaction with Investment Banking Senior Management and Investment Bankers on ad hoc requests relating to revenue inquiries, reporting and forecasting Preparing conflict clearance and NASD revenues reports Daily M&A and Other Advisory revenue invoice coordination with bankers Coordinating with bankers, and other business areas regarding revenue booking and reporting Work with IBD Management in preparing monthly and weekly forecasts Recording of M&A or Other Advisory revenues to the general ledger, daily report and management reporting system Interacting with London counterparts regarding revenue reporting and weekly revenue summary Monthly revenue reconciliation of financial accounting and management reporting systems Global daily revenue reporting Support to Investment Banking Department in summarizing and communicating credit decisions and costs from Business Review Group meetings Accounts receivable monitoring, aging and reporting Hard revenue transfer review for tax purposes The environment for the position is fast-paced and requires a hard working individual who is self-motivated and able to work independently. Requirements Four year bachelors degree or international equivalent Two years of work experience Preferred Qualifications Undergraduate degree in Accounting with a strong GPA 2 years of work experience in in public accounting CPA Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access) Knowledge of SAP General Ledger, Business Objects a plus Strong oral and written communication skills Strong attention to details and ability to multi-task apply at UBS.com
5. seeking youth director Active Zionist Orthodox congregation seeks same dynamic individual or couple for part time youth director position. Must be college graduate with previous youth experience. Supervisory position requires strong organizational skills; Shabbat and holiday attendance in Highland Park. Competitive salary. Fax resume to (732)-247-6739 or email imalevenst@verizon. net attention Debra L.
6. From: [email protected] I am looking to hire a full time person for the next several weeks to work with me and do carpet cleaning in a local nearby hotel. Person MUST be physically fit, clean cut and eager to work. MUST BE RELIABLE, Will also consider Part Time (4-6 hrs a day). I have two shifts, either day or you can start at 4:00PM-9:00PM Please contact me immediately for consideration. 732-777-6857
7. Human Resources Manager Chubb is seeking a Human Resources Manager for our NYC HR team. The HR Manager will be responsible for the HR functions for multiple business units in both NYC and New Jersey, including our NJ Branch office. As a Human Resources Manager, you will focus your time on supporting the leadership teams and the employee populations in achieving key business plans and objectives. You will be accountable for: Demonstrating leadership skills including collaboration, influence, strategic focus, communication and accountability Demonstrating ability to create and execute impactful business plans both strategic and tactical Provide coaching to managers on effective leadership, talent management, retention, and engagement strategies Providing non-routine HR services and consulting to approximately 125 managers and employees. Leveraging your HR expertise and experience to provide value added consulting services to the business Facilitating the development, communication and implementation of change initiatives Facilitating conflict resolution as necessary Translating knowledge of Chubbs business issues into appropriate HR strategy, products and services; developing and executing effective short and long-term branch HR strategies in the following areas: -strategic staffing -workforce planning -employee retention and engagement -employee relations -performance management -diversity and culture of inclusion -compensation and total rewards -talent and succession management -learning and development Ensuring that all employees are treated with fairness and integrity through sound employment practices, consistent policy administration, and compliance with regulatory authorities. Managing sensitive employee relations issues and anticipating potential areas of employee dissatisfaction Executing corporate HR strategy and deliverables Collaborating with HR colleagues across Chubb, including active participation on project teams Managing controllable expenses and budgeting for your assigned business units Knowledge, skills and abilities required: Advanced influence and collaboration skills Strong proficiency in all functional areas of Human Resources In depth knowledge of Federal, state and local employment laws Ability to function independently within delegated authority Ability to balance multiple priorities and perspectives Highly developed internal consulting skills with the ability to proactively analyze, diagnose and propose effective and creative solutions to support business initiatives Proven leadership, conflict management, change management and communication skills Drive for quality and timely results while operating in a team environment Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external contacts Working knowledge of HR metrics Education and Experience required: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience Minimum five to ten years of human resources experience, preferably in a generalist capacity Supervisory and/or leadership experience preferred Rewards: Chubb's compensation and benefit plans work together to create a Total Rewards Program for our employees that is among the best in our industry. As a global organization, we work hard to achieve our goal of providing flexible and competitive compensation and benefits packages in each local market in which we operate. Our goal is to exceed average market practices for our performers. For more information about Chubb and our benefits, visit our website at www.chubb.com.
8. QVC - On Air Host and Sales QVC Job Duration Full Time Job Location West Chester, PA USA Job Requirements QVC, Americas' top electronic retailer is currently searching for new and exciting hosts to add to its already existing on-air team. We are in search of men and women with a background in hosting television, internet broadcasts, radio or live events. Candidates must be energetic, upbeat, intelligent and enthusiastic with a natural curiosity. You must have a passion and drive for sales as well as be a quick thinker and good listener. Hosts should be friendly, credible, entertaining sincere and sophisticated with a sense of style and fashion This position is full time with variable hours, so all potential candidates must be willing to relocate to our Suburban Philadelphia headquarters. If you are interested please email Sean De Simone at [email protected] Please include a recent headshot or photo no older then 6 months along with links to reels as well as a brief note telling us why you would make a great QVC host. A background in sales is a major plus. Electronic reels preferred, but all hard copy materials can be mailed to Sean De Simone Casting P.O Box 20347 New York, NY 10009 Please note you can not send Fed Ex, UPS or DHL to a PO Box. This position is open to candidates in all states, but you must be willing to relocate to suburban Philadelphia. Contact Person: Mr. Sean De Simone Employer Contact Information Address: Sean De Simone Casting PO Box 20347 New York, New York USA 10009
9. Human Resources Manager Playboy Enterprises, Inc. Industry Human Resources Salary Competitive Benefits 401K/403B, Dental, Health Job Duration Full Time Job Location New York, NY USA Apply directly at company's website Job Requirements Under the direction of the Senior Vice President, Human Resources, this position is accountable for implementing and administering company personnel policies, plans and programs for Playboy's New York office. This position is also responsible for coordinating with and receiving appropriate direction and/or assistance from Corporate Human Resources on all personnel matters. This position interacts with all employees in New York and with corporate staff departments internally and with candidates, consultants and suppliers externally. RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Administer and interpret company personnel policies, procedures and practices within the New York office. 2. Recruit and hire personnel for New York-based positions in compliance with corporate objectives and budget guidelines and with the goal of hiring optimal talent. 3. Assist in the administration of compensation and benefit programs. Inform and instruct supervisors in corporate and divisional policies and procedures and advise on dissemination of this information to their employees in compliance with corporate policies and procedures. 4. Conduct new employee orientation for all newly hired New York employees. 5. Provide appropriate employee counseling, acting as a communication channel for employees and a confidential and objective resource for personnel-related issues. 6. Assist the SVP, HR in providing counsel/advice to management in New York regarding organizational or employee-related matters. Evaluate and respond to requests for unusual transactions or exceptions to standard policies. 7. Ensure all personnel records and reports are established, maintained and transmitted in accordance with sound personnel practices and procedures, including the ongoing maintenance and updating of New York job descriptions and organization charts.8. Provide accurate and timely payroll data to the Corporate Payroll Department, ensuring that appropriate records and reports are maintained. 9.Ensure maintenance and adequate internal controls of administrative systems function (HRIS) as required by corporate policies and procedures. 10.Prepare and monitor budgets in order to ensure adherence to forecasts and efficient use of resources. 11. Along with the Senior Vice President, Human Resources, plan and implement internal company training programs for the New York office to respond to perceived training needs. 12. Plan/implement effective employee relations activities and programs such as the annual holiday party, summer event and other special events. QUALIFICATIONS: . College degree, with 3 - 5 years human resource generalist experience; employee relations, staffing, and compensation. . Industry experience in publishing, entertainment or licensing industries, preferred. . High level proficiency with Microsoft Office, Internet, HRIS applications, required . Ability to handle highly confidential matters. .Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all levels of the organization. About Our Company Playboy Enterprises, Inc. is a brand-driven, international multimedia entertainment company that publishes editions of Playboy magazine around the world; operates television networks and distributes programming globally; owns Playboy.com, a leading men's lifestyle and entertainment web site; and licenses the Playboy trademark internationally for a range of consumer products and services. The Company's three business groups are Publishing, Entertainment and Licensing.
10. Marketing Director Publication or Company Teach For America Apply at company's website Benefits 401K/403B, Dental, Flexible Hours, Health, telecommute policy Job Duration Full Time Job Location New York, NY USA Job Requirements Position Summary The marketing director is responsible for driving the development of and execution of a multi-media marketing strategy designed to support the ambitious growth goals of the organization, with a focus on recruiting college seniors to the Teach For America corps. The position provides a unique opportunity for individuals with strong marketing, management and organizational skills, as well as excellent writing and communication skills, to make a significant impact and grow professionally within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. The Marketing team fuels the success of Teach For America by building a strong brand, providing insights-based marketing strategies and materials, and leveraging Teach For America's digital assets. The team supports national and regional teams to develop and execute marketing strategies and creates and manages Teach For America's brand identity and positioning within and outside of the organization. The marketing director works closely with key staff members on the recruitment team to identify a full range of marketing needs, and collaborates with the marketing team's creative team and digital media teams to ensure those needs are met. The director will report to the managing director of marketing, and will manage a marketing associate. Responsibilities * Managing the development cycle for a marketing campaign targeting prospective applicants. Cycle includes generating insights-based copy, briefing creative, managing feedback loops, overseeing design, proofreading, trafficking and seeing projects through to production and completion. Media elements include print, digital and video. * Managing the strategic positioning and copy development for areas of the Teach For America website that target prospective applicants. * Managing discrete writing projects such as career specific one-pagers, e-mail newsletters, and other recruitment-related marketing materials. * Assessing and building on current training tools and operational processes to ensure that the recruitment team effectively executes all campus-based marketing campaigns, and has access to customized resources to help them reach their goals. * Building metrics of success for all marketing campaigns and designing tools and strategies that help effectively measure the performance along multiple dimensions. * Serving as the primary point of contact for the recruitment team leadership, as well as other key members of the marketing, digital and creative teams. Candidate Profile and Experience Prerequisites Skills * Bachelor's degree required * Three to five years of professional work experience required * Previous related marketing experience preferred * Management experience ideal * Excellent project planning/management and organization skills * Ability to manage large portfolio of projects in parallel while hitting deadlines without fail * Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills * Excellent written communications skills Approach to Work * Ability to create and maintain systems; strong attention to detail Technical Skills * High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point; working knowledge of InDesign a plus; comfort learning new technology Benefits and Salary Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. About Our Company Teach For America is the national corps of outstanding recent college graduates of all academic majors who commit two years to teach in urban and rural public schools and become lifelong leaders in the effort to expand educational opportunity. Our mission is to build the movement to eliminate educational inequity that exists along socioeconomic lines. Since our founding, we have become the nation's largest provider of teachers for low-income communities, and have been recognized for building a pipeline of leaders committed to educational equity and excellence. This year, approximately 5,000 corps members are teaching in 26 urban and rural areas across the country, collectively reaching approximately 440,000 students. More than 12,000 alumni are working within education and from every field to effect fundamental change. We are a high-growth, performance-driven organization, with over a $100+ million budget and 800+ staff. We operate in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced work environment, maintain focus on quantitative measures, and are committed to continuous improvement. While approximately 55 percent of our staff members are alumni of our program, fully half bring a range of outside experience and perspectives to the organization. Our staff is diverse in every respect, and we are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our effort and ensure our access to and participation in the circles of influence in our diverse society. Fueled by a sense of urgency to do more, we have launched an ambitious plan to grow in scale while at the same time increasing our corps members' short-term and long-term impact. By 2010, we aim to have some 7,500 corps members teaching in 33 regions and to foster the continued leadership of some 23,000 alumni. To support these goals we are working to grow our operating budget to over $150 million and the size of our staff to over 1,000.
11. Administrative Assistant/Office Manager North American Conference on Ethiopian Jewry Hours: 9am-5pm Monday through Thursday and early closings on Fridays. Duration: full-time Salary Range: Not Posted Benefits: paid vacation, medical, dental, leave early on Shabbat Other Benefits: Closed on Jewish holidays Preferred Experience: Unspecified Preferred Degree: N/A Job Location: North American Conference on Ethiopian Jewry NY, NY Application Instructions: Please send résumés and salary requirements via email to Lauren Yokèd at [email protected] with subject line "Office Manager /Administrative Assistant." Description: The North American Conference on Ethiopian Jewry (NACOEJ) is the only major American organization exclusively committed to the welfare of Ethiopian Jews, both in Ethiopia and in Israel. The main NACOEJ office is located in lower Manhattan, and seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant/Office Manager. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to provide a wide range of office support. This individual should possess excellent customer service skills, be able to learn and work with a donor database, fulfill donor requests and fill orders, and pay close attention to detail. The ability to multi-task is a must. The candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills, a strong work ethic, and a high level of professionalism. Knowledge of Hebrew and the Jewish community is a plus. Reports to Coordinator of Donor and Foundation Relations Required Experience/Skills: * Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook * Proven administrative experience * Must work well under the pressure of deadlines * Must have excellent phone manner * Experience working with a donor database preferred * The ability to type at least 30-40 wpm * Careful attention to detail * Good oral and written communication skills * Must be able to learn new computer programs quickly Duties Include: § Day-to-day maintenance of donor database, which includes, but is not limited to recording/processing all incoming donations including pledges and internet gifts. § Produce donor list requests, exports, and management reports § Handle all correspondence with donors including responding promptly to their questions and concerns § Create and send donor acknowledgement letters via mail merges § Serve as the first line of inquiry, answering all email and phone requests § Provide backup data entry support to management staff § Work with IT and/or direct mail vendor to troubleshoot and solve problems with the data and/or the database product. § Manage incoming and outgoing mail and packages and produce reports from postage machin § Manage/order office supplies, equipment and services (printers, fax, postal machine) § Manage inventory room § Prepare, fill & send all direct mail special orders § Work with and direct volunteers as needed § Assist with special projects and various staff members as needed
12. Manager Photo Services Company Madison Square Garden Job Duration Full Time Job Location New York, NY USA Apply for position at company website (www.cablevision.com) Description: The Manager Photo Services helps manage all aspects of the photo services department, including archiving photos, processing of photo requests, development and implementation of image database, scanning of photos, use of freelance photographers and equipment. Develops guidelines for image captioning and edits images for specific projects & image database making selections from both current events and existing archive. Provides high-end retouching skills on images providing significant cost savings to company. Partners with VPs of public relations and marketing to identify and ensure publication needs throughout the season are met. Collaborates with creative teams throughout company to ensure photographic needs are being met. Provides first-class, professional service to all key clients that are both internal and external. Photographs events, games and studio set-ups, including head shots and still lifes as required throughout the year. Maintains records of department activity, including shoots, requests, scans and printing and manages photo services intern. Participates in special projects as assigned. Requirements: The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree with five to seven years in photography and in digital imaging technology. Will have at least five years experience in management of photographers and proficiency in all technical aspects of photography including digitization, digital asset management and image retouching. Must be creative and detail-oriented possessing excellent organizational skills and a high level of energy and commitment. Will be a team player with the ability to multi-task in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment. Will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to develop good working relationships internally and externally. Must be computer proficient with extensive working knowledge of PhotoShop, MS Office Suite and image management programs. Must be flexible to work evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary. About Our Company Cablevision's signature New York assets include some of the nation's most popular entertainment and sports properties. Chief among these is Madison Square Garden, "The World's Most Famous Arena" and the backdrop for the biggest names in music. The Garden is also home to three professional sports teams, the New York Knicks, Rangers and Liberty. Cablevision's other celebrated showplaces include both Radio City Music Hall, which features stage productions, concerts and the renowned Radio City Rockettes; and the legendary Beacon Theatre, which provides an intimate setting for musical artists and comedians. MSG Entertainment, another arm of the Garden, produces live exhibitions and events nationwide. In addition, MSG oversees two award-winning regional sports and entertainment television networks, as well as fuse, a national music network.
13. Marketing Manager Grandparents.com Industry Internet/Online/New Media Salary Benefits 401K/403B, Dental, Health Job Duration Full Time Job Location New York, NY USA Job Requirements We have an exciting opportunity for an email marketing pro to join our team. The ideal candidate will possess the experience and skills necessary to strategically apply email marketing best practices to capture our targeted audience. This position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer. Responsibilities: * Lead e-mail marketing efforts for Grandparents.com, including multiple newsletters as well as subscriber/registered user communications * Serve as email marketing expert and go-to person for all email marketing-related questions * Responsible for campaign planning and management, driving email strategy, sharing results, vendor management, forecasting and tracking * Benchmark competitors and best of breed email marketers * Act as liaison between editorial and marketing to create and plan weekly newsletters and ensure that business needs are being met Qualifications: * Hands on experience managing e-mail campaigns and delivery through major e-mail service providers. Knowledge of SilverPop is a huge plus * Ability to articulate and champion email marketing best practices and standards * Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail * Passion for data and metrics * General understanding of enterprise level reporting tools and basic knowledge of HTML * Strong understanding of direct-to-consumer business, competitive/business environment and consumer behavior * Strong verbal and written communications skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations * Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group Salary is commensurate with experience and will be competitive. Grandparents.com provides Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, 401(k) and generous vacation time. This is a full-time position at our New York City office, located in Union Square. About Our Company Grandparents.com is the place for today's generation of active, involved grandparents to find everything they need to get more smiles, have more fun, and create more memories out of the time they spend with their grandchildren. We offer content tailored exclusively for grandparents, including kid/grandparent-friendly activities, family travel ideas, lifestyle features, expert advice, product reviews, gift ideas and much more. For immediate consideration please send your resume, salary requirements, and a brief cover letter to [email protected]
14. Advertising Sales Executive Grandparents.com Industry Internet/Online/New Media Salary Benefits 401K/403B, Dental, Health Job Duration Full Time Job Location New York, NY USA Job Requirements We have an exciting opportunity for Advertising Sales Executives to join our team. Each Sales Executive will be responsible for selling new business in key verticals, such as automotive, financial services, technology, etc. The ideal candidate has experience in the interactive space and a profound knowledge and rolodex in a specific key vertical. Responsibilities: * Sell new business in specific categories with an individual yearly revenue goal * Create a business plan with specific actions to penetrate potential clients and search for revenue opportunities * Prospect, qualify, and close key accounts * Consistently meet or exceed sales goals * Develop an understanding of Grandparents.com's products and business model and how to help clients and prospects achieve their business goals * Explain to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible * Maintain prospect, client, and opportunity information using Salesforce.com * Compile knowledge and expertise in online advertising and industry verticals * Work with account management to enhance client satisfaction and resolve issues * Work with advertising operations to forecast and manage inventory, respond to RFP's, and process insertion orders and invoices * Work with account management and marketing department to create and sell marketing programs, promotions, and products * Maintain high level relationships with clients and learn their business goals to search for additional revenue opportunities * Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing customers to sell new advertising programs and to protect and increase existing advertising Qualifications: * Minimum 2 years of sales experience * Experience working in an Internet environment required; deep knowledge of a specific key vertical a plus * Strong ability to network and meet relevant contacts * Outstanding verbal communication and presentation skills * Ability to work independently and proactively * Keen listening and analytical skills; ability to analyze client ROI * Engaging and personable * Proficient in MS Office and CRM tool experience Salary is commensurate with experience and will be competitive. Compensation includes a bonus based on meeting sales targets. Grandparents.com provides Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, 401(k) and generous vacation time. This is a full-time position at our New York City office, located in Union Square. For immediate consideration please send your resume, salary requirements, and a brief cover letter to [email protected] About Our Company Grandparents.com is the place for today's generation of active, involved grandparents to find everything they need to get more smiles, have more fun, and create more memories out of the time they spend with their grandchildren. We offer content tailored exclusively for grandparents, including kid/grandparent-friendly activities, family travel ideas, lifestyle features, expert advice, product reviews, gift ideas and much more.
15. Director, Membership Resources Publication or Company Girl Scouts of the USA Industry Marketing, Non-profit, Very strong writing skills Salary Very Competitive Benefits 401K/403B, Dental, Flexible Hours, Health Job Duration Full Time Job Location New York, NY USA Job Requirements DIRECTOR, MEMBERSHIP RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT The Director - Membership Resources supports achievement of GSUSA's membership growth and retention strategy through the design and delivery of policies, tools, training and resources that measurably impact membership recruitment and retention including high performing volunteers, with emphasis on measurable and sustainable growth and retention among multicultural/multi ethnic girl and adult populations. The Director works through local chapters, our Mission to Market (M2M) department and with key GSUSA units to create high impact content, format and preferred information delivery channels. S/he assesses needs and develops the plan for a portfolio of chapter's membership and volunteer resources. The individual directs and oversees the process to ensure that information is up-to-date, well maintained and accessible to chapter staff and volunteers. Working with Marketing and Communications, the Center for Leadership & Organizational Excellence (CLOE) and/or Program Development, s/he ensures the design, production and delivery of high quality, customer-centered products and other support materials for GSUSA and local chapter use. The Director works across GSUSA, particularly with Finance and Risk Management, and with council advisory teams to ensure that volunteer materials reflect GSUSA policies and standards as well as "industry" best practices. Qualifications: § 8 to 10 years experience in a volunteer-based organization strongly preferred, with emphasis on volunteer recruitment, development and administration supporting a highly diverse volunteer workforce and serving a highly diverse membership. § Minimum 5 years in a management supervisory role with budgeting experience in a complex, affiliate-based organization strongly preferred. Proven ability to lead and coach direct reports to consistently achieve performance goals. § Proven expertise in product creation for recruitment and retention of membership using best practices, research, tools and technology. § Experience in design and implementation of member recruitment and retention strategies in a non-profit HQ-affiliated structure strongly preferred. § Strong analytical thinker with experience synthesizing complex information into structured outcomes that incorporates multiple perspectives. § Demonstrated experience in designing effective document distribution and maintenance systems, utilizing technology to create solutions that will promote dialogue among GSUSA, council staff and volunteers § Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite with high level of proficiency in Excel, Access and other software with demonstrated expertise in technology integration. § Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presenting complex information with clarity to diverse internal/external audiences, especially presentations to key Girl Scout audiences. § Demonstrated experience working in a highly collaborative environment. § Proven experience participating in cross-functional work teams as a either a Project Leader or project team member. § Travel up to 10% of the time, involving day trips, overnight travel or weekends when required. § Valid driver's license to drive to various geographic locations. § Bachelor's degree business administration, public administration or equivalent relevant experience. EOE Committed to Diversity About Our Company Girl Scouts of the USA is the premier public benefit organization creating personal leadership and life-long achievement in girls. Headquartered on Fifth Avenue in New York City with regional offices nationwide, Girl Scouts of the USA offers diverse career paths in many fields, including merchandising, marketing, finance and technology. Envision yourself engaged in meaningful work in a collaborative environment with open communication and mutual respect, where your ideas are valued and appreciated. Imagine yourself working to your full potential, making a positive contribution to a girl's life. At Girl Scouts that is precisely what we offer our employees. Girl Scouts is committed to building a better future by facing the opportunities and challenges of today with innovation and determination. We take responsibility for our employees and their work environment. Apply here - http://www.girlscout...we_are/careers/
16. Editor of Science World Scholastic Salary Competitive Job Duration Full Time Job Location New York - SoHo, NY USA Job Requirements Responsibilities: Editor, Scholastic Science World Magazine (New York, NY) Responsibilities: Candidates must have an interest in creating an engaging teaching tool that delivers late-breaking science news to teens, describes complex concepts in simple terms, and excites students about science. Responsible for 14 issues per year of Scholastic Science World, a classroom science magazine for students in grades 6 to 10. Issues range from 16 to 24 pages in length. Responsible for an 8-page teacher's edition that accompanies each issue. The teacher's edition includes brief lesson plans and skills sheets. Develop and maintain relationship with teachers through classroom visits, attendance at the annual National Science Teachers Association convention, and surveys. Using teacher/subscriber feedback, develop a yearlong editorial calendar that meets the needs of science teachers and is appealing to teens. Responsible for assigning articles to editorial staff and freelancers, and editing all copy for the magazine. Responsible for working with the art director to create accurate diagrams that break down tough science concepts into digestible nuggets of information. Manage an editorial staff of two. Must meet all internal deadlines. Must stay within allotted budget. Design and analyze two subscriber surveys per year and adjust magazine content to meet subscriber needs. Attend annual National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) meetings. Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in science Five or more years of editorial experience, preferably in children's writing. Must have a love of science. Middle school/high school science teaching experience a plus. Must be able to multitask and meet overlapping magazine deadlines. Knowledge of national science education standards. Must be a team player that can work closely with art director, photo editor, editorial staff, freelance writers, and marketing manager. Proficiency in Word; In Design helpful. Note: Please include salary requirements in your cover letter. Apply here - http://www.scholasti.../...4308&sid=26
17. Campaign Manager The Nielsen Company Campaign Manager-0800216 http://www.nielsen.c...eers/index.html Description The Nielsen Company is a global information and media company with leading market positions and recognized brands in marketing information (ACNielsen), media information (Nielsen Media Research), trade shows and business publications (Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, Adweek). The privately held company is active in more than 100 countries, with headquarters in Haarlem, the Netherlands, and New York, USA. For more information, please visit, www.nielsen.com. Nielsen Business Media is a leading market-focused provider of integrated information and sales and marketing solutions, helping businesses go to market more effectively and efficiently. Serving seven major market groups, and 30 individual markets, spanning the entertainment, media and marketing, retail, travel and performance, design, and life sciences industries, Nielsen Business Media provides business-to-business products and services in print, online and in person. With 42 publications, over 60 trade shows and 185 digital products and services, Nielsen Business Media offers insight, analysis and face-to-face contacts to help professionals better understand their markets, sell and service their customers, and grow their businesses. Nielsen Business Media's portfolio includes market leaders such as Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, Adweek, National Jeweler, Progressive Grocer, and Successful Meetings. Campaign Manager The Campaign Manager's primary function is to optimize of all Billboard advertising on sites, with a relentless focus on increasing ad revenue and maximizing eCPM. Key job responsibilities for this position include: *Daily inventory *Optimizing Cost Per Thousand (CPM), Cost Per Acquisition (CPA) and Cost Per Click (CPC) campaigns to maximize revenue across all distribution channels. *Defining and prioritizing new advertising features that will increase revenue or reduce costs through increased automation, such as self-service tools. *Monitoring impression and click through trends to uncover opportunities for operational improvement in ad frequency, formats and placements. *Forecasting ad impressions to facilitate ad sales. *Managing the integration of new ad network partners and activate/update ad campaigns across product portfolio. *Communicating routinely with ad sales reps, ad networks and agencies regarding ways to jointly increase revenue. *Reporting campaign performance internally and externally. Qualifications The ideal Campaign Manager candidate has excellent communication skills, is able to multi task and has strong interpersonal and relationship management skills; as well as: *2- 3 years advertising operations experience in a similar role *Proficiency with MS Excel; data analysis; probability and statistics; and *Experience with campaign management *Hands on knowledge of web analytics platforms such as Omniture and Google Analytics *Experience with various ad-serving technologies such as DoubleClick DART or Atlas DMT Education: *Minimum Bachelors' Degree required, preferably in advertising or business administration http://www.nielsen.c...eers/index.html
18. Art Director Madison Square Garden Job Duration Full Time Job Location New York, NY USA Job Title: Art Director Job Number: 2008-390 Department: NY Rangers Marketing DatePostedExternal 10/20/2008 Job Requirements Qualifications: Assist in leading and supporting the development and design of all advertising and design needs for the New York Rangers including print collateral and online graphics, advertising, logo design, presence marketing, packaging and merchandise. Reporting to the Rangers VP of Marketing Services, the Art Director must be able to think independently as well as within the context of the team. Work closely with internal clients to review design needs and idea proposals. Coordinate with the Print Production department regarding specifications of related design assignments. Requirements:The ideal candidate will have a Graphic Design degree with 2 - 4 years design and advertising experience within the entertainment industry, design firm, or an advertising agency. Will have working knowledge of the print production process and a passion for sports. Must be self-motivated and have the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment. Will exhibit creativity and be able to act and think independently. Copywriting skills a plus. Must be completely proficient on Macintosh, Quark, Illustrator and Photoshop. All initial inquiries will be kept confidential. "An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D" About Our Company Cablevision's signature New York assets include some of the nation's most popular entertainment and sports properties. Chief among these is Madison Square Garden, "The World's Most Famous Arena" and the backdrop for the biggest names in music. The Garden is also home to three professional sports teams, the New York Knicks, Rangers and Liberty. Cablevision's other celebrated showplaces include both Radio City Music Hall, which features stage productions, concerts and the renowned Radio City Rockettes; and the legendary Beacon Theatre, which provides an intimate setting for musical artists and comedians. MSG Entertainment, another arm of the Garden, produces live exhibitions and events nationwide. In addition, MSG oversees two award-winning regional sports and entertainment television networks, as well as fuse, a national music network. https://thegarden.ig...n...1114133331
19. LAU Magazine Copy Editor Lebanese American University Industry- Magazine Publishing Job Location New York, NY USA Job Requirements Experienced free-lance copy editor needed for international quarterly university magazine and other material. Candidates MUST have: -At least 3 years of professional copyediting experience (preferably magazine) -Mastery of Associated Press style -Proficiency in Microsoft Word -Excellent grasp of grammar, punctuation and spelling (U.S. English) -An eye for detail and an ear for a writer's voice -Ability to meet deadlines Bachelor's degree in journalism/English and an understanding of the Middle East preferred. This is not an entry-level position; it is a free-lance, telecommuting position for a professional copy editor. Work will include page proofs but no layout. Hours and time commitments will vary according to the production cycle. Pay is $40 per hour. Please e-mail a resume and three work samples to David Pengel [email protected] Thank you in advance for your interest. Only applicants we wish to interview will be contacted. About Our Company To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.lau.edu.lb. Candidate must supply resume, cover letter, and writing samples, so please email to [email protected] Contact Person: David Pengel
20. Account Manager - Traffic Newsweek Magazine Industry Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing Benefits 401K/403B, Dental, Health Job Duration Full Time Job Location New York, NY USA Job Requirements RESPONSIBILITIES The Account Manager - Traffic will report to the Director of Operations and support the implementation of all contracted Newsweek.com advertising campaigns. S/he will ensure that all contracted revenue delivers completely on Newsweek.com and manage campaigns from point of sale until completed delivery. The Account Manager - Traffic will interface with the client/agency post-sale for all contract implementation needs. S/he will become proficient in various online advertising platforms, third party rich media vendors, creative executions, and ad serving technologies. The Account Manager - Traffic will enforce ad creative specs and production restrictions, maintain tagging and targeting spreadsheets with production and implement branding/research studies (dynamic logic, etc). S/he will become extremely familiar with the site's ad units, sections, templates, zones, and targeting requirements, and perform other duties as assigned. REQUIREMENTS The ideal candidate will have one or more years of sales support experience within an internet advertising environment. Preferably, s/he will have a working knowledge of DFP and campaign trafficking experience. The candidate must have exceptional organizational skills, be highly detail oriented and have a strong customer and client focus. S/he will possess quantitative skills for analysis, tracking, and optimization of data, and have the ability to meet fast deadlines and handle multiple projects. The candidate must have strong PC skills with emphasis on Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as excellent writing and verbal communication skills. Preferably, s/he will have a B.A. or equivalent degree. For more information about Newsweek, and to apply to the job, please visit our website at www.newsweek.com. Newsweek is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Please submit a cover letter, résumé and salary history. Résumés will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. Not all résumés will be reviewed. Phone calls are discouraged. Contact Person: Human Resources
21. Digital Rights Manager Publication or Company The McGraw-Hill Companies Industry Journalism / Printing / Publishing Job Duration Full Time Job Location New York, NY USA Job Requirements The McGraw-Hill Companies is driving the education, financial services and business information markets through leading brands such as McGraw-Hill Education, Standard & Poor's, BusinessWeek, J.D. Power and Associates, Platts, McGraw-Hill Construction, Aviation Week, and Broadcasting. McGraw-Hill Professional, a division of McGraw-Hill Education, is recognized for publishing the most respected and well-known works in a wide range of professional fields, namely Medical, Business, and Technical. McGraw-Hill Professional is a leader in providing on-the-job content and solutions to professionals throughout the world. In addition, McGraw-Hill Professional has been a leader in creating online and digital solutions to professionals and students in medicine through AccessMedicine, or to engineers through its Digital Engineering Library. In addition to the Business, Medical, and Technical markets, McGraw-Hill Professional is a publishing and content leader in Education and Test Prep and in Consumer categories such as health and self-help. McGraw-Hill Professional has an outstanding opportunity for a Digital Rights Manager, based in our New York office. The Digital Rights Manager will specialize in the licensing of McGraw-Hill Professional Medical content to database aggregators, software developers and other third parties with secure online platforms and sound business models and will manage several active licensing accounts, aggressively sign new partners, and drive licensing revenue. Essential Accountabilities: New Business Development: Research, Outreach and Cold Calling. Draft, negotiate, and see partner agreements through to execution by working with MH Legal department. Represent Medical product line and sell content to third parties, ability to describe publishing program initiatives and direction, suggest collections, discuss pricing, etc. Participate in Medical Editorial Board Meetings, attend sales meetings/book fairs and conduct account reviews. Track royalty statements, payments and proper accounting of revenue. Research and clearance of original author contracts and rights granted. Present third party platforms internally and obtain support for projects and terms of payment structure. Keep contract terms, rates, associated titles and royalty detail up to date in contract database. Report on achievements, opportunities challenges on weekly and monthly basis. Skills Bachelor's degree Must have 3+ years related account management experience Medical Publishing/Licensing experience a plus Sales, Licensing and Rights experience Experienced in negotiating contracts Sales experience and comfort with sales goals/targets MS Office, Presentation and PowerPoint skills Confidence and comfort in communication with executive level decision makers at client accounts Willingness to work as a team and include appropriate contacts from various MH departments (Production, Editorial, etc.) to collaborate with licensees Light Travel McGraw-Hill Education: Where The World Learns to Succeed. We are an equal opportunity employer. https://mh.taleo.net...p;media_id=1864 --------------------------------------------------------
22. venky > > *6 months+* > > *Madison**, NJ*** > > *Rate open*> > Description: > - Strong SAP Treasury and General Ledger experience is > crucial for this > position. > - Strong functional (business) knowledge of Treasury is > required in order > for this person to understand the business requirements > and perform the > feasibility analysis.> > Key Deliverables include:> > 1. Determine if the SAP Treasury Module is a viable > replacement for Chase > Insight Treasury Workstation. > 2. Automate/Integrate Investment in Debt activities > in Madison and > Puerto Rico. > 3. Determine if the SAP Treasury Module is a viable > replacement for > Quantum at the Treasury Center in Ireland. > 4. Identify and Document Wyeth's Treasury > business requirements > > kalyan venkatesh > Sr.IT Recruiter > Softpath Systems, Inc.|Maiden Lane, NY-10038 > Voice: 212-405-1894 x 104 | FAX:(212)-405-1895 > Email : [email protected],[email protected] > URL : www.softpathsystems.com
23. From: saritha staffingspecialist > > Below is a very hot requirement with one of our Clients If > you feel any of> your consultants are a good match for this position, do > respond me with an > updated resume along with the best contact details, current > location,> availability status, and visa status ASAP!!! > * *> *Solaris Systems Administrator* > > *Duration: 6 months * > > *Location: NY or Lynhurst, NJ * > > Client is looking for experienced system admin who can > handle *Sun systems*. > They have large installation and very high demanding > environment (revenue generating division who create the digitize the music). > Right now they need> strong Solaris admin to handle daily issues, work with > *datcenter *and> provide them advise over time to time.> > Need someone very strong in *unix/solaris*> > Thanks & Regards,> > *Saritha* > Agile Enterprise Solutions, Inc || "Ensuring > Client's Success"|| > Ph: 630-242-3952 Ext:203 > Fax: (847)-890-6357 > *Sarithaemail@example.com
I don't agree! I'm just lazy to type.
Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:15 PM
"Are you including as shomer negiya someone who is sleeping with his girlfriend but not shaking hands with the car dealer?" ~ Moshi
"Some people like their corn flakes soggy, other people get off on repression and guilt." ~ Sweet
Notice of New Policy: I now ask people permission before using their quotes.
Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:22 PM
Trust you to pull that out of this whole long post.
If a man stands in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:25 PM
I know, right?
Trust you to pull that out of this whole long post.
"Are you including as shomer negiya someone who is sleeping with his girlfriend but not shaking hands with the car dealer?" ~ Moshi
"Some people like their corn flakes soggy, other people get off on repression and guilt." ~ Sweet
Notice of New Policy: I now ask people permission before using their quotes.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users