#1 rachel b.

rachel b.

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:41 AM

Nefesh B'Nefesh launches 'Go North' campaign
What a great deal!
Free money (NIS100,000), a car, and ulpan.

I would like to live in the North, have a vegetable and herb garden, and keep a couple of chickens and a goat.

Who's with me?

woot.

#2 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:43 AM

[url="http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3638604,00.html"%20target="_blank">http://www.ynetnews....604,00.html</a>"]Nefesh B'Nefesh launches 'Go North' campaign[/url]

What a great deal!
Free money (NIS100,000), a car, and ulpan.

I would like to live in the North, have a vegetable and herb garden, and keep a couple of chickens and a goat.

Who's with me?

woot.

Just be aware that 100K NIS is apprx $25K USD (on a good day)....
Also, with NBN there is a min # of years you need to live there. If you move back, you pay them back every cent (I believe).
Many people wish they could change their life, when all they really need to do is change their attitude towards life. - Sharon

#3 rachel b.

rachel b.

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:43 AM

Who's moving back? My chickens and goats need me.

#4 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:44 AM

I find that free money in Israel often ends up being VERY costly.....
[/flirting]

#5 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:45 AM

#6 rachel b.

rachel b.

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:47 AM

But imagine the freshest of eggs for breakfast every morning, orange-yolked and delicious, warm from the chicken's tushy!!

Along with goat cheese, delicious fresh Israeli tomatoes and cukes...
I'm moving just for the Israeli breakfasts!

#7 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:47 AM

No way I'd raise chickens. Goats I would, though. All that goat cheese and goat milk :wub:

Yeah chickens are called fowl for a reason :bad: You can smell a chicken house for miles around...

And yeah, goats are pretty cool, but you can NEVER take a day off, let alone a vacation or go away for Shabbos (unless you have someone to cover for you).....
[/flirting]

#8 greentiger

greentiger

look here!

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:49 AM

They are building this new chutznik neighborhood up north.. sounds really nice...
Treat each day as your last; one day you will be right

If a man stands in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

#9 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:49 AM

#10 Ahavati

Ahavati

meh

• Members
  • 7,399 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:51 AM

We stayed in Tzippori Village - that was basically the breakfasts. There was a goat cheese factory a few yards away.

Interesting aside but I once read an article attributing Crohn's disease to goat's milk/cheese.
If not for my attempts to be a "good Christian" (i.e. someone who follows what Jesus taught and not what the Pauline Epistles taught), I doubt I'd be an orthodox Jew right now. Shemmy

#11 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:54 AM

They are building this new chutznik neighborhood up north.. sounds really nice...

I don't relish the prospect of living with "chutzniks"......
[/flirting]

#12 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:57 AM

#13 Ahavati

Ahavati

meh

• Members
  • 7,399 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:58 AM

Really? That's interesting. I should look that up.

Oh yeah. It was related to Jewish ancestry and traced back, it seems, to some island off Greece? Crete, maybe? I'll have to try and dig up my research.
If not for my attempts to be a "good Christian" (i.e. someone who follows what Jesus taught and not what the Pauline Epistles taught), I doubt I'd be an orthodox Jew right now. Shemmy

#14 greentiger

greentiger

look here!

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:59 AM

I don't relish the prospect of living with "chutzniks"......

Mitzpe Hagalil http://www.ips300.com/

If a man stands in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

#15 greentiger

greentiger

look here!

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:06 PM

Our vision is to create an island of serenity in a luxurious setting. The pristine mountain air, the surrounding towering peak, and, most important of all, the kedusha of Eretz Yisrael; what more could we ask for?

Located just minutes away from the mekomos hakedoshim in Tsfas, Meiron and Tiveria, the Mitzpeh Hagalil Vacation Village will consist of exclusive villas, modern, self-contained suites, and two-story penthouses, all attractively finished in a combination of wood and stone. The village will be professionally landscaped, with large grassy areas interspersed with shady trees. A shopping center is planned to serve the needs of the residents.

Located 300 meters above the Kinneret, completely open on the western side, the weather is breezy and comfortable in the summer, yet sunny in the winter.

Communal Areas

* A spacious luxurious synagogue complex with a central beis medrash and several small shteibelach. The entire synagogue complex will be surrounded by landscaped gardens, including a large grassy area, trees for shade, and plenty of park benches.

* Close to 4 acres of landscaped park, including a promenade with a panoramic view of the mountains to one side, and the Kinneret and Golan Heights to the other side.

* A large, central swimming pool

* Two completely separate spas

* A supervised children's play area, with activities such as arts and crafts, story-time, etc.

* A glatt kosher restaurant, which will remain open from early morning until late at night.

* A shopping area

* A medical clinic

#16 tomboy89

tomboy89

Gabbai

• Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:07 PM

I hope they still have this offer in 10+ years. I am moving to the golan but not till after I finish med school and residency. I want horses and cows on my farm. But the only problems I havent worked out yet is what big hospital I am going to work in and where my kids are going to go to school.

#17 Ahavati

Ahavati

meh

• Members
  • 7,399 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:09 PM

Just an aside: anyone who has never lived/worked on a farm is going to be in for a rude surprise if you think it's easy. It's some of the hardest work you'll ever do.

#18 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:10 PM

Mitzpe Hagalil http://www.ips300.com/

Oooooooh A FREE swimming pool...
Sign me up!!!!
[/flirting]

#19 tomboy89

tomboy89

Gabbai

• Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:10 PM

Just an aside: anyone who has never lived/worked on a farm is going to be in for a rude surprise if you think it's easy. It's some of the hardest work you'll ever do.

I like hard work, plus it will be good for the kids.

#20 calvinandhobbes

calvinandhobbes

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:25 PM

Oooooooh A FREE swimming pool...
Sign me up!!!!

Hello, free spa!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users