• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:35 AM

I always tell people, physically speaking, there's probably nothing easier than making Aliyah single. I packed two suitcases and went straight to the mercaz klita - nothing to it.

However, emotionally, it's probably best to come with your family. Nothing like sharing the experience with others I would imagine.

That said do prepare for rough waters. ALL olim go through tough times - but they will clear - and looking back you sort of forget about them - and know that it was all worth it.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#42 Village

Village

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:07 AM

I live in the North..i heard the car thing isnt really a car but more of like a down payment on a car.Eitherway come to israel..busses are fun and there's always Avis.
The greatest sophistication is trying to figure out how not to be sophisticated - Rebbe Nachman
www.soundcloud.com/kabbalisticvillage - Please take a listen.

#43 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:13 PM

Moving anywhere in general is a pain in the bahakas. The added bureaucracy in moving stuff to Israel only makes things a little more difficult, but it's not a big deal in the long run. Once it's over, it's over.

And then after your child listens to the radio he or she sings David melech Yisrael instead of Jingle Bells, you can think of the difficulties in the moving/Aliya process and decide if it is worth it.

When you see the birkat Kohanim at the Kotel on Sukkot / Kever Rashbi on Lag B'Omer, Modiin on Chanuka, or any number of such things--as a resident-not a visitor--you can decide if it's worth it.

Come on in, the water's just fine, and there's room for everyone.

הַתְקַשֵּׁר מַעֲדַנּוֹת כִּימָה אוֹ-מֹשְׁכוֹת כְּסִיל תְּפַתֵּחַ

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users