• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:09 PM

Proud member of the "I don't always wait until I finish reading the thread to respond" club.

Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not; and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad. ~ Robert C. Savage

#2 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:17 PM

#3 Ahavati

Ahavati

meh

• Members
  • 7,399 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:21 PM

If you have leftover food that you plan on warming up for the next night, do you just put the pot in the fridge, or do you transfer it to a container?

Never. I almost always transfer to glass (very minimal plastic).
If not for my attempts to be a "good Christian" (i.e. someone who follows what Jesus taught and not what the Pauline Epistles taught), I doubt I'd be an orthodox Jew right now. Shemmy

#4 Amber

Amber

ABG

• Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:22 PM

Always transfer. Takes up too much space in the fridge and is usually a #### to clean the longer it sits in a pot.

#5 LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

Huh?

• Members
  • 5,340 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:25 PM

Soup and cholent we leave in pots. Everything else we tranfer to a plastic dish with a cover that can be thrown into the microwave.
God, grant us the...
Serenity to accept things we cannot change,
Courage to change the things we can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference
Patience for the things that take time
Appreciation for all that we have, and
Tolerance for those with different struggles
Freedom to live beyond the limitations of our past ways, the
Ability to feel your love for us and our love for each other and the
Strength to get up and try again even when we feel it is hopeless.

#6 brianna

brianna

Sanctimonious Pleasure Seeker

• Members
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:26 PM

Soup and cholent we leave in pots. Everything else we tranfer to a plastic dish with a cover that can be thrown into the microwave.

Same here.
Certainly there is no shortage of married, left-wing harlots who do not cover their hair. Although, they're probably busy sacrificing their children to Ba‛al and filing divorce papers. ~ Milton

"Are you including as shomer negiya someone who is sleeping with his girlfriend but not shaking hands with the car dealer?" ~ Moshi

"Some people like their corn flakes soggy, other people get off on repression and guilt." ~ Sweet

Notice of New Policy: I now ask people permission before using their quotes.

#7 Cassandra

Cassandra

Phat Girlz

• Members
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

We put pots in the fridge. We usually do it while the pot is still hot too.
"Underworld Plaza...Lingerie Shop...I love the names of these chassidish underwear stores. Why can't they just call it Fancy Panties?!" ~Bitter

"The rule of thumb in MO circles is nothing more than a threesome. We have standards, you know. We're not completely frei." ~Melech

#8 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:49 PM

#9 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:54 PM

Proud member of the "I don't always wait until I finish reading the thread to respond" club.

Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not; and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad. ~ Robert C. Savage

#10 Xi

Xi

-->

• Banned
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:11 PM

Usually pots as we rarely reheat dinners in the microwave.
Xi is intimidating, in an endearing sort of way. --Gretchen

#11 pleats

pleats

Rebbetzin Doctor

• Members
  • 3,649 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:12 PM

#12 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:37 PM

#13 Ahavati

Ahavati

meh

• Members
  • 7,399 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:41 PM

we would no more transfer to plastic for microwaving than we would transfer to aluminum for the overn :dunce:

The same reason I don't use aluminum foil is the same reason I don't store food in pots.
If not for my attempts to be a "good Christian" (i.e. someone who follows what Jesus taught and not what the Pauline Epistles taught), I doubt I'd be an orthodox Jew right now. Shemmy

#14 Bluelaptop

Bluelaptop

Blackliner

• Members
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

Sleeping Beauty came at 4
Her eyes were filled with tears.
"Oh my," she said, "I overslept
About a hundred years."

(Mr. Cuckoo's Clock Shop)

#15 Guest_Shuli_*

Guest_Shuli_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:51 PM

#16 Leah Anderson

Leah Anderson

Gabbai

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:53 PM

I heard that it is not good to freeze plastic containers or use them in the microwave cause the plastic expands and contracts, leaking stuff into your food or water. I will put my soup pot that has soup in it back in the fridge as is (thank G-d for my extra fridge downstairs, plenty of room). less stuff to wash that way.

#17 Jeanette

Jeanette

Pretentious

• Members
  • 6,112 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:10 PM

Shalom bayit tip for the men: NEVER tell you're wife you will put the pot in the fridge when it cools down friday night and then forget and let her find it still on the counter shabbos morning

For this very reason, I am never able to fall asleep Friday night until I have personally witnessed every pot replaced in the refrigerator, regardless of spouse (or guest's) reassurances.

#18 Jeanette

Jeanette

Pretentious

• Members
  • 6,112 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

She's eating the leftovers, her husband gets fresh food.

Actually in my house it's the opposite, since DH refuses to allow food to be thrown away. I guess if I were a true AC I'd eat the leftovers myself but I can't bring myself to eat leftover cholent. I can barely eat it on Shabbos!

#19 BroadwayFreak

BroadwayFreak

It's garden season!

• Members
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:04 PM

I always leave it in the pot. It's silly to take it out of the pot, put it in a container, only to put it in a pot again when it needs to be reheated.
"Evereything in moderation (except beer)."
-Cholentpot

#20 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:11 PM

As I don't really OWN any "containers" (or a microwave), it is usually the pot (tho sometimes a smaller pot)....
[/flirting]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users