• Guests

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:44 PM

#42 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:24 PM

Proud member of the "I don't always wait until I finish reading the thread to respond" club.

Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not; and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad. ~ Robert C. Savage

#43 Guest_Shuli_*

Guest_Shuli_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:36 PM

#44 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:37 PM

Proud member of the "I don't always wait until I finish reading the thread to respond" club.

Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not; and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad. ~ Robert C. Savage

#45 bigtoe

bigtoe

ùbúntú

• Members
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:38 PM

I'm NOT happy that so many toy cars come with removable tires that are a clear choking hazard...

I've been lusting after Automoblox :dreaming:

Posted Image

Forget science, I'm donating my body to magic

-Erin Brown/Threadless

#46 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:01 AM

#47 Guest_Shuli_*

Guest_Shuli_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:03 AM

#48 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:34 AM

#49 Guest_Shuli_*

Guest_Shuli_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:47 AM

#50 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:54 AM

#51 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:56 AM

Cars are made to come apart - we lose apprx 1-2 a week, some because of mechanical engineering and some by getting stepped on or lost.
Many people wish they could change their life, when all they really need to do is change their attitude towards life. - Sharon

#52 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:58 AM

#53 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:59 AM

I found specifically with matchbox sized cars, that quality makes a difference. The Matchbox or Hotwheels brand doesn't usually get smashed when stepped on. It's the others (most others anyway) that come apart, chip, and just fall apart.

but they cost significantly more - I try to stick with cheaper ones so can have more and not worry about this (also they sometimes put free ones in cereal boxes)
Many people wish they could change their life, when all they really need to do is change their attitude towards life. - Sharon

#54 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:16 AM

#55 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:18 AM

#56 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:29 AM

Well, put it this way, my nephews who wreck everything, have cars for a few years already (Matchbox, Hotwheels), and even though they take off the rubber wheels often, there is nothing else that breaks. Whereas, I bought the junky cars for sonny when he was one year old and they bent, smashed, chipped within a very short while. He also refused playing with them since he was 14 months old. I have only the above, and it gets heavy play from many kids and is holding up well. There isn't much to worry about with the better ones (more expensive, but lasts longer, while the kids really enjoy it). They actually ride, instead of skidding.

Oh, yeh for sure they need to ride - where you push them back and they go forward, otherwise they're no fun.

Ok. to each their own, we've had our lunchbox full of cars for a while (it started with not as many, but with time some have come and others have gone and now it's stuffed) and it works for us.

#57 Elana

Elana

Godol Hador

• Banned
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:53 PM

super cheap long sleeves t-shirts at the oldnavy (they seem to have only big sizes left online)

http://oldnavy.gap.c...c...&pid=610334
http://oldnavy.gap.c...c...&pid=595960

#58 YBS

YBS

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:13 PM

oldnavy.gap.com

What's the difference between Old Navy and Gap? Is Gap the same as Old Navy, for people who want to pay more? Is Banana Republic the same as Old Navy, for people who want to pay more than Gap?
One for all, all for one!

I don't agree! I'm just lazy to type.

#59 justbatya

justbatya

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:17 PM

Banana Republic, Old Navy, Gap, Piperlime.com and now Athleta are all Gap subsidiaries at different price points.

My poor SO still thinks that a Batya is a what, and not a who.

Soda-Club Home Soda Makers
Blog-o-rama

#60 YBS

YBS

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:21 PM

Banana Republic, Old Navy, Gap, Piperlime.com and now Athleta are all Gap subsidiaries at different price points.

Are they the same otherwise with fashion/quality/whatnot?
One for all, all for one!

I don't agree! I'm just lazy to type.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users