In link form or printed-out-and-stapled-together form? :p

The latter, if you wish.

#26 justbatya

justbatya

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:53 PM

I know I posted mostly my own, but I'm trying to go through old threads and post others' recipes during study breaks, bli neder.

My poor SO still thinks that a Batya is a what, and not a who.

Soda-Club Home Soda Makers
Blog-o-rama

#27 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:03 PM

#28 Amber

Amber

ABG

• Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:08 PM

Hmm.

#29 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:25 AM

#30 justbatya

justbatya

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:41 AM

I'm confused, but won't stop posting recipes if that's ok. I found the index helpful and encouraging. For example, I saw that not too many recipes had been posted by one of my favorite cooking posters, so I went back the old cooking threads and found some so she would be represented.

My tzedakah is the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America. http://www.ccfa.org/

Melech, thanks for all you do for this board! Let's figure out how we can continue the project without being an annoyance.

Blog-o-rama

#31 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:47 AM

#32 justbatya

justbatya

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:57 AM

Wow. You are so generous and honest (and fast!)

Kol Ha Kavod and thank you. :drinks:

Blog-o-rama

#33 White Wizard

White Wizard

Formerly known as the Grey Pilgrim

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:17 AM

I am stopping this contest and will be deleting all my posts in this subforum.

Because I offered, batya_d and FYI, please name your tzedakot so I can follow through with my offer of a donation.

I have been told by the moderation team that it is ABG to encourage members to flood the board.
The moderation team did not offer an adequate explanation or any details so I am left to assume the moderation team is talking about this tongue in cheek post,

where I mused about starting such a contest even though I did not.
But the moderation team told me that
1. I cannot encourage flooding the board
2. that a warning has been issued.

However, I do not actually know what the moderation team is talking about since all they said was the above without being clear as to which incident they are talking about.

So if I can't muse about starting a contest, then all the more so can I not actually start a contest as I did in this thread.

Batya_d and FYI: please name your tzedakot. If I don't hear from you on the open board by Friday, I'll just pick my own.

Sorry it came to this, but the moderation team have made clear they are not to be messed with and I am trying very hard to stay away from opportunities for them to find cause for them to reprimand me and to give them that pleasure.

ANd for the record, let us all be absolutely clear that my post in the member corner thread, "threads you aren't starting" was MUSING about starting such a contest. If I had been serious about starting such a contest, I would have, as I did in this thread.

But for all I know, the moderation team was talking about encouraging flooding the board in this cooking project subforum.

If anyone has questions or comments, please direct them to the moderation team.

Thank you melech for your cooperation and once again displaying your maturity and understanding.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. "

#34 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:12 AM

I am stopping this contest and will be deleting all my posts in this subforum.

Because I offered, batya_d and FYI, please name your tzedakot so I can follow through with my offer of a donation.

I have been told by the moderation team that it is ABG to encourage members to flood the board.
The moderation team did not offer an adequate explanation or any details so I am left to assume the moderation team is talking about this tongue in cheek post,

where I mused about starting such a contest even though I did not.
But the moderation team told me that
1. I cannot encourage flooding the board
2. that a warning has been issued.

However, I do not actually know what the moderation team is talking about since all they said was the above without being clear as to which incident they are talking about.

So if I can't muse about starting a contest, then all the more so can I not actually start a contest as I did in this thread.

Batya_d and FYI: please name your tzedakot. If I don't hear from you on the open board by Friday, I'll just pick my own.

Sorry it came to this, but the moderation team have made clear they are not to be messed with and I am trying very hard to stay away from opportunities for them to find cause for them to reprimand me and to give them that pleasure.

ANd for the record, let us all be absolutely clear that my post in the member corner thread, "threads you aren't starting" was MUSING about starting such a contest. If I had been serious about starting such a contest, I would have, as I did in this thread.

But for all I know, the moderation team was talking about encouraging flooding the board in this cooking project subforum.

If anyone has questions or comments, please direct them to the moderation team.

Ohh man! They don't even let kosher fun around this place?!?!

Ok. I will try and name one by Friday, but can you tell me the rules again - I know it has to accept something, have online, etc. I need to know so I can pick since my first choice doesn't allow online donations.

Second of all, I really was posting for the cookbook and will try to continue to do so. I wasn't trying to flood anything (and in fact, the house I keep driving by and is going for a decent price, I know has horrible flooding so I have to stop even thinking of it as an option)
Many people wish they could change their life, when all they really need to do is change their attitude towards life. - Sharon

#35 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:14 AM

#36 Amber

Amber

ABG

• Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:21 AM

I'm confused, but won't stop posting recipes if that's ok. I found the index helpful and encouraging. For example, I saw that not too many recipes had been posted by one of my favorite cooking posters, so I went back the old cooking threads and found some so she would be represented.

Second of all, I really was posting for the cookbook and will try to continue to do so. I wasn't trying to flood anything (and in fact, the house I keep driving by and is going for a decent price, I know has horrible flooding so I have to stop even thinking of it as an option)

I'm encouraging you to please continue posting recipes. Thank you for your contributions, you're doing a fantastic job.

#37 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:21 AM

Melech, where are you going by Friday? If you leave this board, we're going to collapse.

How 'bout this?
http://www.stlkollel.com/donate.html
Many people wish they could change their life, when all they really need to do is change their attitude towards life. - Sharon

#38 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:30 AM

#39 Amber

Amber

ABG

• Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:34 AM

Take it up with the moderation team.

I'm encouraging H.com members to partake in a joint project which Nechama (and SJ for that matter) seemed to have been supportive of. If any other mods have a problem then let them take it up with me.

#40 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:41 AM

I'm confused as to what needs to be taken up with mod team. They already supported cookbook by making a subforum. Why can't we acknowledge and appreciate that?

Mods, if your mad at melech, just give me his warning, I could care less and I've managed to be on this board for apprx 4 years with no warnings, so I'm not even sure how we got one, but I don't care since it's only 20% and goes away in 30 days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users