• Guests

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:07 PM

#2 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:17 PM

If there's still no signups by next monday (aug 24th) let me know, I'm definitely unavailable until then.

I'm really not creative so coming up with names isn't my things - I like making squares go in their boxes and making sure all the pieces to the set are still in tact, but creativity is where I lose it. :)
Many people wish they could change their life, when all they really need to do is change their attitude towards life. - Sharon

#3 agent220

agent220

Mommy

• Members
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:17 PM

And a special shkoyach to Melech for indexing and collating all the sections in one documented format.
When you try to make a statement, all you're really doing is raising questions.

#4 Amber

Amber

ABG

• Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:24 PM

We need to agree on a universal formatting. Should each recipe have its own page?

#5 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:25 PM

We need to agree on a universal formatting. Should each recipe have its own page?

No, not long enough -but maybe no more than 2 per page...It should only have its recipe if long enough.

I also would like the titles to be a bit nicer, font wise.
Many people wish they could change their life, when all they really need to do is change their attitude towards life. - Sharon

#6 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:28 PM

#7 agent220

agent220

Mommy

• Members
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:31 PM

How many postcards fit on a standard page...4, right? Is there any way we could format it in a postcard template one recipe per postcard, or is that way too complicated?

#8 Sweet

Sweet

Passionately Ambivalent

• Members
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:32 PM

Seeing this for the first time, I have to say I'm very impressed.
The world has too many stupid people who are full of confidence, and smart people who are full of self-doubt.

#9 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:33 PM

#10 agent220

agent220

Mommy

• Members
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:34 PM

I don't know. Don't have any card stock with me. I just remember doing this on my computer for my wedding response cards.

#11 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:37 PM

#12 pleats

pleats

Rebbetzin Doctor

• Members
  • 3,649 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:37 PM

#13 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:41 PM

any of these
albertus medium
belgium
bradley Hand ITC - bold
broadway
castellar
copperplate gothic light
harlow solid italic
harrington
istanbul
kristen itc
monotype corsiva
papyrus
stencil
tempus sans itc
viner hand itc

they all seem to me (from looking at word) like they're not just boring, but they appear still easy enough to read and not like a fancy script/bold where you can't even figure out what letters are.

they're also not too plain like Arial or Times New Roman

#14 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:42 PM

#15 Amber

Amber

ABG

• Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

There are 545 recipes. I personally think you can't have one recipe per page.

Personally, I would suggest that each person going through ensure:

title is bolded
not too many extra blank lines
pictures should be 2 inches high
the title and author match the master Index in the Index thread - Lyric for example didn't sign her recipes.

The recipe format should be more or less consistent. For example, each recipe should include either 'Pareve, Milchig, or Fleishig' (unless it's a recipe for chicken, meat, etc.)

I'm undecided about not letting recipes stradle more than one page. It's great to have 'new pages' suppressed, but the price you pay is a larger print out.

It's worth it.

Suggest a font.

I'm using M.O. 2007 which has various style templates. I chose the Traditional style which I think works quite nicely.

#16 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:45 PM

#17 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:49 PM

isn't the h.com font verdana or something?

and they should all be spelled the same. When I was going through the recipes, I couldn't believe how many ways there are to spell those.

so do verdana. that's also ok.

But I would like verdana more for the style of the actual text of recipe, vs title that you want to be a bit 'nicer' and not as standard.

#18 agent220

agent220

Mommy

• Members
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:49 PM

Also, I assume people aren't printing the whole thing, but rather the pages they're interested in.

#19 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:50 PM

#20 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:50 PM

Also, I assume people aren't printing the whole thing, but rather the pages they're interested in.

I can see it going both ways. If I got a binder, I could easily just print the whole thing and stick in my kitchen.

If I had internet handy, I would just go to link with cookbook and print page I want (let's say visiting my inlaws and offer to make some delicious matbucha or chip peas)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users