• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Natanel

Natanel

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:18 PM

Going to be in the the Big Apple the 24th to the 28th. Anybody have any suggestions?

(H.com meet?)
"the Coolaid avator guy [kalnishkor] seems to be anti MO" - NYK

"why do we have to suffer so that you don't get banned from some syrian forum?!" -Elana

"h.com is incredibly democratic, egalitarian, and provides a level playing field for everyone. If you don't like the topics, instead of lamenting, all you have to do to skew the conversations to something more appealing to you then all you have to do is post new topics. Be a head and not a tail."

-Melech

#2 Xi

Xi

-->

• Banned
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:20 PM

Check out the Christmas decorations!
Xi is intimidating, in an endearing sort of way. --Gretchen

#3 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:20 PM

Attached Files

Proud member of the "I don't always wait until I finish reading the thread to respond" club.

Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not; and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad. ~ Robert C. Savage

#4 Xi

Xi

-->

• Banned
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:02 PM

Bump.
Xi is intimidating, in an endearing sort of way. --Gretchen

#5 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:06 PM

If it's december, it's over already.
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#6 Natanel

Natanel

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:05 PM

yeah i had a pretty good time, went to a steakhouse, russian/turkish banya then saw yo la tengo. The H.com meet was a bust though
next time perhaps
"the Coolaid avator guy [kalnishkor] seems to be anti MO" - NYK

"why do we have to suffer so that you don't get banned from some syrian forum?!" -Elana

"h.com is incredibly democratic, egalitarian, and provides a level playing field for everyone. If you don't like the topics, instead of lamenting, all you have to do to skew the conversations to something more appealing to you then all you have to do is post new topics. Be a head and not a tail."

-Melech

#7 Tel Aviv

Tel Aviv

Gabbai

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:40 PM

Anybody have any suggestions?

(H.com meet?)

Don't call it the "Big Apple": you'll be pegged as a tourist.
Sometimes I wonder why some elites work so hard in an unethical manner to gain wealth and power: they can't take any of their wealth and power with them when they die. Philosophically looking at it, if there is a G-d, they will have an eternity of suffering to pay for their crimes against humanity. And if there is no G-d, then once they die, they will have no memories and conscious awareness of their success in life because their consciousness and memories are lost for eternity, becoming nothing more than dirt in the ground. So, these elites in the end lose either way. The 100 years of life living like a king is just a drop of water in the infinite ocean of time that they will experience suffering at the hands of G-d, or not experience in a state of non-existence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users