6 replies to this topic

#1 Tel Aviv

Tel Aviv

Gabbai

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:55 PM

Some information from http://www.lef.org/m...-Neglect_01.htm

You might be surprised to know that the leading cause of acute liver failure in the United States is not alcohol abuse, nor viral hepatitis.

[ . . . ]

As the body count mounted in 2009, the FDA was forced to mandate a lower dosage and remove it from prescription combinations that were particularly lethal.2

[ . . . ]

When acetaminophen is ingested, a rapid depletion of glutathione in the liver occurs.3,4 The result of glutathione depletion is free radical destruction of liver cells.5-9

[ . . . ]

. . . I researched acetaminophen and was astounded by the multiple toxic effects this drug inflicts on the liver,16-20 kidney,21-26 and other organs.27-29

[ . . . ]

Each year, acetaminophen poisoning results in 100,000 calls to poison control centers, 56,000 emergency room visits, 26,000 hospitalizations, and more than 450 deaths from liver failure.30

Acetaminophen's deadly effects extend beyond the liver. Regular users of acetaminophen may double their risk of kidney cancer, a disease that kills 12,000 Americans each year. 25,26,31-33 The incidence of kidney cancer in the US has risen 126% since the 1950s,34 a jump that may be tied to the growing use of drugs containing acetaminophen and its metabolites.

Because acetaminophen generates damaging free radicals throughout the body, it may very well increase the risk of many age-related diseases. In fact, scientists can consistently induce cataracts in the eyes of laboratory animals by giving them acetaminophen.35 They consider acetaminophen a "cataratogenic agent."

[ . . . ]

The painkiller drug phenacetin was taken off the market long ago because of its severe kidney toxicity and increased risk of bladder cancer.50-54 Acetaminophen is the major metabolite of this banned drug, meaning that phenacetin's destructive properties may have been caused by its breakdown to acetaminophen in the body.

Sometimes I wonder why some elites work so hard in an unethical manner to gain wealth and power: they can't take any of their wealth and power with them when they die. Philosophically looking at it, if there is a G-d, they will have an eternity of suffering to pay for their crimes against humanity. And if there is no G-d, then once they die, they will have no memories and conscious awareness of their success in life because their consciousness and memories are lost for eternity, becoming nothing more than dirt in the ground. So, these elites in the end lose either way. The 100 years of life living like a king is just a drop of water in the infinite ocean of time that they will experience suffering at the hands of G-d, or not experience in a state of non-existence.

#2 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:26 AM

Reading all that is giving me a headache... gimme a Tylenol.

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#3 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:36 AM

KR much prefers Advil washed down with single malt....
[/flirting]

#4 Tel Aviv

Tel Aviv

Gabbai

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:55 AM

I like ibuprofen as well, and aspirin, though usually, I let the pain persist because it's there to indicate to me that something is wrong and that I should rest or what-have-you to make the pain go away.
Sometimes I wonder why some elites work so hard in an unethical manner to gain wealth and power: they can't take any of their wealth and power with them when they die. Philosophically looking at it, if there is a G-d, they will have an eternity of suffering to pay for their crimes against humanity. And if there is no G-d, then once they die, they will have no memories and conscious awareness of their success in life because their consciousness and memories are lost for eternity, becoming nothing more than dirt in the ground. So, these elites in the end lose either way. The 100 years of life living like a king is just a drop of water in the infinite ocean of time that they will experience suffering at the hands of G-d, or not experience in a state of non-existence.

#5 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:18 AM

Malt whisky should not be mixed with anything, except possibly some spring water.
You barbarian, you.:biggrin:

הַתְקַשֵּׁר מַעֲדַנּוֹת כִּימָה אוֹ-מֹשְׁכוֹת כְּסִיל תְּפַתֵּחַ

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#6 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:15 PM

Malt whisky should not be mixed with anything, except possibly some spring water.
You barbarian, you.:biggrin:

Yeah! Sheesh! Don't worry, I'm sure KR actually meant Irish whiskey.

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#7 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:27 AM

Yeah! Sheesh! Don't worry, I'm sure KR actually meant Irish whiskey.

No, that goes in coffee....
[/flirting]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users