Here are links to English translations of the Kitzur Shulchan Aruch an

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 unforgettableid

unforgettableid

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:44 AM

Here are links to online English translations of the Kitzur Shulchan Aruch and the Mishneh Torah, and to print translations of parts of the Shulchan Aruch. This information took me a while to find so I'm posting it here for posterity.

Kitzur Shulchan Aruch:

• There are two translations online: one mostly-complete translation and one partial translation. For links to both, look near the bottom of Wikipedia article about R' Ganzfried under "Online full-text versions". But as torah.org warns, "It is important to note that the application of the principles of Jewish Law frequently depends upon the unique context to which they are applied; consequently, a specific ruling of 150 years ago will not necessarily be the accepted practice today. Furthermore, not all the rulings of Rabbi Shlomo Ganzfried in his 'Kitzur Shulchan Aruch' are accepted as definitive."
Shulchan Aruch:

• As far as I know, there exists no English translation of the full Tur or Shulchan Aruch, even in print. There are a few dozen partial translations in print though. Maybe you can convince one of those translators to post their work online; if you do, let us know.
Mishneh Torah:

• Chabad has a mostly-complete online translation of the Mishneh Torah. It seems to me to include twelve of the fourteen books. There's a link to it near the bottom of the Wikipedia article about the Mishneh Torah. But note that nowadays, almost everyone follows newer codes of Jewish law instead of relying on the Mishneh Torah.
If I missed anything, please reply and let me know. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users