• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dan

Dan

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

So, the 2nd tosfos in the mesechta, brings down the gemara from 3a that anan sehadi etc.. Now, besides for the fact that it *can't* possibly mean it simply.. there are those that like to learn that way.. so anyway.. I just saw, for the first time, a clear shita (ktzos in meshovev nesivos) to show that the anan sehadi is NOT making the yachloku:

Posted Image

I happen to think its also muchach from the ramban, who clearly says ochzin is only a reason to be sholel kol de'alim, yet still bring the gemara of anan sehadi..

If anybody else is learning this, I have more to share/discuss, but it's not worth it if no one's "holding in the sugya".
כלל זה יהא נקוט בידך: מי שאינו רואה את המקום [=ה'] בכל מקום, אינו רואה בשום מקום
איפה נמצא אלוקים? בכל מקום שנותנים לו להיכנס
-Kotzker

נישט אלעס וואס מען טראכט דארף מען זאגען, נישט אלעס וואס מען זאגט דארף מען שרייבען, נישט אלעס וואס מען שרייבט דארף מען דרוקען און נישט אלעס וואס מען דרוקט דארף מען ליינען!
-R' Salanter

יש בן חורין שרוחו רוח של עבד, ויש עבד שרוחו מלאה חירות; הנאמן לעצמיותו בן חורין הוא, ומי שכל חייו הם רק במה שטוב ויפה בעיני אחרים הוא עבד
-R' Kook

#2 towerofbabble

towerofbabble

Masmid

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:12 PM

I suppose no one is holding
Some Kabbalistic mystics provide intriguing and unusual descriptions of the Tower of Babel. According to Menachem Tsioni, an Italian Torah commentator of 15th century, the Tower was a functional flying craft, empowered by some powerful magic or technology; the device was originally intended for holy purposes, but was later misused in order to gain control over the whole world. Isaac of Acre wrote that the Tower builders had reached, or at least planned to reach the distance of 2,360,000,000 parsas or 9-10 billion kilometers above the Earth surface, which is about the radius of the Solar System, including most Trans-Neptunian objects. Similar accounts are also found in the writing of Jonathan Eybeschutz and the ancient book Brith Menuchah, according to which the builders of the Tower planned to equip it with some shield technology ("shielding wings") and powerful weapons. Many Kabbalists believed that the ancient peoples possessed magic knowledge of the Nephilim, which allowed them to construct such powerful devices. Moreover, according to some commentaries, some Talmudic sages possessed a manual for building such a flying tower.
According to another mysterious Kabbalistic account, one third of the Tower builders were punished by being transformed into semi-demonic creatures and banished into three parallel dimensions, inhabited now by their descendants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users