#41 Razie

Razie

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:50 AM

yea but u havent beein in a 3.5 in Israel where everything is mountains

help me understand why that matters.

(and the 7.0 was in Seattle, WA, which is pretty mountainous ...)

ETA: I'm not saying you didn't feel it. And I'm sure it could have been scary. But a 3.6 is very very minor. Many or most people will sleep right through it if they aren't awake. That kind of earthquake does not cause damage and people don't get hurt. Maybe it's scary, but a thunderstorm can also be scary. In fact, a thunderstorm is more dangerous than a 3.6 earthquake.

#42 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

I can't believe earthquakes in the 3 range are being discussed at ALL.

You miss the point. This is all merely foreshadowing the big one...

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#43 Village

Village

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:59 PM

hey dude dont put ayin hara

Razie..everything in Israel is a big deal..i know a 3.5 in Us is nothing but if it happened in Manhattan people would be talking about it
The greatest sophistication is trying to figure out how not to be sophisticated - Rebbe Nachman
www.soundcloud.com/kabbalisticvillage - Please take a listen.

#44 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:01 PM

Razie..everything in Israel is a big deal..i know a 3.5 in Us is nothing but if it happened in Manhattan people would be talking about it

What Ayin Hara? Zecharya already promised it's happening... Har Zaisim gonna split in half...

Pinchas is right - micha

#45 Razie

Razie

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:08 PM

I don't think it would be anything but a footnote on the morning news - if that. No one would be talking about a 3.6 in manhattan except as minor trivia that more than 50% of people would never hear about at all.

For reference, amongst others, there was a 3.6 earthquake in California *today*. There was a 4.0 in Arkansas yesterday. A 4.1 in Oregon, 3.4 in Nevada, and 3.7 in Idaho a few days ago. A 5.3 in Arkansas last week. No one is aware of these.

There are, on average 5 or more earthquakes above 3.0 in the US every day.

But ok - so for some reason people in Tzfat are talking about it. What can I tell you. Ok.

#46 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:09 PM

But ok - so for some reason people in Tzfat are talking about it. What can I tell you. Ok.

"Dudette, the earth just shook, for real... it's not just me this time."

Pinchas is right - micha

#47 Village

Village

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:27 PM

alright coolskys
The greatest sophistication is trying to figure out how not to be sophisticated - Rebbe Nachman

#48 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

Maybe Village and his friends are just turning up the bass....

הַתְקַשֵּׁר מַעֲדַנּוֹת כִּימָה אוֹ-מֹשְׁכוֹת כְּסִיל תְּפַתֵּחַ

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#49 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:29 PM

Earthquake Felt in Northern Israel

http://www.israelnat...ash.aspx/211646

An earthquake measuring 3.2 on the Richter Scale which hit southern Lebanon on Sunday evening was also felt in northern Israel, The Geophysical Institute of Israel reported.

According to the report, the earthquake was felt in Tzfat, Kiryat Shmona and the Golan Heights. There were no reports of injuries or damage.

Pinchas is right - micha

#50 Village

Village

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:19 AM

Didnt feel nothing.We heard a loud boom sometime around 12 but didnt really care.

#51 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:18 AM

Village, did you feel it?

http://www.israelnat...ews.aspx/157702

Greek Earthquake Sends Shivers throughout Israel
An earthquake on the Greek island of Rhodes sent unusually wide tremblors in Israel from the north to Be’er Sheva in the Negev.

By Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu

An earthquake on the Greek island of Rhodes Monday afternoon sent unusually wide tremblors in Israel from Tiberias in the north to south of Be’er Sheva in the Negev.

The Geophysics Institute in Israel said the earthquake in Greece registered 5.7 on the Richter scale and was felt in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, where buildings shook.

Last May, a 5.3-magnitude earthquake in the Mediterranean Sea was felt in Israel.

Government officials have increasingly warned that many buildings in Israel are not built according to standards that would withstand a large earthquake.

The most damaging earthquakes in Israel in the past 200 years were in 1837, when the northern city of Tzfat was virtually destroyed, and in 1927, when Tiberias suffered from huge landslides.

The intensity of the Tzfat earthquake has been estimated as being between 6.25 to 6.8.

Pinchas is right - micha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users