• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Village

Village

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:06 AM

I heard there is a new rule regarding passports that one needs to have at least 2 free pages in the passport to travel. I have 1. and am coming to America in a month....I can do it here but it is a big hassle for me for my own reasons or i can take the risk tell them i didnt know and hire some chassidish dude in brooklyn to do it for me in an hour?does anyone have experience in this matter?
The greatest sophistication is trying to figure out how not to be sophisticated - Rebbe Nachman
www.soundcloud.com/kabbalisticvillage - Please take a listen.

#2 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:07 AM

Proud member of the "I don't always wait until I finish reading the thread to respond" club.

Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not; and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad. ~ Robert C. Savage

#3 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:23 AM

They HAVE to let you into America if you have valid ID. The question is will they let you OUT of Israel? I assume as you are a US citizen they won't make trouble...

Don't mess with the passport, they will catch you and then you'll REALLY be in trouble...
[/flirting]

#4 politico

politico

• Banned
  • 11,413 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:25 AM

I heard there is a new rule regarding passports that one needs to have at least 2 free pages in the passport to travel.

depends where you're going. different countries have different requirements for entry.

They HAVE to let you into America if you have valid ID. The question is will they let you OUT of Israel?

the page requirement is an entry issue, not an exit issue.
zinh.

#5 Guest_Melech_*

Guest_Melech_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:28 AM

#6 Village

Village

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:32 AM

im obviosuly not going to tell them about the guy in brooklyn..i will say im going to get it done when i am here in America..the question is will they let me out? When i came back from Uman the lady at passport control in Ben Gurion mentioned something to me about it
The greatest sophistication is trying to figure out how not to be sophisticated - Rebbe Nachman

#7 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:39 AM

Proud member of the "I don't always wait until I finish reading the thread to respond" club.

Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not; and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad. ~ Robert C. Savage

#8 Village

Village

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:40 AM

Ehhhhhhhhhhh..sending pasports in the mail in Israel is a little intense..anyone ever done it?

#9 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:46 AM

#10 Village

Village

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:51 AM

ok i think ill send it in..........they have a messenger service straight to your door....thanks for the help

#11 International

International

Shtark

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:00 PM

There's a company in Brooklyn called ez-passport I have used them several times. Reliable, Affortable.

---

I had page extensions put into my first passport. But i ran out of room there too - So I'm up to my 4th passport.

Any US embassy in the world will add pages for free (at least it was free for me)

---

Alternatively you can try applying for a Duplicate passport (turned out useful for me - after visiting several politically sensitive countries - especially in the middle east)

You will need to fill out this formand send in a letter explain why you need a dupe. (writing that you are Jewish and have many Israeli stamps - but you need to visit Saudi Arabia for business - should work)

#12 Village

Village

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:09 PM

I dont need a dupe. Im to lazy to go to the Jtown and get more pages added. Plus ur apt. isnt there anymore so i have nowhere to crash anymore :biggrin:

#13 Tova

Tova

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:20 PM

When the recent prices for passports went up so did the cost for adding additional pages, which had previously been free.

Here's a form, but according to this the fee is now $82 to add pages and then you have to account for an expedited and traceable shipping method which are extra.
So little room, so much to say!
The day will come when I will be able to properly and fully express myself in my sig. Today is a sad day.

#14 Village

Village

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:29 PM

Thanks..........money aint the issue.....I live on a mountain..no embassies anywhere

#15 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:59 PM

#16 Village

Village

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:07 PM

I really can take the bus to jerusalem or tel aviv but its so long for this...i do go down when it is important..dating/wedding/parents/events/ so if you schedule a girl to meet me we can go on a date adding pages to my passport.Someone its a great conversation starter.

#17 International

International

Shtark

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:17 PM

if you schedule a girl to meet me we can go on a date adding pages to my passport. -its a great conversation starter.

Bringing a girl to a US government establishment is also a great conversation ender.

#18 Village

Village

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:23 PM

How would u know?

#19 LumpyPostage

LumpyPostage

Shtark

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:34 PM

Common sense.

I've never heard of any country that cares how many empty pages you have as long as there is room for their stamp. Most places simply want your passport to be valid for the next 6 months, 3 months, etc.
Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.
A person is a person through other people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users