Little Reb Sunshine

• Members
  • 21,046 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:59 PM

VIDEO: Woman wears bikini to LAX...

good thing she's hot.
The L-rd may not come when you call, but He's always on time. -Lemon Andersen

Kabel et ha-emet mi-mi she-omro.

"All is by the hand of Heaven, except colds and fevers" -Ketubot 30a.

~My Blog~

#22 Spiffy

Spiffy

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:00 PM

is that a joke?! they'd rather women be groped up their skirts than have men see their outline?

it's not an outline. It's a fairly detailed picture google images link
A Jew without good middos is simply incomplete...

Every age is modern to those that live in it

How do you feel when there's no sun? And how will you be when rain clouds come and pull you down again?

Mmmmm, whatcha say?

#23 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:02 PM

I apologize if this is out of line, but from what I've read of it, cancer survivors are advised not to go through the machines.

They aren't every nice to survivors:

TSA pat-down leaves traveler covered in urine
'I was absolutely humiliated,' said bladder cancer survivor

Flight attendant forced to remove prosthetic breast during screening

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#24 Psychodad

Psychodad

• Members
  • 7,376 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:30 PM

#25 Shaina

Shaina

Resident Phlebotomist

• Members
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:37 PM

None of this bothers me in the slightest. I have no problems with the x-ray machines or the thorough pat downs (though I do think both are completely pointless).
Posted Image

#26 Gretchen

Gretchen

New and Improved

• Members
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:42 PM

It's a perfect setup for an 'Improv Everywhere' prank.
COEXIST

#27 U Tarzan me Jane

U Tarzan me Jane

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:01 PM

Right, I knew this. I wonder if I can do the reverse.

If you are x-rayed, and they don't like what you look like nekkid, they will ALSO pat you down...

Woman: Agents Singled Me Out For My Breasts...

oy.

They aren't every nice to survivors:

TSA pat-down leaves traveler covered in urine
'I was absolutely humiliated,' said bladder cancer survivor

Flight attendant forced to remove prosthetic breast during screening

Didnít I post those in the other thread?
"Common things happen commonly, uncommon things don't. So when you hear hoofbeats, think horses , not zebras."

"Be open minded, But, not so open minded that your brains fall out!"

" I mean how do you greet moshiach if half a baby is hanging out of your hoo ha??" Bird

#28 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:38 PM

It's a perfect setup for an 'Improv Everywhere' prank.

oy!
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

#29 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:20 AM

If you are x-rayed, and they don't like what you look like nekkid, they will ALSO pat you down...

Or if they DO like... did anyone see the SNL skit?

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#30 Short

Short

Humanistic Misanthrope

• Members
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:20 PM

Anyone who thinks the scanners are actually effective is just foolish. There are much better was of detecting explosives. That's why, eventhough most packages are x-rayed, hazards are always detected. You know what does detect the hazards? Dogs. I do not know why the TSA does not just put a couple explosive sniffing dogs at each gate. Personally I would much rather a dog sniff my crotch than a TSA agent.

I thought that dogs can't detect the newer PETN explosives used in the last couple of attempts?
Ask a seismologist why there was a tsunami, don't ask a rabbi. - Moshi

#31 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:46 PM

I thought that dogs can't detect the newer PETN explosives used in the last couple of attempts?

http://tinyurl.com/3ylywuv
http://diag-nose.com...cargo-shipments
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

#32 smishu

smishu

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

I saw this at JFK recently, two frum women in skirts and sheitels were given the pat down, I was half wondering if there was some profiling being done. It was a women officer doing the pat-down, I'd be surprised if they would let a man sheck a woman for lawsuit reasons.

#33 Tel Aviv

Tel Aviv

Gabbai

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:39 AM

I was recently at the airport, and though I passed the scanner test, I was randomly selected for a hand swab test which tests for explosive chemicals residue in the skin.
Sometimes I wonder why some elites work so hard in an unethical manner to gain wealth and power: they can't take any of their wealth and power with them when they die. Philosophically looking at it, if there is a G-d, they will have an eternity of suffering to pay for their crimes against humanity. And if there is no G-d, then once they die, they will have no memories and conscious awareness of their success in life because their consciousness and memories are lost for eternity, becoming nothing more than dirt in the ground. So, these elites in the end lose either way. The 100 years of life living like a king is just a drop of water in the infinite ocean of time that they will experience suffering at the hands of G-d, or not experience in a state of non-existence.

#34 hello kitty

hello kitty

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:58 AM

Talking about the TSA, what about items missing from suitcases that had a label on them that they were checked by the TSA.

#35 Diogenes The Cynic

Diogenes The Cynic

Gabbai

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:40 AM

Dress normally, and request a private screening.
Libertarian. Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.

#36 smishu

smishu

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:44 AM

I was recently at the airport, and though I passed the scanner test, I was randomly selected for a hand swab test which tests for explosive chemicals residue in the skin.

Yeah i've had that too.

Recently for the first time ever, I was patted down at the airport.

#37 proud2beabyer

proud2beabyer

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:18 AM

I went to the airport with another girl for the flight we both happend to choose a shell and a zip up hoodie! We were both pulled to the middle of all the lines and asked to take of the sweaters! We said we cant for religeose reasons.... While in the middle everyone wacthing she unziped and put her hand all around! It wasnt so much her touching EVERY INCH as it was emberrasing infront of the entire airport!! I mean really!!

another time I was on a trip with 15 other friends and all except 1 where told to go throught the scanner!!!!!!!!!!! and it was a man looking, ISNT IT SUPPOSED TO BE A WOMAN LOOKING AT WOMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????
"Man plans and G-D laughs"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users