#21 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:32 AM

Im sure Chassidim who go to Mikvah everyday will have no problem being scanned

I do.

It's not the fact that someone will see me nekked. I don't care about that and would walk through security nekked as far as I'm concerned. It's the blatant invasion of privacy and draconian security measures that contribute very little to actual security that offend me. No one should FORCE me to strip or be fondled for ANY reason, let alone simply to get on a plane...
[/flirting]

#22 Bluelaptop

Bluelaptop

Blackliner

• Members
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:40 AM

Sleeping Beauty came at 4
Her eyes were filled with tears.
"Oh my," she said, "I overslept
About a hundred years."

(Mr. Cuckoo's Clock Shop)

#23 U Tarzan me Jane

U Tarzan me Jane

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:29 AM

I flew to Chicago - It was normal on the way there but I had the backscatter on my return. So did everyone going through security. The TSA agent held me up after I went through and then asked me for a bribe. He was kidding, but he slowed the line, scared me a bit, and joking is really inappropriate. I doubt a bomb joke from me would have been as easily tolerated.

My traveling companion was furious and wanted to get the guy's badge, but I didn't want to start trouble and our flight was leaving in 35 minutes (hour long wait on the security line) so I wanted to get to the gate.

That is horrible!

But won't they find the drugs?

Not if its shoved up his anal cavity... :blink:

Can't wait till some brilliant terrorist blows his butt to kingdom come, then the TSA will preform random cavity searches on nuns and 2 year ols... =@
"Common things happen commonly, uncommon things don't. So when you hear hoofbeats, think horses , not zebras."

"Be open minded, But, not so open minded that your brains fall out!"

" I mean how do you greet moshiach if half a baby is hanging out of your hoo ha??" Bird

#24 International

International

Shtark

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:48 PM

FINALLY ó A great alternative to body . . .scanners at the airports.

The Israelis are developing an airport security device that eliminates the privacy
concerns that come with full-body scanners at the airports.

Itís a booth you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive
device you may have on you.

They see this as a win-win for everyone, with none of the B.S. about racial profiling.

After you hear a muffled explosion, an announcement comes over the PA system....
"Attention standby passengers, we now have a seat available on flight #1818.

It would eliminate the cost of a long and expensive trial. Justice would be swift.

#25 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:56 PM

Cool... link?

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#26 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:37 PM

Cool... link?

its a satire piece
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

#27 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:53 PM

its a satire piece

Cool... link?

Pinchas is right - micha

#28 israeli4ever

israeli4ever

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:41 PM

I just flew through JFK, LAX and las vegas airport, in LAX the backscatters were operational, but we weren't asked to go through.
Besides the fact that its stupid and useless, I don't see why people make such a big deal about it. If it actually helped security, I wouldn't care if some nameless faceless person in some place I can't see, sees me naked.....
Disclaimer: The comments made by this poster do not necessarily represent an actual opinion, they are merely the latest output of an infinite amount of monkeys working on Shakespeare

"Frumkeit without Mentchlichkeit is not Yiddishkeit!" - Razie

"If you don't sin... Jesus died for nothing."

"because teaching is all about obscuration and obfuscation.."
- Snag

#29 Tel Aviv

Tel Aviv

Gabbai

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:31 AM

I've noticed that TSA agents have been very polite in the face of all the opposition, the ones that directly deal with passengers. Kudos for keeping their cool:

TSA photocopies a mans credit cards and other personal documents

<. <!-- . id="ytplayer" class="EmbeddedVideo" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="https://youtube.com/embed/z6HwKzWcpXo?html5=1&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen /><. -->>
Sometimes I wonder why some elites work so hard in an unethical manner to gain wealth and power: they can't take any of their wealth and power with them when they die. Philosophically looking at it, if there is a G-d, they will have an eternity of suffering to pay for their crimes against humanity. And if there is no G-d, then once they die, they will have no memories and conscious awareness of their success in life because their consciousness and memories are lost for eternity, becoming nothing more than dirt in the ground. So, these elites in the end lose either way. The 100 years of life living like a king is just a drop of water in the infinite ocean of time that they will experience suffering at the hands of G-d, or not experience in a state of non-existence.

#30 Village

Village

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:27 AM

went thru LAX and had to go thru the full body scanners..so not a big deal
they said though that if i dont take off my kippah then they would have to pat me down..never heard that one before
The greatest sophistication is trying to figure out how not to be sophisticated - Rebbe Nachman
www.soundcloud.com/kabbalisticvillage - Please take a listen.

#31 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:32 PM

went thru LAX and had to go thru the full body scanners..so not a big deal
they said though that if i dont take off my kippah then they would have to pat me down..never heard that one before

They worried about your kippa? You could hide an AK-47 and a thirty-foot boa constrictor in that beard of yours, and they worried about you kippa?

Posted Image

הַתְקַשֵּׁר מַעֲדַנּוֹת כִּימָה אוֹ-מֹשְׁכוֹת כְּסִיל תְּפַתֵּחַ

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#32 warren

warren

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:25 AM

Since we all (or at least I did) heard stories about the Jewish man who was forced to walk between two lines of thugs with clubs and when he discovered that his kippa fell off voluntarily turned around to pick it up, getting extra beatings along the way, obviously what a person should do given the choice between taking off his kippah and being patted down is to ... I've got nothing, sorry.
Poe's law: without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism

If not now, when? Because I have lunch plans.

Purple is indeed very important

The Uncertainty Principle. It proves we can't ever really know... what's going on. So it shouldn't bother you. Not being able to figure anything out. Although you will be responsible for this on the mid-term. - "A Serious Man"

#33 Village

Village

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

i got patted down in jfk cuz i didnt take off my belt by mistake and they thought i was suspicious ..the guy who patted me down went thru my beard very meticulously
The greatest sophistication is trying to figure out how not to be sophisticated - Rebbe Nachman
www.soundcloud.com/kabbalisticvillage - Please take a listen.

#34 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

i got patted down in jfk cuz i didnt take off my belt by mistake and they thought i was suspicious ..the guy who patted me down went thru my beard very meticulously

Were you makariv him?

Pinchas is right - micha

#35 Xi

Xi

-->

• Banned
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:42 PM

I left my water in my carryon in LHR. Got a real yelling for that -- the security guy just couldn't believe it was a mistake.
Xi is intimidating, in an endearing sort of way. --Gretchen

#36 Tel Aviv

Tel Aviv

Gabbai

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:55 PM

They worried about your kippa? You could hide an AK-47 and a thirty-foot boa constrictor in that beard of yours, and they worried about you kippa?

Posted Image

Well, I'm sure he's just thankful that they didn't ask him to shave.
Sometimes I wonder why some elites work so hard in an unethical manner to gain wealth and power: they can't take any of their wealth and power with them when they die. Philosophically looking at it, if there is a G-d, they will have an eternity of suffering to pay for their crimes against humanity. And if there is no G-d, then once they die, they will have no memories and conscious awareness of their success in life because their consciousness and memories are lost for eternity, becoming nothing more than dirt in the ground. So, these elites in the end lose either way. The 100 years of life living like a king is just a drop of water in the infinite ocean of time that they will experience suffering at the hands of G-d, or not experience in a state of non-existence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users