• Guests

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:52 PM

#2 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:01 PM

All entries must be sent to me for judging. Mailto: C/O of YR228, 7601 147th St, Flushing NY 11367. CoD
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

#3 Belle

Belle

anomaly

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:16 PM

Yay! Good one shuli.
"Belle has the right of it" - Shemmy

"i have come to believe that belle is closer to the truth" - Snag

"Belle is, of course, right." - Razie

#4 Guest_Shuli_*

Guest_Shuli_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:23 AM

#5 Awesome!

Awesome!

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:35 AM

I made cheese latkes yesterday, ill post later bli neder.
hieb oif danne hentelech tsim taten in himel........

#6 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:24 AM

All entries must be sent to me for judging. Mailto: C/O of YR228, 7601 147th St, Flushing NY 11367. CoD

I know that address! That's Chofetz Chaim!

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#7 Rentsy

Rentsy

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,005 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:23 AM

Hahaha! The plot thickens!
רמב"ם הלכות תשובה פרק העשירי, הלכה ב

העובד מאהבה - עוסק בתורה ובמצוות והולך במתיבות החוכמה לא מפני דבר בעולם, לא מפני יראת הרעה ולא כדי לירש הטובה, אלא עושה האמת מפני שהוא אמת

הלכה ג

אהבה גדולה יתרה רבה עזה עד מאד, עד שתהא נפשו קשורה באהבת השם ... וכל שיר השירים משל הוא לענין זה

#8 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:05 PM

Took you long enough - i live about 5 minutes away - you think id post my REAL address on H.com?
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

#9 Awesome!

Awesome!

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:16 AM

Cheese Latkes

Posted Image

They did not taste as good as I thought they would (and I still ate too many) I'm not sure what was missing though. Could be because the recipe called for Farmers cheese which I don't have here, and I used a more liquid y cheese which probably also had a different taste.

#10 Spiffy

Spiffy

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:17 AM

Cheese Latkes

They did not taste as good as I thought they would (and I still ate too many) I'm not sure what was missing though. Could be because the recipe called for Farmers cheese which I don't have here, and I used a more liquid y cheese which probably also had a different taste.

They look beautiful, though :). What did you use instead of farmer's cheese? I've found that the "Tuv Taam" kind of cheese- it comes wrapped in like a wax paper thing, and then wrapped in plastic wrap.
A Jew without good middos is simply incomplete...

Every age is modern to those that live in it

How do you feel when there's no sun? And how will you be when rain clouds come and pull you down again?

Mmmmm, whatcha say?

#11 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:56 AM

Cheese Latkes

Is that legal?

Pinchas is right - micha

#12 greentiger

greentiger

look here!

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:04 PM

broccoli latkes. Didn't hold together so nicely but tasted amazing.
Frying:

Ready:
Attached File  08122010009.jpg   250.36KB   17 downloads
Treat each day as your last; one day you will be right

If a man stands in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

#13 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:16 PM

broccoli latkes.

Is that legal?

Pinchas is right - micha

#14 Guest_Shuli_*

Guest_Shuli_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:19 PM

#15 moe says

moe says

very tans

• Members
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:57 PM

okay, well we made both of these this channukah, but didn't take any pictures or anything. I missed the thread about the challenge, and I don't think we'll be remaking either.

It seems like such a bad idea to put each challenge in its own thread. If there's a dedicated thread to all challenges, at least I know where to look if I'm not around, when a new one goes up.
יושב בשמים ישחק השׁם ילעג למו

#16 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:59 PM

okay, well we made both of these this channukah, but didn't take any pictures or anything. I missed the thread about the challenge, and I don't think we'll be remaking either.

It seems like such a bad idea to put each challenge in its own thread. If there's a dedicated thread to all challenges, at least I know where to look if I'm not around, when a new one goes up.

Or at least post a link in that thread linking to the new challenge.

Pinchas is right - micha

#17 Guest_Shuli_*

Guest_Shuli_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:00 PM

#18 moe says

moe says

very tans

• Members
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:02 PM

There's a dedicated subforum specifically for challenges, but I do believe that this will probably be the last one, since no one seems interested in doing them (beyond belle and rachel b, who both declined to propose another one after the lack of responses to the previous challenges). I specifically picked (boring) challenges this month because I figured EVERYBODY is making latkes, so surely they'll participate in this one. Guess not. I will be continuing them on my blog though, with prizes. Feel free to continue participating there if this fizzles out. /shameless promotion

I'll commit to the next challenge, if you move my whole ramen post there.
יושב בשמים ישחק השׁם ילעג למו

#19 Belle

Belle

anomaly

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:57 PM

I did sweet potato latkes - partly in an attempt to be healthy and partly so that I qualify for this challenge :biggrin: - BUT OMG THEY WERE AMAZING. Seriously, I ate 3 in a row, and that was dinner. Granted, they were fried in a generous amount of oil, but I never dreamed that they could be way better than regular potato latkes.

Will post a pic soon, hopefully.

Big thanks to shuli, bec otherwise I'd never have done that.
"Belle has the right of it" - Shemmy

"i have come to believe that belle is closer to the truth" - Snag

"Belle is, of course, right." - Razie

#20 Awesome!

Awesome!

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:30 AM

There's a dedicated subforum specifically for challenges, but I do believe that this will probably be the last one, since no one seems interested in doing them (beyond belle and rachel b, who both declined to propose another one after the lack of responses to the previous challenges). I specifically picked (boring) challenges this month because I figured EVERYBODY is making latkes, so surely they'll participate in this one. Guess not. I will be continuing them on my blog though, with prizes. Feel free to continue participating there if this fizzles out. /shameless promotion

What am I?? Chopped liver? I believe I did every challenge besides the bread bowl one, which I don't believe anyone did. personally I'm loving this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users