• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#41 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:38 PM

It's okay; it includes a continental breakfast.

For that price it had best also include a happy ending!!!
[/flirting]

#42 Moshi

Moshi

Little Reb Sunshine

• Members
  • 21,046 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:10 AM

ooh. go to mangoes in south beach at night! it's really fun. seriously.

i like your taste :rofl:

It is a nice hotel. But not worth $340 and the location is just ok.

LOTS AND LOTS of frummies in the hotels around 41st street. Really funny.
The L-rd may not come when you call, but He's always on time. -Lemon Andersen

Kabel et ha-emet mi-mi she-omro.

"All is by the hand of Heaven, except colds and fevers" -Ketubot 30a.

~My Blog~

#43 Village

Village

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:11 AM

I dont think the food is kosher in the fountain blue.......i remember sneaking in there from the boardwalk and 2 cops waiting in the bushes to catch us..what fun!
The greatest sophistication is trying to figure out how not to be sophisticated - Rebbe Nachman
www.soundcloud.com/kabbalisticvillage - Please take a listen.

#44 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:09 PM

LOTS AND LOTS of frummies in the hotels around 41st street miami. Really funny.

"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

#45 TheShamash

TheShamash

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:16 PM

I dont think the food is kosher in the fountain blue.......i remember sneaking in there from the boardwalk and 2 cops waiting in the bushes to catch us..what fun!

It used to be much easier to get in. It's still pretty easy, you just have to know how to do it.

ETA: It's around 77 here, right now.

#46 smishu

smishu

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:05 AM

What about weather in february?

#47 TheShamash

TheShamash

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:06 AM

What about weather in february?

A little warmer considering the sun has been warming up for an extra month already.

#48 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:23 AM

A little warmer considering the sun has been warming up for an extra month already.

i miss florida Posted Image (i keep saying this every winter)
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

#49 TheShamash

TheShamash

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:27 AM

i miss florida Posted Image (i keep saying this every winter)

Yeah, and I picked the best week to miss being in New York.

#50 smishu

smishu

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

I can't wait!

#51 Moshi

Moshi

Little Reb Sunshine

• Members
  • 21,046 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:47 AM

We had a great time. The weather was hovering between 65 and 75, always sunny, except for literally 10 seconds one evening when huge raindrops came down out of nowhere as we were walking through the cafes on Lincoln Road. Literally 10 seconds later it was all gone. It was like someone in shamayim just dumped a cup of water on us.

We saw alligators :thumbsup: Although I don't recommend the air boat tour. It's way too loud and you don't really feel like you're in nature so much. But I've never seen a live wild alligator, and here I saw a whole bunch. That alone was worth the trip to Miami.

Stayed at a nice historic hotel called "The Hotel" in South Beach, and then for Shabbat at another historic (and much less expensive) hotel called The Claridge which is on 35th St, right near all the kosher stuff and shuls.

The Claridge upgraded us to a Penthouse, which has a huge rooftop patio, you open the patio doors and you see the ocean. Very cool. The whole place is done in Spanish style. It was $119/night. The parking is in the apartment building in the back. The manager told us that the building offered them parking because most of its residents don't have cars -- "some sort of religious thing that they don't use electricity or something" [Translation: most of the residents are elderly chassidim]

There's a chassidishe shtiebel next door.

We davened at this crazy enormous and chaotic community Chabad shul that also serves Shabbos lunch, and someone from the shul invited us for dinner. :thumbsup:

(There's also a Chabad shul called Beis Menachem for real Lubavitchers, but my wife was the only woman there on Friday night, so we left)

Best food places:

Tasti D-Lite. 45 minute wait in the morning though, but worth it! I think it's cholov stam though, so all the real frummies go to a bagel place on block over which is just as crowded, but the food is...... heimishe?

West Avenue Cafe -- outdoor seating, really healthy food, unbelievable burgers, great service. Basically an amazing restaurant for dinner in South Beach. I forgot it was a kosher place.

Pita Loca in South Beach -- right in the center of South Beach night life. Run by a Chabad guy, and open late at night. :thumbsup:

Best nightlife experience:
OMG. Delano hotel. The entire first floor of this ultra-posh place is filled with couches, and dreamy white curtains. Now, if you are dressed in $500 suits, and are a woman 6 ft tall (at least in heels) you will feel right at home here. Us, we just could not believe the scene, and were just walking around and looking. and looking. and looking. I've never been anywhere quite this posh. Without spending a penny, mind you. Outside, Lamborginis and Rolls Royces were pulling up. They have some live music, too. Apparently Tuesday night is their "best night", which is when we were there. Certainly not a place where I would go every day (I don't even want to know how much a drink there costs!), but it was quite an experience.

[Oh and Mangos, but that's for another thread :)]

~My Blog~

#52 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

WHY did i move to NY???? Posted Image

#53 Psychodad

Psychodad

• Members
  • 7,376 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:24 PM

#54 Guest_miri_*

Guest_miri_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:32 PM

[Oh and Mangos, but that's for another thread :)]

My biggest regret from my last Miami trip is not going to Mangoes.

#55 Psychodad

Psychodad

• Members
  • 7,376 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

#56 Guest_miri_*

Guest_miri_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:41 PM

Based on this place's website, I'm very shocked at some of the h.com members mentioning it. Wow.

Holy cow, now I am too! Everything I heard about it was word of mouth, as just a fun salsa bar. Now that I checked out their website, yowza.

#57 Psychodad

Psychodad

• Members
  • 7,376 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:44 PM

#58 Guest_miri_*

Guest_miri_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:49 PM

We almost thought you were pining for a night of body shots off the shaved chests of hunky men.

You make it sound so delectable.

#59 Moshi

Moshi

Little Reb Sunshine

• Members
  • 21,046 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:27 PM

Based on this place's website, I'm very shocked at some of the h.com members mentioning it. Wow.

The website is a bit over the top.

~My Blog~

#60 Psychodad

Psychodad

• Members
  • 7,376 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:40 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users