• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 mosheshmeal

mosheshmeal

Verisimilitudinous

• Members
  • 11,141 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:50 PM

Oh, sitting and drinking tasty alcoholic beverages with beautiful women ranks very high on my list. However, I am a university teacher. I get to do that all the time, and sometimes my wife and children are with us.

Ah. Such a baal gaaveh!

yet you spend time on hashkfah.com because.....?

Less distractions from hot chicks.

'I'm a woman, Mary. I can be as contrary as I choose.'

~ Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham

#82 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:59 PM

Less distractions from hot chicks.

I wouldnt mind being distracted by one right now.....
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

#83 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:15 PM

Not that I have spent that much time in NYC, but I do recall a good-looking woman or two there......

Ah. Such a baal gaaveh!

I just wanted to make sure that y'all understand that my job is not only about corrupting young minds with teachings about evolution and other heresies.

Did I mention that i have an upcoming conference in Eilat?

Posted Image

הַתְקַשֵּׁר מַעֲדַנּוֹת כִּימָה אוֹ-מֹשְׁכוֹת כְּסִיל תְּפַתֵּחַ

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#84 mosheshmeal

mosheshmeal

Verisimilitudinous

• Members
  • 11,141 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:44 PM

I just wanted to make sure that y'all understand that my job is not only about corrupting young minds with teachings about evolution and other heresies.

Did I mention that i have an upcoming conference in Eilat?

Posted Image

You see what the yetzer horeh does? First he makes you a tziyoiny, then the rest just happens.

Oiy vaiy.

Don't hang around on H, for starters...

'I'm a woman, Mary. I can be as contrary as I choose.'

~ Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham

#85 smishu

smishu

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:29 PM

Miami people, if the forecast is 40% rain, does that usually mean it will rain all day or not really in Miami? Also if the forecast is 50s-low 70s will it feel chilly while I'm there? Thanks!

#86 Psychodad

Psychodad

• Members
  • 7,376 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:52 PM

#87 Moshi

Moshi

Little Reb Sunshine

• Members
  • 21,046 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:53 PM

Miami people, if the forecast is 40% rain, does that usually mean it will rain all day or not really in Miami? Also if the forecast is 50s-low 70s will it feel chilly while I'm there? Thanks!

Ask your mom!
The L-rd may not come when you call, but He's always on time. -Lemon Andersen

Kabel et ha-emet mi-mi she-omro.

"All is by the hand of Heaven, except colds and fevers" -Ketubot 30a.

~My Blog~

#88 smishu

smishu

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:02 PM

Is this a real post?

Yup. In some more tropical places when it says 40% rain that really means quick showers throughout the day, not rain all day, and I wanted to know if thats true.

I guess I am surprised, thought it would be warmer.

#89 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:11 PM

it rarely rains the whole entire day in miami, usually its heavy downpours mixed with sun (on succos, coming home from shul it was a little overcast, suddenly it started pouring like the mabul. 15 minutes later it was over, although we had some more scattered downpours throughout the day).
50's-70's means wear a light sweater or jacket in miami, it warms up pretty quickly in the morning.

Yup. In some more tropical places when it says 40% rain that really means quick showers throughout the day, not rain all day, and I wanted to know if thats true.

I guess I am surprised, thought it would be warmer.

Miami is sub-tropical. In the summer, youre more likely to have sun mixed with downpours due to hurricane season producing heavy tropical systems. In the winter its more likely to be sustained rain, or a few long showers. Check the hourly forecast to make sure
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

#90 adiel

adiel

Gabbai

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:12 PM

when they say something like 40% rain, they mean that 40% of a region will have enough moisture to produce rain. it's not a 40% CHANCE of rain as if you were going to flip a coin and gets TAILS 40% of the time.
We are the music makers , and we are the dreamers of the dreams. - Willy Wonka

What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve. - Napoleon Hill

Frumkeit without Mentchlichkeit is not Yiddishkeit!

#91 smishu

smishu

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:35 PM

it rarely rains the whole entire day in miami, usually its heavy downpours mixed with sun (on succos, coming home from shul it was a little overcast, suddenly it started pouring like the mabul. 15 minutes later it was over, although we had some more scattered downpours throughout the day).
50's-70's means wear a light sweater or jacket in miami, it warms up pretty quickly in the morning.

Miami is sub-tropical. In the summer, youre more likely to have sun mixed with downpours due to hurricane season producing heavy tropical systems. In the winter its more likely to be sustained rain, or a few long showers. Check the hourly forecast to make sure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users