3 replies to this topic

#1 JohnII

JohnII

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:41 PM

Shalom

I was just wondering:

Hypothetically speaking, if a new convert to Judaism were to migrate to Israel, would they be fully accepted?

If not, what forms of discrimination might they face?

Is it easy to remain in Israel once you've arrived?

Thank you!

#2 rvn2590

rvn2590

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:34 PM

The conversion would be scrutinized by the Rabbinical authorities and determined to be authentic or not which would affect personal status issues like being allowed to marry in Israel, burial in a Jewish cemetery, etc. Dealing with the other government bureaucracies and the general public there is more widespread acceptance or indifference to converts. For citizenship coming from almost all
countries it will not be an issue.
טובה הארץ מאד מאד

Rav Tal "The evil forces of the world are the leftists who act against sanctity."

#3 JohnII

JohnII

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:04 PM

The conversion would be scrutinized by the Rabbinical authorities and determined to be authentic or not which would affect personal status issues like being allowed to marry in Israel, burial in a Jewish cemetery, etc. Dealing with the other government bureaucracies and the general public there is more widespread acceptance or indifference to converts. For citizenship coming from almost all
countries it will not be an issue.

Thank you so much for this information!

#4 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:14 PM

you would need "proof" of your conversion by the Beis Din that 'authorized' it. Ask for a signed, sealed (and notarized) certificate, as well as at least one nationally-recognized reference. If you have any specific questions, I would suggest posting at aish.com, they deal with this stuff better. Or ask the rabbi of a local chabad or orthodox shul

you would need "proof" of your conversion by the Beis Din that 'authorized' it. Ask for a signed, sealed (and notarized) certificate, as well as at least one nationally-recognized reference. If you have any specific questions, I would suggest posting at aish.com, they deal with this stuff better. Or ask the rabbi of a local chabad or orthodox shul
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users