• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Belle

Belle

anomaly

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:39 AM

Oh thanks a lot for the scan. Will try to read it soon, I can't zoom on the h iPhone app.
"Belle has the right of it" - Shemmy

"i have come to believe that belle is closer to the truth" - Snag

"Belle is, of course, right." - Razie

#22 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:39 PM

:angry: not mekabel.

You don't have to follow through wiht the deal.
The way it works is husband has to give you anything you need (physically, emotionally, in private rooms of your home, etc.) if you give him all of your possessions.

You can keep your possessions, but then he isn't obligated to make sure all of your needs are met.
Many people wish they could change their life, when all they really need to do is change their attitude towards life. - Sharon

#23 israeli4ever

israeli4ever

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:55 PM

You don't have to follow through wiht the deal.
The way it works is husband has to give you anything you need (physically, emotionally, in private rooms of your home, etc.) if you give him all of your possessions.

You can keep your possessions, but then he isn't obligated to make sure all of your needs are met.

And its up to the wife to decide which way she wants... Because the entire gezeirah of him taking her earnings, but supporting her, was written as a way to make sure she is provided for
Disclaimer: The comments made by this poster do not necessarily represent an actual opinion, they are merely the latest output of an infinite amount of monkeys working on Shakespeare

"Frumkeit without Mentchlichkeit is not Yiddishkeit!" - Razie

"If you don't sin... Jesus died for nothing."

"because teaching is all about obscuration and obfuscation.."
- Snag

#24 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:52 AM

And its up to the wife to decide which way she wants... Because the entire gezeirah of him taking her earnings, but supporting her, was written as a way to make sure she is provided for

Correct. This is why I told Belle she doesn't have to follow through with it. I did not tell Belle's husband that he has a choice.
Many people wish they could change their life, when all they really need to do is change their attitude towards life. - Sharon

#25 israeli4ever

israeli4ever

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:28 AM

Correct. This is why I told Belle she doesn't have to follow through with it. I did not tell Belle's husband that he has a choice.

I wasnt disagreeing, i was making sure that clarity was had by all...
Disclaimer: The comments made by this poster do not necessarily represent an actual opinion, they are merely the latest output of an infinite amount of monkeys working on Shakespeare

- Snag

#26 mediabias

mediabias

Hocker

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:00 PM

I have never heard that a wife's earnings belong to her husband. this is so backwards and wrong, that i too am not mekable. I would never expect this of my wife (when that happens)
Feed victims of terror in Israel: Ohr Meir & Bracha
terror-victims.org.il

#27 israeli4ever

israeli4ever

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:23 PM

I have never heard that a wife's earnings belong to her husband. this is so backwards and wrong, that i too am not mekable. I would never expect this of my wife (when that happens)

Try learning Mishna and Gemara from time to time....

- Snag

#28 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:48 AM

So you're not planning on giving your wife a ksuvah?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users