• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Moshi

Moshi

Little Reb Sunshine

• Members
  • 21,046 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 12:44 PM

Funnily enough, I started a thread earlier about a Miami vacation, but now it appears that I'm going there for work first week of January.
During the week I will be working all daylight hours near the airport. I won't be able to fly back on Friday before Shabbat, which means that I'll be spending it by myself there.

1) What is the best location to spend Shabbos, where you can spend a few hours walking around in a nice area, maybe sitting by the water, etc.?

2) Are there any shuls known for shabbat hospitality -- or communal meals? Maybe meals at Chabad?

3) Are there restaurants that give good takeout for Shabbos / will deliver food?

Actually food delivery will be good during the week, too -- I'm not sure I'll have a car there. hmm.

Any advice?
The L-rd may not come when you call, but He's always on time. -Lemon Andersen

Kabel et ha-emet mi-mi she-omro.

"All is by the hand of Heaven, except colds and fevers" -Ketubot 30a.

~My Blog~

#2 Village

Village

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:16 PM

some of the jewish hotels/nursing homes have meals on shabbos

there is also a restaraunt on collins in Tower 41 i think that has meals..make reservations.I ate there once with my family

check like a jewish travel website.

There is minyanim and you can walk on the boardwalk
The greatest sophistication is trying to figure out how not to be sophisticated - Rebbe Nachman
www.soundcloud.com/kabbalisticvillage - Please take a listen.

#3 Psychodad

Psychodad

• Members
  • 7,376 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:08 PM

#4 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:05 PM

are you staying in fort lauderdale or miami? Miami Beach is the place to go, and theres a lot of hachnossos orchim there. The lakewood kollel has a nice minyan, and Beth Jacob is a very big shul. If youre going to be closer to fort lauderdale airport, id reccomend you stay in Hollywood - there are 3 shuls within easy walking there: Young Israel of Hollywood/Ft Lauderdale, Aish Hatorah and Chabad of Emerald Hills.

be more specific and i can PM you names of people on hachnasos orchim committees.
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

#5 Moshi

Moshi

Little Reb Sunshine

• Members
  • 21,046 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:19 AM

are you staying in fort lauderdale or miami? Miami Beach is the place to go, and theres a lot of hachnossos orchim there. The lakewood kollel has a nice minyan, and Beth Jacob is a very big shul. If youre going to be closer to fort lauderdale airport, id reccomend you stay in Hollywood - there are 3 shuls within easy walking there: Young Israel of Hollywood/Ft Lauderdale, Aish Hatorah and Chabad of Emerald Hills.

be more specific and i can PM you names of people on hachnasos orchim committees.

i'm staying by the Miami Int'l airport. do you know anything about the Chabad there? Seems like there's a Chabad in South beach that has meals and services at the Savoy Hotel. Maybe I'll just do that?

~My Blog~

#6 Village

Village

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

the airport is far from the beach are or south beach i think..u may have to stay closer
The greatest sophistication is trying to figure out how not to be sophisticated - Rebbe Nachman

#7 Moshi

Moshi

Little Reb Sunshine

• Members
  • 21,046 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:44 PM

the airport is far from the beach are or south beach i think..u may have to stay closer

yes, i know, i'm staying by the airport all week for work. then i would have to get a new hotel for shabbat.

~My Blog~

#8 Village

Village

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:45 PM

yea thats what i was thinking..the Ramada is chilling..check it out

#9 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:01 PM

i'm staying by the Miami Int'l airport. do you know anything about the Chabad there? Seems like there's a Chabad in South beach that has meals and services at the Savoy Hotel. Maybe I'll just do that?

http://www.chabadinsouthbeach.com/
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users