23 replies to this topic

#21 Short

Short

Humanistic Misanthrope

• Members
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:02 PM

those hanging beaded curtain things?

I like. Would it look weird with a fabric liner underneath?

it depends on your own personal style, as well as what your home looks like. It can be fancy or modern, a busy pattern or a classic striped one. You can do anything.

The first one is OK, the second drape-y one would look too out-of-place. The room is modern-meets-ugly-meets-Southwest. My taste also tends towards contemporary and anything with fabric folds, nuhuh. It's gotta hang relatively flat, if it hangs at all.

embrace the appliance, and turn your whole apartment into an awesome souped up laundry room.

:biggrin:

Not true. If you want to, you can bring water and gas to where it is. If you choose a bathroom, you have water already. If you go for an electric dryer, rather than gas, then you just need the dedicated line. I have an electric dryer. We really like it.

Why in thunder would I shell out money to drag the hookup somewhere else when there's a perfectly good alcove with the hookups? [doesn't get it]

The next time someone complains that their kitchen is small and asks for organizing tips, are you going to recommend that they move their kitchen into their bedroom?

How about roller blinds?

Might cost too much. Also, the problem with window blinds/shades is that standard sizes don't usually extend past 64" length or so, and since this is a Maytag stacked washer/dryer, the opening it's in is over 7 feet high. Regular blinds would reach partly down, which would look weird, and custom blinds are expensive.

Has anyone seen fabric "panels", by IKEA etc.? Like these? You can mix n match several of them on one rod.
Ask a seismologist why there was a tsunami, don't ask a rabbi. - Moshi

#22 Belle

Belle

anomaly

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:08 PM

The next time someone complains that their kitchen is small and asks for organizing tips, are you going to recommend that they move their kitchen into their bedroom?

You can line up your toilets at the kitchen table and get rid of your bathrooms :pardon:
"Belle has the right of it" - Shemmy

"i have come to believe that belle is closer to the truth" - Snag

"Belle is, of course, right." - Razie

#23 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:11 AM

If people can afford to redo rooms, why not?

Short, listen, I have a stackable in a closet. Let me tell you, when you're transferring the clothes from the washer to the dryer, it's hard enough to keep the dryer door from closing and/or banging you in the head, much less with a curtain in the way.
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#24 Short

Short

Humanistic Misanthrope

• Members
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:03 PM

If people can afford to redo rooms, why not?

Short, listen, I have a stackable in a closet. Let me tell you, when you're transferring the clothes from the washer to the dryer, it's hard enough to keep the dryer door from closing and/or banging you in the head, much less with a curtain in the way.

Mine's in an alcove, not a closet. There's significant room in the side of the washer/dryer for a curtain to be pulled aside and not be in the way (but not enough for sliding doors)
Ask a seismologist why there was a tsunami, don't ask a rabbi. - Moshi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users