Your Last Purchase

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 ArielBA

ArielBA

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

What dose a modern jew wear today? Comeon and inspire the rest of us with your latest purchase.
Write a short review (if you feel like it). Manufacturer, modelname, colour and so on...

I´ll go first. My latest ourchase was a new winter jacket from the swedish company Fjällräven (translates to: The Arctic Fox)
Great jacket for cold and snowy winter days. Reaches half way down to my keens and have more pocket space then I need. Worth every penny.

Not me in pic (sadly).
Posted Image

Company: Fjällräven
Model: Greenland Parka
Colour: Dark Olive
I <3 shiksas

#2 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:21 PM

2 bistretch, on sale, Khaki skirts for work.

I don't know how to add a picture.
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#3 greentiger

greentiger

look here!

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:32 PM

corderoy overalls size 24 months. :p

For me it was a couple of sweaters but thats boring and i'll pretend its my new sketchers tone-up boots. Mega comfy btw.
Treat each day as your last; one day you will be right

If a man stands in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

#4 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

Black velvet skullcap, 6 sections, with brim size 9...
[/flirting]

#5 TimeRebbe

TimeRebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:54 PM

socks from target.

but before the xmas, i bought this from Macy's:

Posted Image

twice as warm as that old coat i was wearing, and stylish enough to wear pretty much everywhere - it goes with casual or formal pretty easily. And did i mention its warm?
"10 a.m. - We begin our descent. On the way down, Chief of Landfills Thorne informs us that Mount Trashmore contains - I am not making this up - human body parts AND dead whales." -Dave Barry
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
"I guess the problem is that I think most people are idiots (granted, WELL MEANING idiots)" --KR

#6 ArielBA

ArielBA

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

socks from target.

but before the xmas, i bought this from Macy's:

[img]

twice as warm as that old coat i was wearing, and stylish enough to wear pretty much everywhere - it goes with casual or formal pretty easily. And did i mention its warm?

Nice one timerebbe, real nice!
I <3 shiksas

#7 happyduck1979

happyduck1979

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:18 PM

New bathrobe. Purple. Pretty. Makes me happy. Other than that my mom sent me 2 WARM maternity sweaters since I could not find anything really warm here and I have been freezing.
"Don't listen to people who try to defend what God has done to you. God is a big boy. He can take care of himself. You take care of you"-unknown comforting visitor after we lost Gabbi

Empty Cradle, Empty Heart My thoughts, rants against God, and prayers after have a still birth of a very wanted little girl in February of 2011.
Why I choose to put private information in a public location

Our Aliya Blog Lots of pictures.
Yes, still another blog. This one is about quick kosher cooking and is more like my personal recipe box
Coming soon. A blog to keep track of my other blogs.

New Site. New Stuff. New Sales. Swirsky Designs

#8 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:18 PM

Proud member of the "I don't always wait until I finish reading the thread to respond" club.

Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not; and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad. ~ Robert C. Savage

#9 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:26 PM

I can't remember the last piece of clothing I've purchased. I'm not sure if that's a bad sign of my memory or a good sign of not spending money?
Many people wish they could change their life, when all they really need to do is change their attitude towards life. - Sharon

#10 Xi

Xi

-->

• Banned
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:40 PM

Come to tonight's meet and find out...
Xi is intimidating, in an endearing sort of way. --Gretchen

#11 Bluelaptop

Bluelaptop

Blackliner

• Members
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:53 PM

Sleeping Beauty came at 4
Her eyes were filled with tears.
"Oh my," she said, "I overslept
About a hundred years."

(Mr. Cuckoo's Clock Shop)

#12 Peanuts

Peanuts

Gabbai

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:16 PM

Posted Image

Nice jeans!

#13 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:40 PM

So you'd be accepted in skver cheder.

I seriously doubt that cheder kids are wearing size 9... :unsure:
[/flirting]

#14 ookamikun

ookamikun

Abu Suleiman

• Members
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:46 PM

Croccasins. Coming tomorrow, just in time for the new blizzard.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't
blog.ookamikun.com
@ookamikun

Jury Duty
Just because it's spellchecked, doesn't mean it's correct.

#15 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

Proud member of the "I don't always wait until I finish reading the thread to respond" club.

Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not; and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad. ~ Robert C. Savage

#16 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:14 PM

Firstly, I'm not so sure. They're similar to tosher tents yarmulkas. Secondly, it doesn't matter, as long as it's sixslice.

Even the POPE wears a six slice... :rolleyes:
[/flirting]

#17 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:39 PM

#18 greentiger

greentiger

look here!

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:35 PM

but does it have a ribbon? You know that not having a seret on your kipa will lead you to see a seret. Don't say you weren't warned.
Treat each day as your last; one day you will be right

If a man stands in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

#19 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:45 PM

Six pairs of pants from LL Bean. Took advantage of relatives coming for a hachnasat sefer Torah.

Posted Image

Dang! Amazon sells everything these days!

How much did she cost?

הַתְקַשֵּׁר מַעֲדַנּוֹת כִּימָה אוֹ-מֹשְׁכוֹת כְּסִיל תְּפַתֵּחַ

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#20 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:52 AM

but does it have a ribbon? You know that not having a seret on your kipa will lead you to see a seret. Don't say you weren't warned.

Of course, what kind of a sheigetz do you think I am (that's what I meant by "brim", I don't know how to say seret in English)??? And it's TRUE, my last kipa did NOT have a seret and I ended up in the movies TWICE after not being for well over 10 years :bigcry:

Though the authentic girsa is you'll end up in a seret without a kipa, so so far that hasn't happened. I seem to have caught it in time...
[/flirting]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users