Hi, ask me questions about The Garden of Eden

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 SquirrelTown Ger

SquirrelTown Ger

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:00 AM

This information is both astoundingly unacademic and wildly inaccurate. It is my sincere hope, having studied archaeology in college, that no one read this and think even for a second that the ideas in the OP represent in any way anything resembling archaeology. it is in fact a great example of everything that archaeologists dont do and take great pains to distance themselves from.

I spell archaeology the british way, but rest assured i am american.
It's hip to be (a) ger.

#22 brianna

brianna

Sanctimonious Pleasure Seeker

• Members
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:34 AM

it is in fact a great example of everything that archaeologists dont do and take great pains to distance themselves from.

For those of us who are unfamiliar with archeology please explain.
Certainly there is no shortage of married, left-wing harlots who do not cover their hair. Although, they're probably busy sacrificing their children to Ba‛al and filing divorce papers. ~ Milton

"Are you including as shomer negiya someone who is sleeping with his girlfriend but not shaking hands with the car dealer?" ~ Moshi

"Some people like their corn flakes soggy, other people get off on repression and guilt." ~ Sweet

Notice of New Policy: I now ask people permission before using their quotes.

#23 33948

Shtark

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:13 AM

Well anyway I thought the Garden of Eden was between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers which are still on the map.

The garden would probably be desert now, there has been significant climate change over the generations and the area is not more arid. Modern day Eden would be somewhere around modern Iraq, which is also the location of babylon.

I thought adam and eve were the first seed of Jews. For there were other people created before them. proto-jews I guess.

#24 techno

techno

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:35 PM

I thought Adam & Eve got thrown out of the Garden of Eden. I'm offended my forefathers were treated in such a shameful manner, so I'm not going back, heritage site or no heritage site!
Webmaster of a multi faith website forum encouraging informed debate between different religions.

#25 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:43 PM

<. <!-- . id="ytplayer" class="EmbeddedVideo" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="https://youtube.com/embed/-4QnVoH8omw?html5=1&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen /><. -->>

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users