• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 cholentpot

cholentpot

Stalker Eater

• Members
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:04 AM

My wife and I are looking to take 2 weeks off from work and go out in the summer somewhere(out of the country) and have some adventure. Anyone got any suggestions for places(kosher food a plus)? I am leaning towards Costa Rica at the moment.

#2 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:14 AM

My wife and I are looking to take 2 weeks off from work and go out in the summer somewhere(out of the country) and have some adventure. Anyone got any suggestions for places(kosher food a plus)? I am leaning towards Costa Rica at the moment.

HAWAII! HAWAII! HAWAII!

It was the best vacation that I ever took, and it's the most gorgeous place in in the world. If you fly to Oahu (which I think is where the non-stop flights go), then there is a local chabad in a hotel there, with lots of guests on Shabbos. They have most kosher food available in stores, besides for meat/chicken. I highly recommend. I can send you a list of activities/places to visit if you want - PM me if you're interested.

#3 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:32 AM

I've heard good things about Costa Rico and it's kosher amenities.
Many people wish they could change their life, when all they really need to do is change their attitude towards life. - Sharon

#4 Guest_miri_*

Guest_miri_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:41 AM

Costa Rica is supposed to be the place to go for affordable adventure+beautiful scenery. The problem is that things are very spaced out, so be prepared for long drives.

I've been to Hawaii and highly recommend it, but it's a bit of a shlep to get there.

#5 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:45 PM

I've been to Hawaii and highly recommend it, but it's a bit of a shlep to get there.

Who ever said that anything wonderful in life was easy? :)

#6 goyishrebbe

goyishrebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:40 PM

Costa Rica is a lovely country. My wife and I had a great time there two years ago. However, driving around is tricky because road signs there aren't good. Also, while the Costa Ricans overall are nice, the Jewish community is not particularly welcoming.

#7 cholentpot

cholentpot

Stalker Eater

• Members
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:04 AM

HAWAII! HAWAII! HAWAII!

It was the best vacation that I ever took, and it's the most gorgeous place in in the world. If you fly to Oahu (which I think is where the non-stop flights go), then there is a local chabad in a hotel there, with lots of guests on Shabbos. They have most kosher food available in stores, besides for meat/chicken. I highly recommend. I can send you a list of activities/places to visit if you want - PM me if you're interested.

We went a few months ago and felt that New Zealand was more scenic but agree it is an amazing place to visit.

Costa Rica is a lovely country. My wife and I had a great time there two years ago. However, driving around is tricky because road signs there aren't good. Also, while the Costa Ricans overall are nice, the Jewish community is not particularly welcoming.

To foreigners or thats just the general feeling?

Costa Rica is supposed to be the place to go for affordable adventure+beautiful scenery. The problem is that things are very spaced out, so be prepared for long drives.

Driving is not an issue for me, I drove in Nigeria I can drive anywhere.

#8 jewess

jewess

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:37 AM

Maldives.

#9 cynic

cynic

Godol Hador

• Banned
  • 6,642 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:39 AM

Alaska, this time of year.

#10 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:56 AM

Africa.
Victoria Falls is certainly something to see.
You could also go on safari and include both the Serengeti and get a good view of Kilimanjaro.

הַתְקַשֵּׁר מַעֲדַנּוֹת כִּימָה אוֹ-מֹשְׁכוֹת כְּסִיל תְּפַתֵּחַ

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#11 cholentpot

cholentpot

Stalker Eater

• Members
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:21 PM

Africa.
Victoria Falls is certainly something to see.
You could also go on safari and include both the Serengeti and get a good view of Kilimanjaro.

I grew up in South Africa so been there a few times and was just at Kruger National Park a few months ago.

Maldives.

Any specific reason?

Alaska, this time of year.

Anywhere warm?

#12 smishu

smishu

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:48 AM

Yes, more info on Costa Rica please, I'm also thinking of heading there this August.

#13 Guest_miri_*

Guest_miri_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:53 AM

Costa Rica is a lovely country. My wife and I had a great time there two years ago.

:) That makes me happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users