• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:19 AM

I am aware I am only a decade or so behind the rest of humanity, but I just discovered Amazon.com for saving money.

What items have you purchased on amazon.com?

So far all I've done is diapers, wipes and snack baggies. Looking for what else I can do and actually save money on gas, at store, time, etc.
Many people wish they could change their life, when all they really need to do is change their attitude towards life. - Sharon

#2 Guest_miri_*

Guest_miri_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:26 AM

Cereal!

#3 Xi

Xi

-->

• Banned
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:49 AM

Books.
Xi is intimidating, in an endearing sort of way. --Gretchen

#4 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

perfume for my wife. purim costumes
"Spiritual wants and instincts are as various in the human family as are physical appetites, complexions, and features, and a man is only at his best, morally, when he is equipped with the religious garment whose color and shape and size most nicely accommodate themselves to the spiritual complexion, angularities, and stature of the individual who wears it."

"The despotism of heaven is the one absolutely perfect government. An earthly despotism would be the absolutely perfect earthly government, if the conditions were the same; namely, the despot the perfectest individual of the human race, and his lease of life perpetual. But as a perishable perfect man must die, and leave his despotism in the hands of an imperfect successor, an earthly despotism is not merely a bad form of government, it is the worst form that is possible."

-Mark Twain

#5 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:00 AM

Fruit leathers. Fruit ropes. Used clothes, costumes, books, computer stuff. Watches.
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#6 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:24 PM

Crystal Light
[/flirting]

#7 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:54 PM

Proud member of the "I don't always wait until I finish reading the thread to respond" club.

Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not; and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad. ~ Robert C. Savage

#8 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

My Mint Cleaner.

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#9 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:25 PM

I use Fragrancenet.com for perfumes. They have great prices, ridiculous sales, and they sell sample vials of many perfumes for a buck or two. You can get free shipping codes as well. If you go through this link, you get an additional 10% off.

thanks.
"Spiritual wants and instincts are as various in the human family as are physical appetites, complexions, and features, and a man is only at his best, morally, when he is equipped with the religious garment whose color and shape and size most nicely accommodate themselves to the spiritual complexion, angularities, and stature of the individual who wears it."

"The despotism of heaven is the one absolutely perfect government. An earthly despotism would be the absolutely perfect earthly government, if the conditions were the same; namely, the despot the perfectest individual of the human race, and his lease of life perpetual. But as a perishable perfect man must die, and leave his despotism in the hands of an imperfect successor, an earthly despotism is not merely a bad form of government, it is the worst form that is possible."

-Mark Twain

#10 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

Electronics. Amazon apparently sells more cameras than other famous camera/electronic sites, including B&H, which is one the top internet sales sites in the world.

#11 mediabias

mediabias

Hocker

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:49 AM

get Amazon Prime. its free for students (i think) and $79 a year for everyone else. you get free 2 day shipping on any item that says prime, plus free access to a lot of movies to watch instantly.
Feed victims of terror in Israel: Ohr Meir & Bracha
terror-victims.org.il

#12 Bet Chesed

Bet Chesed

Gabbai

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:32 AM

I am aware I am only a decade or so behind the rest of humanity, but I just discovered Amazon.com for saving money.

What items have you purchased on amazon.com?

So far all I've done is diapers, wipes and snack baggies. Looking for what else I can do and actually save money on gas, at store, time, etc.

Almost everything other than produce. I have an Amazon credit card too. I think there will only be a year or two before they start having to charge tax though. Our country is too far in debt to let them continue their tax loophole practices. So take advantage of the savings while you can!
Blessed be all

#13 Guest_Shuli_*

Guest_Shuli_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:02 PM

#14 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:45 AM

I don't pay for Prime but the groceries I buy, which are always fabulously priced, almost always ship to me the next day without having to pay any extra shipping charges (I buy usually Subscribe and Save, which is disconted AND free shipping).
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#15 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:09 AM

coffee roaster, grinder, french press, double-walled coffee cups, book on home roasting - didn't save a ton, but was able to buy it all in one place, and no shlepping

vegetable cutters, bento boxes, book on bento making - bento stuff is hard to find locally and really expensive online, so savings here were great, and selection better

15 lb of cat food, 24 13-oz cans cat food - I think it's understood that this is super convenient to have delivered when I don't have a car (and far, far cheaper!)

lory nectar - specialized pet food, nobody sells it locally (yay, amazon!)

How come I see a very common theme here?
Many people wish they could change their life, when all they really need to do is change their attitude towards life. - Sharon

#16 Moshi

Moshi

Little Reb Sunshine

• Members
  • 21,046 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:57 AM

I hate buying items there that i might end up having to return, especially if they're bulky.

Returning to online stores except Zappos is a pain.
The L-rd may not come when you call, but He's always on time. -Lemon Andersen

Kabel et ha-emet mi-mi she-omro.

"All is by the hand of Heaven, except colds and fevers" -Ketubot 30a.

~My Blog~

#17 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:27 AM

I hate buying items there that i might end up having to return, especially if they're bulky.

Returning to online stores except Zappos is a pain.

I only buy stuff I'm 99% certain I'll be happy with, like diapers, exact type of dvds, etc. I don't try new stuff via amazon. (Ok. I'm a scaredy cat and rarely try new stuff, period)

#18 Guest_Shuli_*

Guest_Shuli_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:56 PM

#19 agent220

agent220

Mommy

• Members
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:53 AM

I think shoes is a lot more risky than other items which is why I refuse to pay for shoes I can't return free unless I already know I can wear that pair. I have a couple of pairs of shoes I didn't bother returning collecting dust (thinking that as slippers I couldn't go wrong; but I could) and it's just such a waste.
When you try to make a statement, all you're really doing is raising questions.

#20 cholentpot

cholentpot

Stalker Eater

• Members
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:58 PM

I buy around 10 items a month off Amazon at the least! Everything from furniture/decorations to books and games etc. When I buy off Amazon I try and use GoodSearch and raise some cash for a charity of my choice. Their customer service is also awesome, I had an order that never arrived and was listed as "delivered" and they replaced it and next day shipping no problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users