• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 smishu

smishu

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:46 PM

I'm really thinking about going to costa rica this august. Does anyone have specific advice about where they stayed, what they;did, and what was good and bad? I'd appreciate it!

Also, will it be really rainy in August?

#2 goyishrebbe

goyishrebbe

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:49 PM

I'm really thinking about going to costa rica this august. Does anyone have specific advice about where they stayed, what they;did, and what was good and bad? I'd appreciate it!

Also, will it be really rainy in August?

My wife and I were there in December, 2010. We loved Costa Rica. Parque Nacional Volcan Poas was very nice. In Parque Nacional Carrera, we were able to see a lot of wildlife--birds, an agouti, 3 types of monkeys, a poisonous snake just a couple of feet from us, etc.

On a negative note, the Jewish community there isn't too inviting. Also, the country does not have good road signs, so it is easy getting lost.

#3 smishu

smishu

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:01 PM

My wife and I were there in December, 2010. We loved Costa Rica. Parque Nacional Volcan Poas was very nice. In Parque Nacional Carrera, we were able to see a lot of wildlife--birds, an agouti, 3 types of monkeys, a poisonous snake just a couple of feet from us, etc.

On a negative note, the Jewish community there isn't too inviting. Also, the country does not have good road signs, so it is easy getting lost.

Oh really? poisonous snake nearby would freak me out...are there tons of snakes, and critters everywhere?

#4 Moshi

Moshi

Little Reb Sunshine

• Members
  • 21,046 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:16 AM

Check out this resort. I have not gone, but a friend did and was thrilled.
http://www.landsinlove.com/

I'm told that summers there are quite muggy though.
The L-rd may not come when you call, but He's always on time. -Lemon Andersen

Kabel et ha-emet mi-mi she-omro.

"All is by the hand of Heaven, except colds and fevers" -Ketubot 30a.

~My Blog~

#5 smishu

smishu

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:20 PM

Check out this resort. I have not gone, but a friend did and was thrilled.
http://www.landsinlove.com/

I'm told that summers there are quite muggy though.

hmm thank you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users