26 replies to this topic

#1 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:21 AM

It's all in the name
Many people wish they could change their life, when all they really need to do is change their attitude towards life. - Sharon

#2 agent220

agent220

Mommy

• Members
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:23 AM

Did mine last night.
When you try to make a statement, all you're really doing is raising questions.

#3 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

No
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#4 Nechama

Nechama

Godol Hador

• Admin
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:35 AM

Not planning on making one. Might break down and buy 2 slices just to be yotzi. I found a recipe for cheesecake truffles but I cant decide if pure cream cheese mixed with cookie crumbs and frozen will be amazing or gross.
If I have interesting things on the walls, no one will notice how dirty the floors are - right?

#5 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:40 AM

Pics?

You won't know until you trie, will you

I'm willing to try, if I have time, but I need the recipe (I happen to have an overabundance of cc right now)
Many people wish they could change their life, when all they really need to do is change their attitude towards life. - Sharon

#6 agent220

agent220

Mommy

• Members
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

Mine is a simple, no frills, Philadelphia recipe.

2 8 ounce containers CC softened
1 C sugar
3 eggs
3/4 tsp vanilla

Graham cracker crust (it gets full in one standard size; you're supposed to make a couple of your own smaller)

Bake at 350 for 50 minutes

Top with whatever.

#7 Spiffy

Spiffy

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

Mine won't be made before Erev Y"T, Monday night at the absolute earliest. I have to decide which ones I'm making.
A Jew without good middos is simply incomplete...

Every age is modern to those that live in it

How do you feel when there's no sun? And how will you be when rain clouds come and pull you down again?

Mmmmm, whatcha say?

#8 Nechama

Nechama

Godol Hador

• Admin
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:01 AM

Pics?

You won't know until you trie, will you

I'm willing to try, if I have time, but I need the recipe (I happen to have an overabundance of cc right now)

Turtle cheesecake truffles

what do you think? The pro is that its a small dessert. I dont want a big cheesecake sitting around my house.
If I have interesting things on the walls, no one will notice how dirty the floors are - right?

#9 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:28 AM

You can post pics after y"t too, just take them before lichsen.

Those look fantastic. If only I had time/patience.. Maybe over the weekend. I don't know.

#10 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:51 AM

Does everyone but me have a milchig oven ?
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#11 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:58 AM

Perhaps. I have one, but we're not having any milchig meals, only one milchig kiddush so I'm not sure if it's worth the time/effort to make these delcious looking truffles.

#12 agent220

agent220

Mommy

• Members
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:07 AM

I do not. That's why I made them last night after converting my oven to milchigs, so I can convert it back to fleishigs now and cook shabbos and YT.

#13 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:08 AM

I do not. That's why I made them last night after converting my oven to milchigs, so I can convert it back to fleishigs now and cook shabbos and YT.

Do you wait 24 hours between each conversion?

#14 israeli4ever

israeli4ever

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:00 PM

I hoped you asked your LOR first.....
Disclaimer: The comments made by this poster do not necessarily represent an actual opinion, they are merely the latest output of an infinite amount of monkeys working on Shakespeare

"Frumkeit without Mentchlichkeit is not Yiddishkeit!" - Razie

"If you don't sin... Jesus died for nothing."

"because teaching is all about obscuration and obfuscation.."
- Snag

#15 Short

Short

Humanistic Misanthrope

• Members
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:14 PM

Yes.

Cheesecake, in the freezer. Mini-cheesecakes, in the freezer. Cheese cookies in the fridge. Cheese rosettes in the fridge. Still planning on making tiramisu, probably a day before Yom Tov, since it can't be frozen.
Ask a seismologist why there was a tsunami, don't ask a rabbi. - Moshi

#16 lyric

lyric

grannylicious

• Members
  • 7,872 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:14 PM

Why would I kill myself making cheesecakes when I have a lovely DIL who has a cake business and is looking for work? I have ordered two cakes from her and I can completely customize them; one is sugar free for hubby.
Seen on News Billboard: Osama bin Laden is dead. What Kate was wearing when she heard the news...

#17 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:33 PM

Why would I kill myself making cheesecakes when I have a lovely DIL who has a cake business and is looking for work? I have ordered two cakes from her and I can completely customize them; one is sugar free for hubby.

You don't HAVE to make it.

#18 agent220

agent220

Mommy

• Members
  • 7,142 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:02 PM

Considering:
1)I've lived in this apartment for 7 years and had this situation hundreds, if not thousands of times, AND
2)My husband has experience in the kashrus field, AND
3)My father has experience in the kashrus field, AND
4)I've been to shiurim given by my rav about this situation...

I did not, and I do not feel guilty about it. I know the halacha as we hold it, and my food is perfectly kosher.

But thanks for the concern. :)

#19 Guest_Shuli_*

Guest_Shuli_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

Good thread, FFF. :thumbsup:

:huh:

#20 israeli4ever

israeli4ever

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:05 AM

Good thread, FFF. :thumbsup:

:huh:

I have been told that there is an issue with kashering from milk to meat and back. I see that it is not universal practice, but I just wanted to point it out in case she wasn't aware
Disclaimer: The comments made by this poster do not necessarily represent an actual opinion, they are merely the latest output of an infinite amount of monkeys working on Shakespeare

"Frumkeit without Mentchlichkeit is not Yiddishkeit!" - Razie

"If you don't sin... Jesus died for nothing."

"because teaching is all about obscuration and obfuscation.."
- Snag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users