Photo

Is there a way to speed up the aliyah process?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:45 AM

And toilet seat Bidets!!!! :wub:

Now, under those circumstances, who wouldn't want to make Aliya?

I don't know why you don't open up a business, providing these modern conveniences to the folks out there in the Wild West Bank. You can't tell me that these places like Har Bracha, Kfar Tapuach, etc have all these modern conveniences.

You could open a luxury-bathroom supply place out in one of these places, and provide gainful employment to several people. I imagine that these hill-huggers work cheap, and G-d knows that they need something to do.

You could even expand your market to your neighbors in the surround Arab villages. Nothing promotes good neighborliness like contented tushies.

And, for free---I'll give you a name for your business. You can call it the Asla Peace Store.

הַתְקַשֵּׁר מַעֲדַנּוֹת כִּימָה אוֹ-מֹשְׁכוֹת כְּסִיל תְּפַתֵּחַ

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#22 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:16 PM

And, for free---I'll give you a name for your business. You can call it the Asla Peace Store.

i would have gone with peace of... never mind.
"Spiritual wants and instincts are as various in the human family as are physical appetites, complexions, and features, and a man is only at his best, morally, when he is equipped with the religious garment whose color and shape and size most nicely accommodate themselves to the spiritual complexion, angularities, and stature of the individual who wears it."

"The despotism of heaven is the one absolutely perfect government. An earthly despotism would be the absolutely perfect earthly government, if the conditions were the same; namely, the despot the perfectest individual of the human race, and his lease of life perpetual. But as a perishable perfect man must die, and leave his despotism in the hands of an imperfect successor, an earthly despotism is not merely a bad form of government, it is the worst form that is possible."

-Mark Twain

#23 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:50 PM

Yes we made aliya through nbn, but it took a lot of begging. Tears helped. So did more begging. And did I mention the tears and the begging?

You forgot to mention the clout.
Many people wish they could change their life, when all they really need to do is change their attitude towards life. - Sharon

#24 Jennifer

Jennifer

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:44 AM

We submitted our application after June 27, and flew on an August 12th flight.

#25 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:58 AM

We submitted our application after June 27, and flew on an August 12th flight.

Things are a lot simplier in Canada, though. Not many people from there make Aliyah...

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#26 Jennifer

Jennifer

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:11 AM

Things are a lot simplier in Canada, though. Not many people from there make Aliyah...

I applied from Israel and finalized the aliyah process in Miami, because the shaliach in Canada messed us over more than once. But yes, I did officially make aliyah from Canada.

#27 TheDuncePolice

TheDuncePolice

Knows she doesn't know

• Members
  • 12,659 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:25 AM

Proud member of the "I don't always wait until I finish reading the thread to respond" club.

Believe me, every heart has its secret sorrows, which the world knows not; and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad. ~ Robert C. Savage

#28 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:26 AM

I applied from Israel and finalized the aliyah process in Miami, because the shaliach in Canada messed us over more than once. But yes, I did officially make aliyah from Canada.

Yeah... Canada can't do anything right...

Pinchas is right - micha

#29 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:47 AM

Yeah... Canada can't do anything right...

and waiting in line for 6 hours for the lady to close her window on you because it's rest hour and she needs to go eat lunch is right?
Many people wish they could change their life, when all they really need to do is change their attitude towards life. - Sharon

#30 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

and waiting in line for 6 hours for the lady to close her window on you because it's rest hour and she needs to go eat lunch is right?

Everyone has to eat lunch, right?

Pinchas is right - micha

#31 radioreuven

radioreuven

Masmid

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:01 AM

The best way to speed up aliyah is to have all of the information they require and make sure your paperwork is filled out. Don't show up without checking that out. Numerous times the Jewish agency people in LA said we were some of the best prepared people they have dealt with. You have to do the leg work before the process. Find out what they require online and get it asap. FIll out the app and send it in. If you cover all your bases you should be done in a few months and on the place. Good luck.
Made aliyah 08/2011
Every Jew should Make Aliyah!
If most people on this forum are "normal" I'd rather be "off".
Imma doesn't let...
He has "what" to rely on...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users