• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gesher Tzar Me'od

Gesher Tzar Me'od

Hocker

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:27 AM

I am looking forward to move to a yishuv, preferably less than 20 minutes from Yerushalayim, or a neighborhood into East Yerushalayim proper.

I am searching for a place with a sizeable anglo community, or french-speaking moroccans, that's affordable and possibly groups like Chabad or Breslov having a presence there. A mikveh for men would really help too.

So far I've only really saw Kochav Yaakov-Tel Zion and Maaleh Adumim that could somewhat be what I am looking for, but the latter might be a bit too pricey for me.

Any suggestions?

Oh and I am a social guy, pretty outgoing and warm, and I like communities that are open and like that as well, not too closed and private where people don't get involved with each others at all.

edit: and yeah the more I read abuot it, the more Kochav Yaakov sounds like the kind of place I where I should go

#2 rvn2590

rvn2590

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:13 PM

Bat Ayin (heavy Breslov presence)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_Ayin
טובה הארץ מאד מאד

Rav Tal "The evil forces of the world are the leftists who act against sanctity."

#3 Gesher Tzar Me'od

Gesher Tzar Me'od

Hocker

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

Yeah, Bat Ayin seems to be a rather nice place, but I kind of worry it might be a bit too... frum hippie? Also, is it really that close to yerushalayim? I had the impression it was way south.

Might be a misconception though.

Also, more of a general question to everyone: how is life in caravans?

In terms of pricing, it seems nice and would let me spend half of my day in kollel and half day working without having to worry too much about money.

#4 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:29 PM

Maaleh Zeitim

http://www.israelnat...ews.aspx/144526

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

#5 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:33 PM

possibly groups like Chabad or Breslov having a presence there. A mikveh for men would really help too.

Sounds like you and Village would get along well.
Many people wish they could change their life, when all they really need to do is change their attitude towards life. - Sharon

#6 rvn2590

rvn2590

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:28 PM

Yeah, Bat Ayin seems to be a rather nice place, but I kind of worry it might be a bit too... frum hippie? Also, is it really that close to yerushalayim? I had the impression it was way south.

Might be a misconception though.

Also, more of a general question to everyone: how is life in caravans?

In terms of pricing, it seems nice and would let me spend half of my day in kollel and half day working without having to worry too much about money.

frum "hippie" it is - not for everyone.
טובה הארץ מאד מאד

Rav Tal "The evil forces of the world are the leftists who act against sanctity."

#7 rachel b.

rachel b.

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:52 PM

We're very interested in Mitzpe Yericho. I could find a website about it that I was sent, but it's in Hebrew. Would that help you?

#8 Pinchas

Pinchas

Make Aliyah!

• Members
  • 13,421 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:07 AM

We're very interested in Mitzpe Yericho. I could find a website about it that I was sent, but it's in Hebrew. Would that help you?

English info on Mitzpe Yericho: http://www.nbn.org.i...e/community/306

Pinchas is right - micha

For the record, IRL he is a really nice guy! - HappyDuck, Z"L

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users