• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 justajew

justajew

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:16 AM

We are in RBSA for a year or two while we look for a small, centrally located Torani yishuv where we can afford a nice house. Places on our list to check out are Mitzpe Yericho, Even Shmuel, Mevo Choron. My husband wears colored shirts and doesn't have a black hat. I don't show any hair but i don't wear socks/hose in the summer. We eat Mehadrin. Our kids are too little for me to categorize us in that way - I don't know yet about army or all the dividing lines that come with school attendance. Maybe we are chardal? I want to put my daughter in a private gan for one more year before we have to make a school decision (she'll be 4 in November). Our kids' secular education is very important to us and we want to make sure they are well trained for a useful high-paying profession (not writers like my husband and I). We like the Rav Kook style. What is that called?

HD, can we come over some afternoon for a playdate? I'll call you. And I'll clean out my PM box.

K-rebbe, thanks for your nice and sympathetic message. I like you when you're nice!

Finding where you belong is tough, but mostly because everything seems so foreign to you, that will change over time and you learn Hebrew and learn how to eat and hang out like an Israeli.
There are several areas that sound like the kind of place you are looking for. you may want to check out Neria, it's a beautifyl Yishuv in Binyamin and they are building more houses there right now.
"Buy land. They've stopped making it." -Mark Twain
-Remember that the ark was built by amateurs and the Titanic was built by professionals.
-The world population will do fine without everyone's individual participation.---Brianna
-If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would have destroyed civilization.
...Of course I know what I am doing, I've seen this done dozens of times...Bugs Bunny always survives.

#42 rachel b.

rachel b.

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:03 AM

Of course we can do a play date. In fact, would you and your family like to come for lunch this shabbat? Based on where you told me you were looking (you mentioned what shul you wanted to be near) it is about a 10 minute walk or so.

BH we are set for this shabbos (like 5 times over! people have been so friendly and welcoming). We also like R. Malinowitz's shul.

#43 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:24 PM

BH we are set for this shabbos (like 5 times over!.....).

If you eat 15 seudot on shabbat, you better do a good job picking a kupat cholim.....Posted Image

הַתְקַשֵּׁר מַעֲדַנּוֹת כִּימָה אוֹ-מֹשְׁכוֹת כְּסִיל תְּפַתֵּחַ

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users