• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Moshebendavid

Moshebendavid

Masmid

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:39 PM

This really has me puzzled as well and I thought about it a lot. Seems some kind of conspiracy theory is there. If people knew what was in the food- almost everything we consume is bad for us. Why is tobacco uniquely targeted? Must be good for us if the government doesn't want us doing it- would be my thinking lol

I can only think that smoking is associated with freedom and rebellion and we are entering a new world order of mentally enslaved zombie citizens.

Either that or the public cost of smoking is large.

#22 SarahB

SarahB

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

I don't see any problem with graphic warning labels, but to be honest they don't have much effect on those who already smoke. And kids who are going to smoke, because of peer pressure will do it anyhow. People are just too desensitized to these kinds of things.

#23 Guest_halevy_*

Guest_halevy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

---

#24 Guest_halevy_*

Guest_halevy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

Either that or the public cost of smoking is large.

The cost is indeed large, but the main point here is, *we* must educate our children, not the State.

And, if you would like to consider the costs issue, the highest possible cost is derived from not educating our children.

#25 Mr. Goldstein

Mr. Goldstein

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:34 AM

How about we just legalize kicking in the nads people who blow smoke in your face. I mean, just how inconsiderate is it for people to be puffing smoke in the middle of crowd? Or how about when some junkie just happens to burn your jacket as the side of his butt rubs against you in a tight crowd (yeah, it happened to me).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users