• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Belle

Belle

anomaly

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

I mentioned this numerous times on FB, but I'm putting it here now. I would like to go on a 3 day trip, from Tuesday morning through Friday morning.

Criteria:

-3 hour flight maximum OR
-3 hour drive maximum
-nice hotel resort a must
-kosher food a perk, but NOT a must
-various activities a must
-kiddie-friendly (age 1) a perk
-nature options a perk

If you suggest a city, please tell me why. :)
"Belle has the right of it" - Shemmy

"i have come to believe that belle is closer to the truth" - Snag

"Belle is, of course, right." - Razie

#2 justbatya

justbatya

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

I mentioned this numerous times on FB, but I'm putting it here now. I would like to go on a 3 day trip, from Tuesday morning through Friday morning.

Criteria:

-3 hour flight maximum OR
-3 hour drive maximum
-nice hotel resort a must
-kosher food a perk, but NOT a must
-various activities a must
-kiddie-friendly (age 1) a perk
-nature options a perk

If you suggest a city, please tell me why. :)

Miami Beach? There are all kinds of hotels, great family-friendly kosher restaurants. It is an easy 3-hour flight, and you can chill with the baby poolside. A little hot this time of year but some people don't mind that. What kind of activities are you looking for?

My poor SO still thinks that a Batya is a what, and not a who.

Soda-Club Home Soda Makers
Blog-o-rama

#3 Belle

Belle

anomaly

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:39 PM

Miami Beach? There are all kinds of hotels, great family-friendly kosher restaurants. It is an easy 3-hour flight, and you can chill with the baby poolside. A little hot this time of year but some people don't mind that. What kind of activities are you looking for?

That's exactly what I was thinking, and I nearly booked it, but the weather seems to indicate thunderstorms. If that's so, I don't want to go then. I emailed a Floridian to find out the weather (I'm planning on going in 2 weeks time) and will reevaluate then.

#4 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:48 PM

cove haven resorts (formerly Caesar's) is a nice resort, with gorgeous rooms, and many activities, including boating, a "nature trail", and many nearby nature options. it is not kid-friendly, and the kosher food option is basically airline meals.
"Spiritual wants and instincts are as various in the human family as are physical appetites, complexions, and features, and a man is only at his best, morally, when he is equipped with the religious garment whose color and shape and size most nicely accommodate themselves to the spiritual complexion, angularities, and stature of the individual who wears it."

"The despotism of heaven is the one absolutely perfect government. An earthly despotism would be the absolutely perfect earthly government, if the conditions were the same; namely, the despot the perfectest individual of the human race, and his lease of life perpetual. But as a perishable perfect man must die, and leave his despotism in the hands of an imperfect successor, an earthly despotism is not merely a bad form of government, it is the worst form that is possible."

-Mark Twain

#5 KeepCoolNY

KeepCoolNY

Masmid

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:01 PM

Deep down you know you need to shut down your facebook account...

#6 Belle

Belle

anomaly

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:05 PM

Deep down you know you need to shut down your facebook account...

I practice self flagellation daily because of it.

#7 cynic

cynic

Godol Hador

• Banned
  • 6,642 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:09 PM

Atlantic City. The area has lots to do that is family friendly. I'm not sure if it's three days, but at least two. I would go on a whale watching trip, should be nice this time of year.

#8 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:11 PM

Atlantic City. The area has lots to do that is family friendly. I'm not sure if it's three days, but at least two. I would go on a whale watching trip, should be nice this time of year.

really? the one time i went i didn't find much fun to do other than ripley's believe it or not, and an upsacale shopping center my wife walked through. (and, of course, shari's steakhouse is a nice dinner)
"Spiritual wants and instincts are as various in the human family as are physical appetites, complexions, and features, and a man is only at his best, morally, when he is equipped with the religious garment whose color and shape and size most nicely accommodate themselves to the spiritual complexion, angularities, and stature of the individual who wears it."

"The despotism of heaven is the one absolutely perfect government. An earthly despotism would be the absolutely perfect earthly government, if the conditions were the same; namely, the despot the perfectest individual of the human race, and his lease of life perpetual. But as a perishable perfect man must die, and leave his despotism in the hands of an imperfect successor, an earthly despotism is not merely a bad form of government, it is the worst form that is possible."

-Mark Twain

#9 Belle

Belle

anomaly

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:13 PM

ripley's is an abomination. i wouldn't go to such a place for free.

I'm listening to all suggestions (even KeepCool's :rolleyes: ), keep them coming!

#10 jewess

jewess

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:24 PM

south seas island resort in captiva, florida.
like miami but a million times better (minus kosher food but u can spend shabbos in miami and bring food from there)

#11 LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

Huh?

• Members
  • 5,341 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:25 PM

the Hamptons?

Belle if you have the option, I'd stick to driving as opposed to flying...when SN was a few months older than your daughter she was just awful on a plane...

In any case enjoy and good luck!
God, grant us the...
Serenity to accept things we cannot change,
Courage to change the things we can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference
Patience for the things that take time
Appreciation for all that we have, and
Tolerance for those with different struggles
Freedom to live beyond the limitations of our past ways, the
Ability to feel your love for us and our love for each other and the
Strength to get up and try again even when we feel it is hopeless.

#12 cynic

cynic

Godol Hador

• Banned
  • 6,642 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:28 PM

really? the one time i went i didn't find much fun to do other than ripley's believe it or not, and an upsacale shopping center my wife walked through. (and, of course, shari's steakhouse is a nice dinner)

I meant it more as a base of operations.
(BTW, I've never been to AC so it's possible I don't know what I'm talking about, but I have heard good things about the boardwalk, etc.)

#13 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:31 PM

I meant it more as a base of operations.
(BTW, I've never been to AC so it's possible I don't know what I'm talking about, but I have heard good things about the boardwalk, etc.)

i wasn't impressed by the boardwalk - point pleasant is much nicer.

-Mark Twain

#14 cynic

cynic

Godol Hador

• Banned
  • 6,642 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:50 PM

Is Absecon near there? I think Marriott has a resort in that area.

#15 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:52 PM

cove haven resorts (formerly Caesar's) is a nice resort, with gorgeous rooms, and many activities, including boating, a "nature trail", and many nearby nature options. it is not kid-friendly, and the kosher food option is basically airline meals.

No kidding! Have you seen this place? It's like a sex resort. Warning: pictures will cause hirhurim for many people. The good news is that they have a nice deer feeding every morning... :wink2:

What about Burlington, VT? Gorgeous place.

#16 DQ

DQ

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:57 PM

No kidding! Have you seen this place? It's like a sex resort. Warning: pictures will cause hirhurim for many people. The good news is that they have a nice deer feeding every morning... :wink2:

What about Burlington, VT? Gorgeous place.

Have you been there? I wouldn't touch that place with a 500 foot pole while wearing a hazmat suit. Don't say you haven't been warned.

#17 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:00 AM

Have you been there? I wouldn't touch that place with a 500 foot pole while wearing a hazmat suit. Don't say you haven't been warned.

I'm embarrassed to admit... but I have. :sorry:

ETA: Were you talking about the sex resort or VT??? :p

#18 Guest_Shuli_*

Guest_Shuli_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:03 AM

ripley's is an abomination.

How so?

#19 DQ

DQ

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:05 AM

I'm embarrassed to admit... but I have. :sorry:

ETA: Were you talking about the sex resort or VT??? :p

I'm talking about cove haven, though I'm glad you had a nice experience.

#20 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:07 AM

I'm talking about cove haven, though I'm glad you had a nice experience.

What would you give you that impression? Eech, it was gross! I would not go again, and I felt like I wanted to just scorch my body in hot water and not stop scrubbing for a week after.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users