Photo

3-day vacation trips

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:59 AM

Why not go back to Washington? Doesn't you want your baby want to see Civil War sites ?
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#22 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:08 AM

im almost scared to admit, now, that i've been there more than once, and enjoyed it.
"Spiritual wants and instincts are as various in the human family as are physical appetites, complexions, and features, and a man is only at his best, morally, when he is equipped with the religious garment whose color and shape and size most nicely accommodate themselves to the spiritual complexion, angularities, and stature of the individual who wears it."

"The despotism of heaven is the one absolutely perfect government. An earthly despotism would be the absolutely perfect earthly government, if the conditions were the same; namely, the despot the perfectest individual of the human race, and his lease of life perpetual. But as a perishable perfect man must die, and leave his despotism in the hands of an imperfect successor, an earthly despotism is not merely a bad form of government, it is the worst form that is possible."

-Mark Twain

#23 Belle

Belle

anomaly

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

Been where?
"Belle has the right of it" - Shemmy

"i have come to believe that belle is closer to the truth" - Snag

"Belle is, of course, right." - Razie

#24 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:27 AM

Been where?

cove haven resort.
"Spiritual wants and instincts are as various in the human family as are physical appetites, complexions, and features, and a man is only at his best, morally, when he is equipped with the religious garment whose color and shape and size most nicely accommodate themselves to the spiritual complexion, angularities, and stature of the individual who wears it."

"The despotism of heaven is the one absolutely perfect government. An earthly despotism would be the absolutely perfect earthly government, if the conditions were the same; namely, the despot the perfectest individual of the human race, and his lease of life perpetual. But as a perishable perfect man must die, and leave his despotism in the hands of an imperfect successor, an earthly despotism is not merely a bad form of government, it is the worst form that is possible."

-Mark Twain

#25 Belle

Belle

anomaly

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:38 AM

cove haven resort.

Oh.

#26 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:48 AM

im almost scared to admit, now, that i've been there more than once, and enjoyed it.

Please just tell us that you didn't stay in the champagne tower...

#27 Belle

Belle

anomaly

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:06 AM

That's pretty personal.

#28 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:14 AM

That's pretty personal.

You're right - I'd really rather not know!

#29 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:14 AM

That's pretty personal.

:agree:

-Mark Twain

#30 FYI

FYI

Naive or Clueless?

• Members
  • 16,184 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:21 AM

By car, plane, train? What mode of transportation are you looking at?
Many people wish they could change their life, when all they really need to do is change their attitude towards life. - Sharon

#31 GoodEats!

GoodEats!

Masmid

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:23 AM

Cove Haven is really nice. I went a few years ago and did not find it dirty at all. Are you assuming that because couples go there to get some alone time that it's scuzzy?

My only problems there were that they are a bit cheesy/outdated in the decorations department. At the time they hadn't updated the TVs to flatscreens. And I don't like sleeping on a round bed. frikken annoying. <_<

Oh and they're very expensive.

#32 DQ

DQ

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:10 PM

Maybe the other suites on the property are nicer but the one they gave us smelled like cigarettes, the couch had stains (gd knows what they're of), and had harsh low watt florescent lights, I mean come on!! The place looked cheesy and the people,, what can I say, it looked like the place red necks bring their wives to after they've been caught with that toothless hooker, again.. The biggest chutzpah is the price. You could almost get a suite at the Waldorf at these rates.

#33 Jennifer

Jennifer

Rebbe

• Members
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

There are always thunderstorms in Miami in the summer for like 2 hours a day and then the sun comes out.

#34 Belle

Belle

anomaly

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:33 PM

There are always thunderstorms in Miami in the summer for like 2 hours a day and then the sun comes out.

That's good to know. Thanks.

#35 Short

Short

Humanistic Misanthrope

• Members
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

Cape Cod?

OK, it's more like a 4-5 hour drive from Brooklyn.
Ask a seismologist why there was a tsunami, don't ask a rabbi. - Moshi

#36 Belle

Belle

anomaly

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:51 PM

Cape Cod?

OK, it's more like a 4-5 hour drive from Brooklyn.

Yeah, too far.

#37 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:31 AM

Cove Haven is really nice. I went a few years ago and did not find it dirty at all. Are you assuming that because couples go there to get some alone time that it's scuzzy?

My only problems there were that they are a bit cheesy/outdated in the decorations department. At the time they hadn't updated the TVs to flatscreens. And I don't like sleeping on a round bed. frikken annoying. <_<

Oh and they're very expensive.

phew! they have upgraded to flatscreens, and i happen to like round beds.

Maybe the other suites on the property are nicer but the one they gave us smelled like cigarettes, the couch had stains (gd knows what they're of), and had harsh low watt florescent lights, I mean come on!! The place looked cheesy and the people,, what can I say, it looked like the place red necks bring their wives to after they've been caught with that toothless hooker, again.. The biggest chutzpah is the price. You could almost get a suite at the Waldorf at these rates.

i never had that problem, and i don't associate with the other patrons. as far as the prices, they usually have specials, plus there's a triple-a discount of like 15%.

-Mark Twain

#38 Moshi

Moshi

Little Reb Sunshine

• Members
  • 21,046 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:46 AM

What would you give you that impression? Eech, it was gross! I would not go again, and I felt like I wanted to just scorch my body in hot water and not stop scrubbing for a week after.

What was gross about it? They don't clean the rooms?

The prices look pretty good for a resort.

Sure if you think about it very hard it's gross, but you can think that hard and get grossed out by absolutely everything.

They can provide kosher meals?
The L-rd may not come when you call, but He's always on time. -Lemon Andersen

Kabel et ha-emet mi-mi she-omro.

"All is by the hand of Heaven, except colds and fevers" -Ketubot 30a.

~My Blog~

#39 Snag

Snag

הבל יפצה פי

• Banned
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

They can provide kosher meals?

they provide prepackaged airline meals (basically), delivered to your suite.

remember, also, that the prices include the use of all the facilities, including paddleboating, speedboating, various sports, etc.

-Mark Twain

#40 smishu

smishu

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:58 AM

If you are already taking off friday, why not just stay through shabbos? Miami and anywhere Carribean will be super humid/rainy this time of year, but the storms do pass, and usually do not last all day. With a baby around I would agree driving is better..there are beaches and nice areas in the Hamptons, Connecticut, Rhode Island. I liked Atlantic City too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users