45 replies to this topic

#41 smishu

smishu

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:37 PM

Absolutely. I agree 100%.

But I am not, at the moment, talking about spinal arthritis. That's on my left side. On my right side however, I tore a ligament or muscle, DUE TO SOME UNFORTUNATE EXERCISE MOVE WITH A 12KG RUSSIAN KETTLEBELL. It is this injury that is not advised to aggravate, not my arthritis.

Yes you mentioned that a few times. I definitely would not work with that trainer anymore.

#42 lyric

lyric

grannylicious

• Members
  • 7,872 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:54 PM

Yes you mentioned that a few times. I definitely would not work with that trainer anymore.

I had a trainer before her who was a dangerous mixture of ignorance and arrogance as in "don't listen to the doctors; I know better." I got rid of her when she made me, with arthritic knees, do 1200 jumps on a garden trampoline. Her action damaged my knees badly. After I had a repair surgery on them, she got me back on the trampoline after 3 weeks.

This one, Gail, isn't like that and it was a one off mistake on her part which she bitterly regrets. Everyone is entitled to one mistake. She is usually very careful with my back so I don't intend to get rid of her yet.
Seen on News Billboard: Osama bin Laden is dead. What Kate was wearing when she heard the news...

#43 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:22 PM

I had a trainer before her who was a dangerous mixture of ignorance and arrogance as in "don't listen to the doctors; I know better." I got rid of her when she made me, with arthritic knees, do 1200 jumps on a garden trampoline. Her action damaged my knees badly.

Where was she trained? The KGB Institute for Physical therapy, Lubjanka Campus?

הַתְקַשֵּׁר מַעֲדַנּוֹת כִּימָה אוֹ-מֹשְׁכוֹת כְּסִיל תְּפַתֵּחַ

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#44 lyric

lyric

grannylicious

• Members
  • 7,872 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:43 AM

Where was she trained? The KGB Institute for Physical therapy, Lubjanka Campus?

Heaven knows. She was nuts.

Update: I had an MRI last week so my spinal guy could see why I am still in such pain and it showed more of the same, basically, more osteoarthritis affecting the right side of my spine now; before it was only felt on my left side. Not many options; do nothing (no way) have a serious fusion operation that can take a year to recover from (not yet I think...) or have some more cortisone. Yes, for now I think I will. Meanwhile he gave me reassurance that I can take the pain meds I need without turning into a junky, which was good news as it was worrying me.
Seen on News Billboard: Osama bin Laden is dead. What Kate was wearing when she heard the news...

#45 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:06 AM

Heaven knows. She was nuts.

Not many options; do nothing (no way) have a serious fusion operation that can take a year to recover from (not yet I think...)

Which vertebrae?

הַתְקַשֵּׁר מַעֲדַנּוֹת כִּימָה אוֹ-מֹשְׁכוֹת כְּסִיל תְּפַתֵּחַ

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#46 lyric

lyric

grannylicious

• Members
  • 7,872 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:04 AM

Which vertebrae?

L5 S1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users