Anyone know where to buy Silver coins from Israel? Silver bullion

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 needler420

needler420

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:30 AM

On APMEX they have gold coins from Israel but I can't afford them. Id like to invest in a little bit of silver that's from Israel or at least Jewish commemoratives.

Silver bullion that is.

Also my only form of payment can be money order which makes it hard for ordering internationally. But about any precious metals dealer in the states will take money orders I just can't find none of the main ones that sell Israel/ Jewish coins.

Ill probably check a few local coin and pawn shops but the chances of them being the silver I want will probably just be slim.

I don't want any silver I want the silver I said.

I found some on American precious metals exchange as some .
Posted Image

#2 repsolwc

repsolwc

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:11 AM

If you want Israeli commemoratives, go to www.israelmint.com. They produce the coins I think, and they are right here in Jerusalem as well. Near the old city.

There is a new company called www.IGASC.com Israel Gold and Siver Coins, that is based in Jerusalem that sells gold and silver coins. They are new, I bought some coins from about week a ago. Nice thing is that my coins come in the original mint tube you find in a green monster box not in a envelope. But you have to collect them, they don't do shipping in Israel, probably because of the extra cost and insurance.

Their prices are quite high about spot price; about $20 above spot. But I checked on Fedex, to ship a package to Israel costs about $100, plus there is over 20% customs duties on gold and silver in Israel.

So their prices are quite cheap if you look at it from a point of view of, where can I find cheaper gold and silver? Plus if youre a company I think you can claim the VAT back and then each coin will be like $43 each, which is $10 above spot.

#3 Diogenes The Cynic

Diogenes The Cynic

Gabbai

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

If you want Israeli commemoratives, go to www.israelmint.com. They produce the coins I think, and they are right here in Jerusalem as well. Near the old city.

There is a new company called www.IGASC.com Israel Gold and Siver Coins, that is based in Jerusalem that sells gold and silver coins. They are new, I bought some coins from about week a ago. Nice thing is that my coins come in the original mint tube you find in a green monster box not in a envelope. But you have to collect them, they don't do shipping in Israel, probably because of the extra cost and insurance.

Their prices are quite high about spot price; about $20 above spot. But I checked on Fedex, to ship a package to Israel costs about $100, plus there is over 20% customs duties on gold and silver in Israel.

So their prices are quite cheap if you look at it from a point of view of, where can I find cheaper gold and silver? Plus if youre a company I think you can claim the VAT back and then each coin will be like $43 each, which is $10 above spot.

43$ per ounce of silver is insane.
Libertarian. Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.

#4 happyduck1979

happyduck1979

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

not really anymore if you are buying retail. It is nuts, but that is how it is becoming.
"Don't listen to people who try to defend what God has done to you. God is a big boy. He can take care of himself. You take care of you"-unknown comforting visitor after we lost Gabbi

Empty Cradle, Empty Heart My thoughts, rants against God, and prayers after have a still birth of a very wanted little girl in February of 2011.
Why I choose to put private information in a public location

Our Aliya Blog Lots of pictures.
Yes, still another blog. This one is about quick kosher cooking and is more like my personal recipe box
Coming soon. A blog to keep track of my other blogs.

New Site. New Stuff. New Sales. Swirsky Designs

#5 repsolwc

repsolwc

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

What alternative is there. I have even tried to buy silver on ebay, and customs wacks me with like 20% on cost+shipping as it arrives in Israel.

When I arrive at Ben Gurion, I can walk through customs with paper money, plastic money, copper money and even digital money and pay no customs, they are fine with that. But the second I have silver money custom charges me like 20% tax. and it appears that it is only Israel that does this. They are crooks.

Next time I go home I am going to stash my pockets full of $1 silver eagles (legal tender btw) and walk through customs with my poker-face on... like a boss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users