• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:24 AM

Because Jewish elitism is so filthy and dangerous. Because its one of the main contributors to driving intelligent people away from religious Judaism. Because at its root is hatred for others. I'll repeat it in case you've got a missing link in your forelobe: because at its root is hatred for others.

Not all elitism (including Jewish elitism) is rooted in hatred. I'm not saying that it is good, but it is not necessarily rooted in hatred.

הַתְקַשֵּׁר מַעֲדַנּוֹת כִּימָה אוֹ-מֹשְׁכוֹת כְּסִיל תְּפַתֵּחַ

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#42 33948

Shtark

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:28 AM

Not all elitism (including Jewish elitism) is rooted in hatred. I'm not saying that it is good, but it is not necessarily rooted in hatred.

Exactly. How does improving oneself imply hatred towards another? That seems to be the assumption. As I see it a "race" is not as valid as one could say an ethnicity. An ethnicity is held together by a common cultural community. If the culture itself is one of improvement, then it improves those who participate in it collectively. For example Judaism teaches that a man should be able to financially support a family before being married. This collectively raises the genetic health of most Jews. By contrast the United States pays people who can't take care of themselves to have more babies, which creates a large under class of failures (which especially hits many minority groups the worse).

At the same time I very much like many of the more "elite" aspects of Judaism, such as being rooted in self responsibility, being scholastic and so forth but I also criticize "jewish supremacism" aka elitism which is exaulting the value of zionism, jews etc. above all others. So they aren't the same thing.

#43 israeli4ever

israeli4ever

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:30 AM

Exactly. How does improving oneself imply hatred towards another? That seems to be the assumption. As I see it a "race" is not as valid as one could say an ethnicity. An ethnicity is held together by a common cultural community. If the culture itself is one of improvement, then it improves those who participate in it collectively. For example Judaism teaches that a man should be able to financially support a family before being married. This collectively raises the genetic health of most Jews. By contrast the United States pays people who can't take care of themselves to have more babies, which creates a large under class of failures (which especially hits many minority groups the worse).

At the same time I very much like many of the more "elite" aspects of Judaism, such as being rooted in self responsibility, being scholastic and so forth but I also criticize "jewish supremacism" aka elitism which is exaulting the value of zionism, jews etc. above all others. So they aren't the same thing.

Ummm what?
Disclaimer: The comments made by this poster do not necessarily represent an actual opinion, they are merely the latest output of an infinite amount of monkeys working on Shakespeare

"Frumkeit without Mentchlichkeit is not Yiddishkeit!" - Razie

"If you don't sin... Jesus died for nothing."

"because teaching is all about obscuration and obfuscation.."
- Snag

#44 Belle

Belle

anomaly

• Members
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:12 AM

Which is spiritual not genetic.

Not in Brooklyn
"Belle has the right of it" - Shemmy

"i have come to believe that belle is closer to the truth" - Snag

"Belle is, of course, right." - Razie

#45 brianna

brianna

Sanctimonious Pleasure Seeker

• Members
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:37 PM

Not in Brooklyn

Which is a problem with a certain Jewish community, not with Jewish philosophy.
Certainly there is no shortage of married, left-wing harlots who do not cover their hair. Although, they're probably busy sacrificing their children to Ba‛al and filing divorce papers. ~ Milton

"Are you including as shomer negiya someone who is sleeping with his girlfriend but not shaking hands with the car dealer?" ~ Moshi

"Some people like their corn flakes soggy, other people get off on repression and guilt." ~ Sweet

Notice of New Policy: I now ask people permission before using their quotes.

#46 paganyid

paganyid

Gabbai

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:35 PM

I generally agree with you Starwolf and consider your opinion to be securely moderate in a world full of crazies. I mean to stay on your good side. ZJ on the other hand needs some violence...

#47 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:43 PM

Personally, Starwolf, I found your protestations against Zionist Jew's assertions on this thread to be rather effeminate.

Seriously? I just caught up on this thread, and I couldn't stop laughing at this post. Since when do you call someone's protestations effeminate?

I generally agree with you Starwolf and consider your opinion to be securely moderate in a world full of crazies. I mean to stay on your good side.

Is calling a man effeminate part of the strategy of staying on his good side?

#48 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:11 PM

Seriously? I just caught up on this thread, and I couldn't stop laughing at this post. Since when do you call someone's protestations effeminate?

Is calling a man effeminate part of the strategy of staying on his good side?

Come on--my skin is thicker than that.

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#49 comfortingsong

comfortingsong

Rebbe

• Members
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:14 PM

Come on--my skin is thicker than that.

Doesn't change the fact that it was a cheap, and oddly humorous, insult.

#50 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:20 PM

I generally agree with you Starwolf and consider your opinion to be securely moderate in a world full of crazies. I mean to stay on your good side. ZJ on the other hand needs some violence...

I don't think that disagreements should determine who is on one's "good side". Especially online disagreements.

Let's face it--there are some people on this (and every other) forum with whom one has basic disagreements. For example, we can all think of a forumite who is intelligent, witty, educated, and completely opposed to me (or anyone else) on the vast majority of subjects including most aspects of Judaism, politics,ethics, and [email protected] near everything else. I imagine that everyone else hear can think of another forumite that he/she thinks similarly of. Should that mean that he is on my "bad side"? Trust me, in my case, places on that list are difficult to come by.

Doesn't change the fact that it was a cheap, and oddly humorous, insult.

Yeah, but the humor easily compensated for the other aspects.

#51 paganyid

paganyid

Gabbai

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:56 PM

Was ZJ the same person as Tel Aviv? Both had plain blue stars of david as their logo. Tel Aviv also had weird racist posts, if I remember correctly... meta-troll. beware.

#52 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:39 PM

Was ZJ the same person as Tel Aviv? Both had plain blue stars of david as their logo.

I certainly hope so. the thought of two of them is difficult to contemplate.

#53 israeli4ever

israeli4ever

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:50 PM

Was ZJ the same person as Tel Aviv? Both had plain blue stars of david as their logo. Tel Aviv also had weird racist posts, if I remember correctly... meta-troll. beware.

yes. As he announced in the first ZJ post
Disclaimer: The comments made by this poster do not necessarily represent an actual opinion, they are merely the latest output of an infinite amount of monkeys working on Shakespeare

"Frumkeit without Mentchlichkeit is not Yiddishkeit!" - Razie

"If you don't sin... Jesus died for nothing."

"because teaching is all about obscuration and obfuscation.."
- Snag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users