• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:05 PM

Do you have that not so fresh feeling???
[/flirting]

#22 Bezalel

Bezalel

Stud muffin

• Members
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

Were you recently bitten by a vampire?

#23 Xi

Xi

-->

• Banned
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:24 PM

I could get married.

Slightly stressed. Not depressed.

Gonna ask the boyfriend if he's a vampire.
Xi is intimidating, in an endearing sort of way. --Gretchen

#24 brianna

brianna

Sanctimonious Pleasure Seeker

• Members
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:35 PM

Gonna ask the boyfriend if he's a vampire.

Boyfriend? Oy vey...
Certainly there is no shortage of married, left-wing harlots who do not cover their hair. Although, they're probably busy sacrificing their children to Ba‛al and filing divorce papers. ~ Milton

"Are you including as shomer negiya someone who is sleeping with his girlfriend but not shaking hands with the car dealer?" ~ Moshi

"Some people like their corn flakes soggy, other people get off on repression and guilt." ~ Sweet

Notice of New Policy: I now ask people permission before using their quotes.

#25 Xi

Xi

-->

• Banned
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

Boyfriend? Oy vey...

Oops, I meant my friend from Bais Yaakov that I sometimes cuddle up with. She does these strange things...

#26 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:43 PM

Were you recently bitten by a vampire?

She did say that she hadn't had any blood work done.....

הַתְקַשֵּׁר מַעֲדַנּוֹת כִּימָה אוֹ-מֹשְׁכוֹת כְּסִיל תְּפַתֵּחַ

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#27 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:53 PM

Thanks guys! I do sleep. I'll get bloodwork (haven't had it done in years & no insurance -- how expensive is it?). I don't exercise much, but especially not lately because a five mile walk will put me into bed for two hours.

PS -- You have failed to scare me, Starwolf. :p

How sweet. And by coincidence, if you can, you should do your blood test after fasting (water is ok) for about 8 hours to check glucose levels.
this is especially important if another of your problems is frequent urination, especially if you have to get up frequently in the night. One thing that you might do, if you know anyone that has a glucose meter, is get him/her to take a reading. (Use a new lancet.) Just to rule things out, you understand......

You will also want to check things like liver enzymes, triglycerides, cholesterol, white count, etc. Blood tests are about the best general diagnostic tests that exist.

Get health insurance. (Easy to say, I know.)

doubt not through the ages one increasing purpose runs, and the thoughts of men are widened with the process of the suns.

#28 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:58 PM

Oops, I meant my friend from Bais Yaakov that I sometimes cuddle up with. She does these strange things...

No wonder you don't have any energy....... :lol:

#29 Xi

Xi

-->

• Banned
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:49 PM

How sweet. And by coincidence, if you can, you should do your blood test after fasting (water is ok) for about 8 hours to check glucose levels.
this is especially important if another of your problems is frequent urination, especially if you have to get up frequently in the night. One thing that you might do, if you know anyone that has a glucose meter, is get him/her to take a reading. (Use a new lancet.) Just to rule things out, you understand......

You will also want to check things like liver enzymes, triglycerides, cholesterol, white count, etc. Blood tests are about the best general diagnostic tests that exist.

Get health insurance. (Easy to say, I know.)

WebMD says I probably have multiple sclerosis and fibromyalgia and heart rhythm disorder, so I'd better check for that too. :o :o :o

#30 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:24 AM

WebMD says I probably have multiple sclerosis and fibromyalgia and heart rhythm disorder, so I'd better check for that too. :o :o :o

Yeah, I know. A little information is dangerous.

When my wife was pregnant, I stopped off at the medical school bookstore to pick up a huge textbook of pediatric medicine. The fricken thing weighs about a hundred pounds, and is the size of Baba Kama, Baba Metzia, and Baba Batra all together (along with the Rishonim). I figured that most parents have to call the pediatrician whenever the kid has a bit of fever or an earache, and hassle for what is usually not a problem. I thought that if I read this monster, i would understand enough to know when I really needed to call the doc, and when it would be a false alarm, right? I am certainly educated enough to understand everything in the textbook--I teach in medical schools, for cryin' out loud.

So I shlep this thing home, and read it from cover to cover. I then did what every first-year med student does after reading diagnostic manuals and pathology texts for the first time. i thought that my kids (chalila) would have every rare disease known to mankind (no matter if the disease has only affected 3 people in recorded history)--and I still had to call the pediatrician when the kids had an earache.

bottom line: nothing substitutes for experience and real information, especially in medical matters.

So go to a real doc, get blood work done, (hopefully) rule out anything serious, take a vacation with your BY friend, (Santa Fe is nice this time of year, as are San Francisco and Provincetown :biggrin: ) and feel better.

#31 Kalashnikover_Rebbe

Kalashnikover_Rebbe

fine, nice looking, batampte Ben Torah

• Members
  • 26,049 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:57 AM

Boyfriend? Oy vey...

I would have been more concerned about the biting part, but to each his own I guess...
[/flirting]

#32 Diogenes The Cynic

Diogenes The Cynic

Gabbai

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:33 PM

More iron in the diet?

A lot of women are anemic.
Libertarian. Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.

#33 Xi

Xi

-->

• Banned
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:03 PM

Yeah, I know. A little information is dangerous.

When my wife was pregnant, I stopped off at the medical school bookstore to pick up a huge textbook of pediatric medicine. The fricken thing weighs about a hundred pounds, and is the size of Baba Kama, Baba Metzia, and Baba Batra all together (along with the Rishonim). I figured that most parents have to call the pediatrician whenever the kid has a bit of fever or an earache, and hassle for what is usually not a problem. I thought that if I read this monster, i would understand enough to know when I really needed to call the doc, and when it would be a false alarm, right? I am certainly educated enough to understand everything in the textbook--I teach in medical schools, for cryin' out loud.

So I shlep this thing home, and read it from cover to cover. I then did what every first-year med student does after reading diagnostic manuals and pathology texts for the first time. i thought that my kids (chalila) would have every rare disease known to mankind (no matter if the disease has only affected 3 people in recorded history)--and I still had to call the pediatrician when the kids had an earache.

bottom line: nothing substitutes for experience and real information, especially in medical matters.

So go to a real doc, get blood work done, (hopefully) rule out anything serious, take a vacation with your BY friend, (Santa Fe is nice this time of year, as are San Francisco and Provincetown :biggrin: ) and feel better.

:biggrin: Great story -- may I steal it?

I had similar when I worked at a pathologist who diagnosed various lumps and bumps. I saw all the various types of cancer that people had in their lymph nodes and elsewhere, and I'd start to freak out every time I found an enlarged gland (which happened a lot, cuz I'd always be feeling my neck!). On the other hand, I saw how rarely anyone diagnosed with something life-threatening, so I'd never actually bother mentioning the nodes when I went for my checkups.

So yeah, nothing substitutes for experience. Hopefully most doctors have a healthy sense of proportion, something that the Internet certainly does not give you.

(I'm thinking of doing a cross-country Amtrak trip, stopping in Chicago, Denver, SLC, and San Francisco, and then in Houston and New Orleans on the way back. What do you think?)

#34 starwolf

starwolf

Godol Hador

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

:biggrin: Great story -- may I steal it?

Help yourself...

(I'm thinking of doing a cross-country Amtrak trip, stopping in Chicago, Denver, SLC, and San Francisco, and then in Houston and New Orleans on the way back. What do you think?)

Sounds great! How long will you spend in each city? My votes are for longer in Chicago, Denver, SF, and N'awlins.

#35 greentiger

greentiger

look here!

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:51 PM

I second checking iron levels if you are doing bloodwork. Also a much more boring suggestion than the others that were mentioned here: if you eat a lot of carbs, try cutting them out and see if that helps.
Treat each day as your last; one day you will be right

If a man stands in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

#36 Bezalel

Bezalel

Stud muffin

• Members
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:05 PM

if you eat a lot of carbs, try cutting them out and see if that helps.

I read that as "crabs." I wonder if I'm dylsexic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)