• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lyric

lyric

grannylicious

• Members
  • 7,872 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:29 PM

So I had my first ever experience of acupuncture tonight. It was OK! I didn't mind the needles. I was lying on my stomach which is not my favourite position, but it wasn't like being in an MRI tunnel; I could move around and get more comfortable. Has it made any difference to my back and shoulder arthritic pain? Not that I can tell, not yet. Going for more next week. It might take a while to kick in maybe? Or be cumulative? Does anyone have more experience of it than me? (Hardly difficult as I have none except today!)
Seen on News Billboard: Osama bin Laden is dead. What Kate was wearing when she heard the news...

#2 Red Hare

Red Hare

When this old you are, look as good you will not !

• Members
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:50 PM

I know that it does not work well for gout which is an arthritic condition.
"There's a stroller called Phil and Ted's? Is that the kind for most excellent adventuresome babies?" Sweet

"I discovered that all the participating members here are 'black sheep' in their own circles. On Hashkafah.com, the mainstream is truly wacked." Silent J

"H.com becomes a proverbial Hotel California for many of us" Nooch

#3 Sweet

Sweet

Passionately Ambivalent

• Members
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:35 PM

http://www.theatlant...-medicine/8554/
The world has too many stupid people who are full of confidence, and smart people who are full of self-doubt.

#4 lyric

lyric

grannylicious

• Members
  • 7,872 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:26 AM

I think I am skeptical enough to assess for myself and not be conned into thinking things are working when they aren't. But so far everyone I have spoken to has said acupuncture has helped them enormously with ailments from hayfever to anxiety and pain relief is my only goal here. I know if I am in pain and if not. So far it has made no difference, but I will give it a go for six sessions and see.
Seen on News Billboard: Osama bin Laden is dead. What Kate was wearing when she heard the news...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users